Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
$405
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbest westernsdfw airportirving mallshuttle servicewithin walking distancethe staff was friendly and helpfulwould stay againmini fridgegas stationnice roomsix flagseasy accessnice stayhot breakfastone night staybusiness tripdallas area
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was looking for a hotel that was reasonably priced near DFW because I had an early flight out the next day. I didn't know anything about the area when I chose it. The hotel was nice and quiet, the room very large with a fridge and microwave. It was a good place to be for the night. However it was on the north side of the airport and there were only other hotels along the road, I didn't see any restaurants around so think about that if you don't have a car. The rental return was on the south side and I saw much more activity on that side when I was returning the car the night before.

The reception staff was kind, but the lady who was there in the evening was exceptional! I don't have her name and think it may have been Bianca. I was headed to a couple of places in the evening before turning the car in, taking the rental shuttle back to the airport to get the hotel shuttle back. She gave me many good pointers and info that made everything flow smoothly. I can't thank her enough for that! Traveling alone makes me nervous, but she had me quite confident when I headed out.

The airport shuttle they use isn't theirs, it is one that goes to other hotels too. The small van is packed with people. It picks up at several locations at the airport and there are many people waiting for it for the hotels in the area, and we passed many people who had to wait for later shuttles, no idea how long they had to wait. Luckily I found that out the night I turned in the car so I was prepared the next morning...I thought. I signed up for the 4:45 AM shuttle and luckily got downstairs at 4:30. Apparently they had 67 people to pick up at that time so several shuttles were working and got there early so they could make 2 trips each. BE SURE you are prepared for the wait if you are being picked up at the airport, AND if you are using it to get to the airport for a flight. That is the only bad thing about the hotel.

The hotel itself was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank trvlr8000
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed for concert nearby....old decor, horrible bed, the air didn't cool and made horrible noises..... the turned off light above microwave flickered all night.....SO, no sleep... would not recommend at this time..need to finish improving all the rooms!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was flying out of DFW very early AM. I needed a place to spend the night and take a shuttle to the airport while leaving my car at the hotel. This GREAT hotel fit the bill. I had never done this before, so I was hesitant, but was VERY satisfied with the location and the result. I will definately do this again. The hotel was very clean and staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Always stay at this hotel. It is average. But for the area it is a pretty good deal. Staff is always cordial and helpful. Most amenities are good and in working order. Beds are pretty comfortable pillow top mattresses

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Traveled to Dallas for first ever visit. Purpose was to see Notre Dame play in Cowboy Stadium. Couldn't believe the quality of the hotel and the professional and willingness to help from the entire staff. I rarely recommend hotels, but I would definitely recommend this hotel. They shuttle you from airport, to dinner, and to the train station to get into either Dallas or Fort Worth. I was more than completely satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo