“Great atmosphere and service”

Champps Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #67 of 578 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Description: Happy Hour - Monday through Friday (3pm - 6pm). Remember when watching the big game meant huddling around the TV at your buddy's place? Yeah... We try not to remember it either. Luckily we've got an easy fix to flipping back and forth between games, trying not to miss that once in a lifetime play. Not to mention muchin' on that weird plate of raw veggies, rank ranch, and stale chips from the grocery store around the corner. At Champps we've focused on redefining American Cuisine, so you get the best of both worlds. As soon as you walk into the door you feel the atmosphere leaping from our Champpions, ready and eager to serve a heaping portion of Hand-Crafted eats, and Local Craft Brews. Our craveable made-from-scratch menu, vast selection of ice-cold beers, and MASSIVE screens on the walls are sure to get you pumped for any occasion. We're doing it our own, slightly off beat, way. It sorta makes heading out into the frigid weather for bad seats and overpriced stadium beers seem like a consolation prize. It's our philosophy and we couldn't be prouder. So no matter where you are in the country, pull up a chair and enjoy the Best Seat For Any Occasion.
Wool
“Great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Thrice I have been here, twice for drinks and one for dinner, great sports bar atmosphere, very good value food and drink, for those that require it, there is even a smoking area, very rare in this day and age. I would return again any time I am in the area.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
Frisco, TX
“You name it, they have it”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

wanted something besides the standard RH&B BBQ I have when here, so popped in. Was very surprised at all of the choices on the menu; something for everyone. I settled on a burger and beer, and that combo hit the spot. I will have to hit this place up again when in the area.

Visited February 2013
Fort Worth
“Good food - very noisy”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you want to know what's happening in sports, this is your place. There are TV's everywhere. The food and service are great. It can be hard to hear, so if you are going here for business, make sure that you are sitting close to the person that you want to talk to.

Visited June 2013
“Never been disappointed here.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've eaten several times at Champps and I've enjoyed the food every single time. The crab bread on their appetizer menu is always my go-to late night snack food. Very yummy. The service is always good, particularly at the bar. The drink prices are a little high for the area, but the atmosphere is always so fun I'm willing to pay the extra. It feels a lot like what I would imagine the bar on Cheers felt like. Very friendly local crowd and by the end of most nights there everyone does know your name.

• Visited October 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Chewing tobacco at bar”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my first visit to this Champps, although I have experienced a couple others. First, I would like to compliment the bar staff, because they were friendly and attentive. The salmon was prepared as I requested (blackened with a side of brocolli) and tasted delicious.
I had been staying in the Historic area downtown Dallas for the previous six nights but found it necessay to stay near DFW for a very early flight the next day. I am not sure of the smoking rules in TX, but the bars/restaurant in the historic area do not permit smoking on the premises.
I was surprised to see that smoking is allowed or tolerated at this Champps. I did notice that some smokers at Champps and other nearby restaurants were smoking outside for other unknown reasons. Maybe they were being considerate of friends or other guests. Or, they were just used to the procedure in other areas o fthe U.S.
At this Champps, ashtrays were in abundance at the bar. I was put off at first, but knew that I would only be there for a short time. Just before I ordered my dinner, two gentlemen sat down adjacent to me; one lit up a cigarette. The person closest to me asked the bartender for an ashtray. She offered him one of the ones on the bar, but said he needed someting to use as a spit cup for his chew. She was visibly not amused by his request. Besides engaging in this filthy practice, he attempted to intimidate the bartender, who infomed him that she had never gotten a request for a spit cup at the bar.
How can this be condoned in an eating establishment? If I happen to visit this (or any other for that matter) restaurant again, I will immediately walk out should I witness such crass behavior. Before doing so, however, I will verbally complain to the manager. This person's behavior was disgusting. The bartender handled the siuation well, but maybe a call to the manager was apropos.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Champps Kitchen and Bar? Share your experiences!