“Loud and friendly place for a light meal and beer.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Cellar Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #403 of 572 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waterbury Center, Vermont
“Loud and friendly place for a light meal and beer.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

A loud place just across the road from the Omni. Easy walk for a moderately priced burger/pizza and beer. Lots of folks from nearby offices come here for happy hour. Pretty good choice for an informal dinner if you're staying at the hotel.

Irving, Texas, United States
“Horrible service, mediocre food, not worth the price.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Horrible service, mediocre food, not worth the price.

Wow where do I even start.
First, I walked down into the main area for "The Cellar" and waited for over 7 minutes with no one to seat me. I'm on my lunch break, so I don't really have time to waste. The bartender kept looking at me but never said anything. I eventually found a waiter and asked him I should sit myself and he explained that I should.
I met up with a girl there, so we had a good time. The food was ok, not great, but not bad. But once we were done eating, we waited over 10 min for the waiter to notice us. No joke, he walked by us five times before he actually looked at me. When we finally got our ticket, he left us again and disappeared. Now, they aren't busy right now. There isn't an excuse. I couldn't take the chance of waiting another 10 min so I got up and walked to the waiter to pay.
I had a groupon... I paid $15 for $30 worth. My total bill was $40, however only $23 of that was our meal. The other amount was for beer. Well, they scanned my Groupon, then told me that the $30 would only cover food. I was like...well that's $7 left over. Isn't there anything you can do? He offered me an appetizer coupon. Well, he went to go get it. Except that when he came back, he said he couldn't give me one. He "couldn't find the GM". At this point, I'm late for work. I asked again if there was anything he could do which he declined. So I paid the beer for me and her, and left. I will most likely never go here again. The only reason why I would go here is to drink a beer or two.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Haubstadt
“Don't pay attention to old reviews... Worth a visit now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I visited this place in 2012 and was less than impressed. Just got done with my 2013 visit and I could tell within the first 10 minutes that it had changed. The service was great. The management was top notch. Last but not least the food was very good. A fantastic place if you want to stay casual, have a couple of beers and enjoy a great sandwich. I personally tried the steak sandwich with garlic mashed potatoes (with a couple of beer on tap). A very enjoyable evening indeed!

• Visited March 2013
Blackwood, New Jersey
“Good Bar Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was across the street from the Omni Hotel within walking distance. This is a good restaurant for sandwiches and pickies. They had draft and bottled beers and a pretty good selection. The food was good, everyone in our party ordered sandwiches and everyone like them. This place was nothing fancy, but the food, atmosphere and beer was cold. I would go again.

Visited February 2013
Tennessee
“Refreshfent in a Dry Land”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We drove around this part of Irving for thirty minutes looking for an area with a variety of restaurants and bars. There was so such option. The Cellar was the only likely place we found and what a delightful find it is!
The staff are skilled and enjoyable to be around. The food is excellent pub fare - try the buffalo chicken salad with hot sauce. The crowd crosses all ages and seems to have a decidedly loyal, local following. You'll feel quite welcome o watch a game or chat up the townies. The Cellar is a truly bright spot in an utterly dull Irving.

1 Thank howards994