“Waiter made the difference”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #40 of 629 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I dislike Red Lobster but because I was staying next door at the Holiday Inn Express and I wanted a drink and didn't want to drive afterwards I decided to give them a try. I haven't been in a Red Lobster in over ten years. The food the last time was just horrible.

My Makers Mark Manhattan was OK but I've had better, it needed bitters. The biscuits they serve are fit for pigeons, just awful. My Caesar salad was served cold, in a cold bowl - great! - except it had so much cheap dressing the romaine lettuce was wilted. This was an terrible salad.

I ordered one of the nightly specials, grilled Tilapia with rum/pineapple salsa. The fish was fantastic, very fresh and tasty! The rum/pineapple salsa was way too sweet and inappropriate for the type of fish. I told the waiter, Jose, about this and he asked me if I would like some habanero sauce. I mixed a dish of that on top of the fish and the result was perfect! They should dump the rum salsa idea. He rescued the best part of my meal!

Maybe I will stop at another Red Lobster in another ten years. Maybe not. This is a chain that doesn't know how to prepare seafood and they charge way too much for their lack of skill.

Also, this particular store is as dark as a dungeon, not sure what was up with that!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This particular red lobster has definately went down hill since I started coming here over 10 yrs ago. My last experience the lobster tail was so dry and the meat was pulled very far away from the shell (like it had been cooked and sitting around a while). Waitress was good but not over friendly and more to business. We swore last time that we wouldnt go back again, but we did. Ugggh no place really exceptional for seafood in southern part of Irving.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I ate some good fish here, I took the lobster tail, crab and shrimps. everything with good boston beer.
Service was fast and accurate too.
Good if you wann try something different than steak in Texas.

1  Thank Axe P
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Tasty sea food at regular prices!
The reception was very friendly and I recommend the Ultimate Feast for all of you seafood lovers!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great service!! Phil, our waiter, was super friendly. Very clean and food was great!! There was a sign out front advertising help needed so we were afraid the customer service would be lacking. Totally not the case.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!