“Authentic North Indian Food in Dallas”
Review of Urban Tadka

Urban Tadka
Ranked #62 of 577 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Boston, Massachusetts
“Authentic North Indian Food in Dallas”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you are in the Dallas area, don't miss the authentic north Indian food at this place. Great family run restaurant and absolutely fresh, punjabi home like food. We went there 2 days in a row when we went to Grapewine.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nakul G

Dallas, Texas
“The vegetarian out here is just as yummy”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are normally a non-vegetarian family when we go out for dinner, and we have been to Urban Tadka many a times. Last week though, we were craving for vegetarian, and decided to try it there. We liked the food so much that decided to write a review for the vegetarian dishes here.

We tried the malai kofta and paneer bhurji with Naan and rice. Both of the items had the perfect amount of spice and were just delicious. The Paneer Bhurji was a new dish to me, and I just loved it. I highly recommend the place to vegetarian food lovers too along with the non-vegetarian lovers of course. I'll be back for more vegetarian soon.

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Punjabi Food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent punjabi food, we tried paneer burji and malai kofta and both were very good. so far the best punjabi dishes i have had in dallas.. exquisite.

Visited September 2013
Plano, Texas
“Great taste”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant has yummy North Indian food. I had ordered the Saag paneer and it was yummy. Ordering Saag paneer at any Indian restaurant is my way of testing the menu. If it is yummy you need not worry about other items on the menu. Also the quantity of curries is great. My husband and I ordered 2 curries and ate it for 2 dinners excluding the one at the restaurant! LOL! The ambiance is good but doesn't have enough high chairs. Also the staff at the restaurant is very much disinterested. I'm the kind of person who feels bad asking restaurant staff do extra tasks but the staff here made me feel worse about asking them about an extra to-go box! The only good staff at the restaurant is the manager/owner and his family. I am giving an Average rating for the service only because of them or else it is poor.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Georgia
“Best North Indian food in DFW area”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am very wary of eating Indian food at restaurants, specially north Indian. They taste the same and are greasy and overcooked. Urban Tadka is an exception. Their food is clearly freshly prepared. The wait is a little longer than in other restuarants and that is because the food is actually prepared when it is ordered and not reheated!!
Even the greasy preparations like malai kofta didn't have the normaly 1 inch of oil floating on top. the spice(heat was just right).
AT $8.99, their weekend buffet is true value for money.
SErvice is a little slow. But the owners come to your table personally to share the history of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Urban Tadka? Share your experiences!