“Urban Tadka in Las Colinas Valley Ranch excellent quality & price”
Review of Urban Tadka

Urban Tadka
Ranked #53 of 597 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was hungry and saw this place next to the Best Buy near MacArthur and LBJ. I had the buffet lunch which allowed me to try just about every dish. I was so pleasantly surprised at the freshness and quality as well as the authentic taste of this Indian restaurant. The food was really exceptional for the price and the service was the friendliest I've experienced in an Indian restaurant (typically to my experience Indian restaurants are not very friendly, not sure why). The atmosphere and cleanliness gets very high marks! Anyway taking the ease of access, parking, quality and price then add in superior friendly service and this makes my Top hit list for Indian cuisine. Lunch buffet around $10. Definitely worth the price!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you are in the Dallas area, don't miss the authentic north Indian food at this place. Great family run restaurant and absolutely fresh, punjabi home like food. We went there 2 days in a row when we went to Grapewine.

1  Thank Nakul G
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are normally a non-vegetarian family when we go out for dinner, and we have been to Urban Tadka many a times. Last week though, we were craving for vegetarian, and decided to try it there. We liked the food so much that decided to write a review for the vegetarian dishes here.

We tried the malai kofta and paneer bhurji with Naan and rice. Both of the items had the perfect amount of spice and were just delicious. The Paneer Bhurji was a new dish to me, and I just loved it. I highly recommend the place to vegetarian food lovers too along with the non-vegetarian lovers of course. I'll be back for more vegetarian soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent punjabi food, we tried paneer burji and malai kofta and both were very good. so far the best punjabi dishes i have had in dallas.. exquisite.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant has yummy North Indian food. I had ordered the Saag paneer and it was yummy. Ordering Saag paneer at any Indian restaurant is my way of testing the menu. If it is yummy you need not worry about other items on the menu. Also the quantity of curries is great. My husband and I ordered 2 curries and ate it for 2 dinners excluding the one at the restaurant! LOL! The ambiance is good but doesn't have enough high chairs. Also the staff at the restaurant is very much disinterested. I'm the kind of person who feels bad asking restaurant staff do extra tasks but the staff here made me feel worse about asking them about an extra to-go box! The only good staff at the restaurant is the manager/owner and his family. I am giving an Average rating for the service only because of them or else it is poor.

Been to Urban Tadka? Share your experiences!