“Favorable experience”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife, two teenage children and myself stayed here Jan. 3-5 in Room 452. We were there for the Cotton Bowl and then stayed for the weekend so we chose this property to be somewhat close to the stadium (about 10 minutes north). Overall there were more positives than negatives. Check-in was easy and swift and the front desk staff were very, very helpful. They recommended a nearby restaurant (Aspen Creek) for dinner and it was outstanding. The room itself was clean and what we expected and the beds were comfortable. One complaint was that we like to sleep with the room very cool and the thermostat was programmed to not go lower than 66 degrees. This may not be an issue with many but for us we were a bit uncomfortable. There's food and limited Starbucks coffees available for a price, but we chose to eat breakfast and dinner elsewhere. Free WiFi was a bit spotty but managable. Overall we were pleased with our stay mainly due to the friendly and helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alex N, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

One of the great joys in my profession is to read that we made a difference to a guest's stay. I will run a wifi test with our provider to make sure our coverage is outstanding - not just good, I truly thank you for this input. Also the thermostats are set like that in a small unit so that the coils do not freeze. In larger air conditioning units like your home, they can tolerate lower temperatures extremes. The input you provide is so valuable to make us the best, thank you for choosing Marriott.

Alex Nguyen

Reviewed January 1, 2014

As a Marriott Rewards Gold member, I stay at a lot of Courtyards. This hotel was OK, but lacked anything that makes it stand out as memorable. The room heat thermostat reminded me of college -- burn up until you open the sliding glass door to let in some winter cold. No complimentary coffee, instead you have to ga$ up at their in-lobby Starbucks. Definitely don't buy the hamburger on the menu, it tasted like less than 100% beef to me. The hotel is built in the middle of nowhere, nothing to walk to, nothing interesting for miles ... there are just too many other interesting choices in the D/FW metro area ... next time I will find another one. You should, too.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns with us. We pride ourselves on outstanding service and it troubles me that you had this many issues, without resolution. I would love to discuss these matters in person. We are in the top 10% of all Courtyard for solving the guest issues, and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. The next time you are in our area, please call me - I will handle your reservation personally.

Alex Nguyen

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I normally stay in Westins, Sheratons, and previously InterContinentals but had some Marriott points I have needed to spend and I can not say how pleased I have been with the Marriott chain so far! This hotel is no exception and in fact had one of the greatest staff I have had the pleasure of interacting with yet. After my very disappointing "other chain" DFW stay a couple days before I can not say how much better this hotel staff was. From the very prompt, friendly airport pickup to the very nice lady at check in to the larger room and great free breakfast and free wifi, well I am getting sold on switching over to Marriott. I have had nothing but outstanding service from every Marriott property I have stayed at including this hotel.

I do not remember the names of the driver or the front desk staff but was a guest on Nov 26th, room 300, so want to make sure that management knows which staff were working and what great staff they have working for them!

The room itself was comfortable and quite large, though the bathroom was on the small size but the bed was comfortable and overall nothing at all to complain about.

Breakfast was pretty extensive and tasty. I was returned to the airport by an extremely friendly shuttle driver, a lady this time. Again, what a great staff this hotel has. I was extremely impressed once again.

Next time I have a layover at DFW I will certainly consider staying at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We flew from Jersey to Dallas for Texas AAA NASCAR race. We stayed here for 2 nights using our Marriott reward points. The hotel is 5 mins from the airport we had GPS and did not get lost. Residence Inn is right across the parking lot we joked that we was going to go over there for the free breakfast but we didn't. Check in was a breeze except the front desk had no idea what I was talking about when I asked why didn't they have mobile check-in. Also they needed my cc to swipe even though my card is on file. It wasn't a problem for me. I just thought they were probably behind with technology and will soon catch up. I just stayed in DC, NY and Pittsburg and never once had to give them my CC and did mobile check-in except DC. The lobby is updated and inviting. The bed was comfy and my room was clean thank goodness no dried poo on the toilet. Lol. My room had a huge balcony facing the outdoor pool. When we wanted dinner choices The front desk was helpful and gave us directions to a steak restaurant. They took the time to go over a few restaurants and gave suggestions. Two things that I can honestly say about Marriott chains 1. Front desk customer service is top notch. 2. The beds are super comfortable. I've never ever had a problem and I've stayed in different Marriotts every 3 weeks for the last 6 months. They have free shuttle and one night we wanted to go to Whataburger across the road but we didn't want to lose our good parking spot so the nice guy I cant think of his name took us. We was like you don't mind and he smiled and said that's my job.That's what I love about Marriott. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again if Im ever in Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The bed is comfortable, but there is dried poop all around the front of the toilet. Gross I booked with Priceline and got the room for around $90. It was ok, but I probably won't stay here again. The dried poop was nasty. The A/C worked but the toilet was nasty. Did I mention the toilet was nasty?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is our average, remodeled Courtyard with the updated lobby with the bistro look. I spent a Thursday night here and the hotel had a Thursday Night Football event. Staff was extremely attentive and professional.
Room was clean and comfortable. Gym had the standard equipment for the brand (couple of treadmills, bikes and elliptical).
Hotel is REALLY convenient to the airport. 4-5 miles max to car rental return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Dallas from Miami for a weekend in October to see the Cowboys/Redskins game. My wife found a great deal online for a room at the Courtyard Marriot DFW. We were very pleased to discover that this hotel was in a quiet business district away from any local noise or traffic. The hotel was very clean, and the room was much larger than I expected. All the staff that we encountered were very pleasant and friendly when we arrived. However, what sets this place apart from many other hotels is the honesty and helpfulness of the staff. On Monday, when I arrived at the airport after checking out of the hotel, I discovered that my class ring of 26 years was not on my finger. After a brief moment of panic, I called the hotel reception desk. At that time I spoke with a very nice lady at the desk, who took my name and information and told me that she would check with the cleaning staff to see if my ring was in the room. About 10 minutes later, the lady called back and told me that my ring was found! Since I was at the airport about to go through TSA security, I asked if she would ship the ring to me at my expense. She then suggested that if I could go back outside to the curb, she would have a shuttle driver bring the ring to me. Less than 15 minutes later, I had my ring back on my finger! It is great to see that there are still honest people in this world. I am very greatful for that! Thanks to all the staff at the Courtyard Marriot DFW! The Cowboys won, and I got my ring back! Great trip!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Ft. Worth Airport South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!