“Decent Place”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #180 of 576 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irving, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Place”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They have good ambience, Food is good and have lots of veggie choices. There Chips and Salsa is best

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rajeshla

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first time eating here was great. The food came fast. I ordered a Chimachanga w/ queso w/black beans & rice with Coronarita It was a great! & free wifi as I needed to apt hunt so just perfect... my new fav

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mommieyo
Dallas, Texas
“Food was Bland”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I met friends for happy hour. Normally I go to On the Border in Addison, TX. Friends wanted to meet at the one on Market Place in Irving. I ordered a Miller Lite which was supposed to be a $2 happy hour drink. When I got my bill the waiter had charged me for a $4 Dos Equis. Whatever it was it could have been water because it was tasteless and not at all cold. My friends ordered the happy hour margaritas which were made with house tequila. They said they were delicious and strong. My friends ordered chicken tacos and bean and cheese burritos. They said they were good. They also liked the queso and guacamole. The guacamole was almost tasteless to me. The chips and salsa were OK. I ordered my favorite dish of Shrimp Diablo. I should have ordered something else. The shrimp were not hot, they didn't have much diablo sauce on them, and they were supposed to be jumbo. Mine were average size. The cilantro lime rice was also tasteless. The vegetables (mushrooms, squash, and peppers) were tasty. I can't complain about my pecan praline brownie sundae because it was deeeelicious. The brownie was soft and moist, and the praline caramel, chocolate sauce was scrumptious. The vanilla ice cream was soft and flavorful. I think our waitress' name was Lindsey. She was nice and attentive. I pointed out the error the waiter who took my drink order made and she was very nice about getting the price corrected. My friends ordered the sopapillas. They said they were very good. I guess out of the five of us I was the only one who was not satisfied with the food. The restaurant in Addison has much better food and service. My bill was $26.00. I think this was a bit expensive for what I ended up with. Next time someone suggests this restaurant I'll pass.

• Visited August 2013
Irving, TX USA
“Good reliable Tex-Mex!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

OTB is a staple when my wife & I have a hankering for fajitas. We get a good value for what we expect for Tex-Mex @ On The Border. Pappasito's exceeds OTB for quality, but OTB gives good value for the price!

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“NOT real mexican food”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is NOT real Tex-Mex, or Authentic Mexican food for that matter.. its just a watered down hybrid chain that suits the less adventurous palate.