“Simply... AWESOME!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Miami Beach, Florida
“Simply... AWESOME!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I been coming to this place since they've opened. Everything they have here from the coffee and tea, pastries, cakes and the famous speciality "the empanadas" are just great mouth watering.Is a small cozy place with a small seating area. comfortable and wi-fi is free, nice to come and chat with the friends, however and wont recomended for families with kid's (specialy on th eweekends when is crowded) They have a great assosrtment of coffee and tea for sale,Also try the fresh bread they have on a daily basis. 200% RECOMENDED!!

• Visited February 2013

Irving, Texas
“A cozy place to rest and relax”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We visit almost weekly with my husband and daughter. For years we were looking for a bakery experience like I grew up with in Europe, and this, oddly enough, comes very close. From the first time we found it, we knew this would be a great place. A small bakery-cafe, with limited items imported from Argentina for sale (a variety of mate and related items, spices, coffee, a case full of bread and imported sausages), an array of coffee and tea drinks, empanadas and, of course, the ever-growing variety of desserts. Lately they added an extra case for cupcakes and cake balls to go with the current fad in dessertdom, and business-wise it was a very shrewd decision. I always choose from their original items, but my daughter got swayed by the cherry-topped cupcakes once or twice.
The interior is great, always decorated according to season and comfy, with its big inviting leather chairs on the side begging to spend a couple of hours reading or catching up on e-mail, and the more traditional chair-and-table arrangements in the middle and a couple of chairs outside. The line of glass cases as you enter holds a bewildering array of sweets, cakes and desserts. A lot of them are made with dulce de leche, which I personally find a bit too sweet, but most Americans should have no problems with it. I normally end up with one of the Piononos--cake rolls filled with fruit jam and either dusted with sugar or coconut, or covered in chocolate. Their tiramisu cake is surprisingly light and authentic-tasting, while their Eclair is one of the best I've sampled in the metroplex.
The empanadas are fresh and baked on site behind the counter: try the beef with jalapeno (delightfully spicy with the little pieces of egg countering the sharpness of the jalapenos perfectly), or the spinach-ricotta (soft cheese and pepper-studded chopped spinach, yum!). My little one's favorite is the simple Ham &Cheese.
The coffee is fresh, and the large earthenware mugs are great to hold and sip from while looking around and listening to the other patrons and the soft music. This is not pretentious or artsy, there's no weird wibe or flashy baristas: they just, simply, give you a slice of a culture that, in my opinion, should feature more in our everyday life.
Try it.

• Visited February 2013
Dfw
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a small bakery with tons of things to choose from! I always go for the empanadas and 2 or 3 of them is enough for me to get full!

My favorites are the Ham & Cheese and Spinach and Cheese. They have coffee and tea for sale and an assortment of amazing pastries most of them made with Dulce de Leche.

You can also order the empanadas by the doze ahead of time! Definitely a must!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank WildarisDfw
“This was an amazing bakery full of delicious treats for all”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We decided to go here because of all the great reviews we found on line. We order 4 different pastries to share (my husband and myself) and they were moist, fresh and delicious. This is a bakery, coffee house and mini Argentina store. It was fun and the owner helped us pick out our treats. Will definitely go back!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bob and Barb H
Euless, Texas
“Best bakery in Irving”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have been looking for bakery like this for a very long time. It is a kind of bakery you see on every corner in southern american countries. Everything is so fresh and delicious. I shop there every time when I am in the area or on my way to somewhere. I wish it is near where I live. So I can go there every day.

• Visited May 2012