“And the meat just kept coming....”
Review of Rodizio Grill

Rodizio Grill
Ranked #35 of 583 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rodizio Grill is the first authentic Brazilian Steakhouse restaurant or Churrascaria in the United States. It was establish in 1995 by founder and President Ivan Utrera, a native Brazilian born in Sao Paulo. Rodizio Grill is an award-winning restaurant featured in many national media, including USA Today, The Washington Post, CBS News, NBC News and others.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have eaten here twice. The food is not the best I've had of this type, but it's good. We will eat here again. When you go in they take your drink order. The lime and cream drink is my favorite and very refreshing. The vegetable beef soup has the BEST broth I have ever tasted and I had to have two servings it was so good. The salad bar is good, but not remarkable. It doesn't have the large selection you might find at some of the more pricey and well-known places of this type. The meat just kept coming and what we had was mostly good, although the pork loin was dry this time. I never got to the hot side dishes because I was so full after the soup, salad, appetizers, and extra caramelized bananas we ordered -- which were really good. They offer a two-for-one on birthdays so sign up and you REALLY get your money's worth. Although we had to send the bill back because they forgot to apply it... the manager very quickly fixed it and was really pleasant about it.

There are newer reviews for Rodizio Grill

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The best thing that I can say is that the staff was pleasant. The side dishes (from a too-small buffet bar) were bland at best. The sirloin steak was room temp and very rare. When lamb finally appeared it was way overdone. The meat guys were slow to serve (seemingly on purpose to keep food costs down.) I would never go back here for any reason. It was an unpleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Geoffrey Z
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had experienced a Brazilian steakhouse before, but it was my boyfriend's first time. We both absolutely loved it. For 34.99 per person, we got unlimited appetizers, salad bar, and meat. There is also a salad bar only option. We were a bit wary at first because even though we had reservations and the restaurant was only about half full, the hostess directed us to the bar to wait. About 5 minutes later, we were being shown to our table. Our waiter promptly greeted us and gave us our drinks and salad bar plates. Because my boyfriend has never been to one of these places, the waiter gave the explanation of how it worked. We went to the salad bar and only visited half of it before our plates were full. I recommend going around the entire thing before taking food! There were several different types of salads, pastas, potatoes, and vegetables. They also had soup, spicy shrimp, and numerous other foods. At our table, were were brought three different appetizers (the cheese bread was the best!). Once we were ready for the meat, we turned our token to the green side. There was a regular stream of meats coming by our table, although at times we had two of the same kind back to back. We sampled glazed ham (best ham I've ever had!), tri tip, top sirloin (amazing), steak with garlic seasoning, a couple of different types of chicken, a couple of different types of pork (one wrapped in bacon), lamb, sausage, and pineapple. We were also offered tomatoes, peppers, chicken hearts, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things! For some of the meats, you can tell them how done you want it, but sometimes it just comes how it comes (which is usually med-rare to medium). The meat was typically prepared how I prefer it, but even my boyfriend (who is a well done kind of guy) enjoyed it. We didn't get dessert, but it looked amazing. By the end of the meal (which included multiple breaks to digest a bit), we were stuffed. The only real complaint we had came at the end of the meal when it was time for our check. Our waiter had to go to the bar to clean and so we got a new waitress. We asked her for the check and we never got it. The waitress that brought the dessert tray told us she would check on it and we never saw her again, either. We tried to flag down our waitress, but she ignored our entire side of the restaurant. We finally flagged down a waiter and he went and told another waitress that we needed our check. We were using a Living Social deal so it took three tries before they got the discount taken off. While it was frustrating to end the meal on that note, it was a great meal. The restaurant was clean and modern (thought freezing cold when the front door opened) and the gauchos that bring the meat to the tables were very friendly and attentive. Something that is good to know: we were told that if you have a request, let the gaucho know and if they can remember it by the time they make the rounds, they'll get it to your table.

1  Thank osugrl23
Reviewed November 25, 2013

A group of us went here for lunch. You get Unlimited Appetizers, Salads & Rotisserie Grilled Meats for one price. The salad bar alone could fill you up and you have the option of a salad bar only or the entire meal experience. They even have a kids price. They even have a way for you to flip the colors when you want the check. I would love to see this restaurant stay open for lunch, so please try it - you won't be disappointed. The address is Irving; however, it borders Las Colinas - opened in May 2013.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I went there for lunch with my friends. The food is a unique experience. The servers were very skilled and they were not coming again and again with the meats for my vegetarian friend. For me the best part was glazed pineapple and juicy meats. The meats were well spiced and were very tasty.

I only wish the food was little cheaper but I guess I won't get so much unlimited meat.

I plan to go again with my business colleagues in 2 weeks.

Been to Rodizio Grill? Share your experiences!