“This was the place for me”

The Crossroads Hotel & Suites
Ranked #70 of 77 Hotels in Irving
A TripAdvisor Member
“This was the place for me”
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I was in town for a wedding and stayed at Econo Lodge in Irving Tx. I am from Michigan and I have been to this hotel twice now, once for business and this time for leisure. Although my last stay was okay, I decided to come back to this place because of it's location. Although it is hard to get to, you are just minutes away
from everything. I brought my family with me as well so we decided to do some activities.

The hotel had been remodeled since my last visit and that is what made my stay this time around excellent.

While we were there we visited the Texas Stadium, Medival Times at Market Center and JFK museum in downtown Dallas. Every location was only 5 min away so it was convinient and easy for us to find our way around.
Our room was in great condition and the front desk was very pleasant. I met the manager and complimented him
on the job he has done with the hotel, and garunteed him anytime I would re-visit the Dallas area again, I would stay with them.

Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seal Beach, Ca.
Reviewed January 26, 2005

Pleasant desk staff. Room comfortable except for having no chair. When I asked why there was a desk but no chair in which to sit at it, they brought me a chair from the dining area. Clean room. Almost no noise from adjacent highway.

Fair breakfast but no supervision in breakfast room. Several children without parents. Decided to do without waffles both mornings when I saw people "clean" waffle iron by blowing into it. No tongs for pastries. Saw youngster pick up each pastry on the tray, examine it closely, and return it to the tray.

Fire lane at the front of the motel causes many guests to park at some distance from their rooms. Parking lot had a deep, fast moving torrent of water over most of it. Looked like a river. Got soaked.

Promotional stamps were not voluntarily offered at check out. Even after requesting them, they didn't honor Econolodge's "double stamp" promo, only giving me two stamps instead of the four to which I was entitled. In my experience, most Econolodge Managers don't recognize the promotions or give stamps without considerable argument.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank Phyllis O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving
Knights Inn Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
#144 of 201 in Dallas
Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas
TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Motel 6 Dallas - Market Center
SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E

Been to The Crossroads Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!