“Needs Lessons on Properly Preparing a Caesar Salad”
Review of BlueFire Grill

BlueFire Grill
Ranked #28 of 580 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American
Cortlandt Manor
“Needs Lessons on Properly Preparing a Caesar Salad”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Dined with a client at the BlueFire Grille (Not Lounge) who was staying at the hotel, so meal and price was secondary...but not unimportant.

Chose the Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp. Way over-dressed. Unskilled preparation. If I wasn't with a client, I would have sent it back.

Positives: Pleasant but darkened decor, and private enough for business conversation.

• Visited October 2013

Denton, Texas
“average hotel restaraunt”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is an average hotel restaraunt. they serve 20+ dollar sandwiches. I noticed that the grille was empty often. The mixed drinks are pretty good though if you like to sit at the bar

Visited July 2013
san diego
“Pricy but Excellent”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Really nice restaurant at the Westin DFW.

Had just a salad and appetizer -- wasn't hungry enough for something bigger but almost all the entrees were about $30-40.

Very good food and very generous servings of wine.

Service was excellent.

Visited May 2013
Colorado
“Isabel was great!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I read the few reviews on this property before deciding to eat here instead of Denny's. I was glad that I did. This restaurant is certainly a notch or two above traditional hotel restaurants. I was seated immediately. One thing I noticed right away, was how COLD the restaurant was. The atmosphere was nice, though, and uncrowded. I was served by Isabel, who I found to be friendly, welcoming, and efficient. Dinner started with a few tasty warm rolls and butter. I chose the 5 ounce Fillet for dinner, which was very tasty, and came with a side of choice. I chose the baked potato, which was baked perfectly. I had a very affordable glass of wine. I had a HUGE portion of "killer" fudge cake. It was so rich and big, I couldn't finish it. I chose a coffee and Bailey's to finish the meal, and found it to be delicious. This restaurant could do much better in a better location, and is worth the trip, even for those not staying in the Westin.

• Visited April 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Four of us went to this restaurant. 2 received a half size salad and the other 2 ordered a full size salad. The full-size salad was enough food for three people to eat not one. I was barely able to eat the half size one I ordered. The food is good, service is good, however I would recommend sharing what you order with someone.

• Visited April 2013