“Poor shuttle service mars an otherwise decent stay”

Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 21, 2013

When we arrived at DFW, we called for shuttle service. I told the person who answered the phone I was having trouble hearing him. He did not speak louder. We were told it would be 20 mins for the van to arrive. After 30 mins, we called to see where the shuttle was. the quiet talker said he was on his way. A few mins later, the shuttle zoomed past us in the fast lane, not the curb lane. We waved frantically, the driver started to pull over but couldn't make it to the curb lane and drove away. When he finally got to us, there was a mumbled apology. The shuttle made one last stop where the other guest told us she had been waiting 40+ mins. This is not acceptable. Otherwise, the room was average, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This experience will go down in history as one of my very worst stays ever at a hotel! Upon arrival, there were three of us - ladies (family and friends). We were told that we would have to pay an additional $10 for the value of the breakfast offered with the room stay! As we were discussing this matter with the two ladies at the desk (professionally and quietly) two men came out of the back room as if we were causing some kind of commotion, which was not the case at all. We were simply explaining that only two of us would be eating breakfast. So, we went ahead and paid the fee and asked what the time was for the breakfast only to find out in the morning that we were told the WRONG TIME, SO NONE OF US GOT BREAKFAST and were denied any kind of refund in the morning when we pointed this out to the front desk - TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!

We wanted food in the evening to snack on and were told that we would have to go over to the gas station next door because none of the vending machines were working in the hotel. The first room that we were assigned to had a soiled blanket on the bed with what appeared to be a cigarette burn on it. We were met with attitude and cold treatment. The entire decor in the hotel is that of cowboys and home on the range! We honestly should have asked to see the rooms first and then went elsewhere. The wallpaper behind the desk is a dark book shelf type design like that of a smoke room. UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING EYE SORE!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
MehulDFW, Owner at Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Travel0vr,

We appreciate your speedy attention by directing your post to the appropriate property. Regards.

Mehul

On February 7, 2013 6:34 PM Travel0vr wrote:

I will notify Trip Advisor that the location I am referring to is located at 4110 W. Airport Freeway in Irving along with your response. Please let me know when you see a correction...

On February 7, 2013 6:15 PM MehulDFW wrote:

Dear Travel0vr,

It appears that you may have posted this review on the wrong property page.

We are the Best Western PLUS DFW Airport Suites, located on the north side of DFW Airport at 5050 W. John Carpenter Fwy. (Hwy 114). There is also a Best Western property located on the south side of the Airport on Airport Fwy. (Hwy 183); this is the one you are describing as where you stayed.

Can you please look into this error & correct appropriately on Trip Advisor? Thank you in advance & regards.

Mehul Patel
Director of Sales

Reviewed January 10, 2013

As opposed to Days Inn that took an hour for shuttle pick up, Best Western took 10 minutes on my return leg. I arrived past 10:00 PM and was dead tired after 24 hours on two dofferent planes and three different airports coming from Zurich. The night clerk made me at ease by taking all my flight info for next day, and next day shuttle was on time at 5:00 AM taking me right to the gate! Ronnie the night clerk answered my phone call at 2;00 AM on Wi-fi password with friendliness. I discovered in the morning that the passwd was already written down on a stub with my magnetic key. I thanked Ronnie in the morning for his good attitude. Room was spacious and clean, the heater made some noise wanting to turn on, a little disturbing, however, the nice bath tub and good pressured hot water refreshed me greatly after a long and actIve trip in a southern Europe. Mattress was firm and excellent, four pillows on a king size bed was comforting. Did not try the breakfast. Paying $70 (booked via travelocity) recommend it highly to one night standing passengers On their final destination leg in terms of excellent service and good value!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank MIKE R
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our first stay in this hotel and we enjoyed it!! Very clean, the location is just perfect and convinient. It was a plus that the front desk girl speaks spanish, since pretty much everyone in my group were coming from Mexico to watch the game. She was very helpful givings recomendations and directions. Breakfast was very good and complete. They have a van service to the dfw airport wich is great for us that were flying. Thank you to the staff, we will definitely come back!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mathaddict
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was a single night stay for a job interview in the DFW area. I arrived at the airport in the early afternoon. The van service was quick and the driver was very friendly. He provided informatoin about food and activities near the hotel and assisted me in getting to my location the next morning.
Checkin was fast. I paid for the room in advance using the Best Western website. The clerk asked to see a credit card and I handed him a different card. He made certain to let me know that I used a different card to pay for the room and asked if I needed to change my payment method. I like the fact that he was detailed enough to look at the card and make this opportunity available. Many hotels would have looked at the name and handed the card back without a second thought.
I was upgraded to a suite at no additional cost. This hotel is an exterior corridor style hotel but does not appear to have any serious safety concerns. I was placed in a room overlooking the pool/hot tub and courtyard. As I entered my room I was standing in the living area, which included a sleeper sofa, chair, table and TV. Directly behind that was a small kitchenette, leading to the bathroom. To the left of the door was the bedroom.
The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfy and included several pillows. Plenty of food within walking distance. Clean, comfy and food are the only requirements to keep me happy.
The evening front desk employee was very friendly and assisted with the few tasks that I needed to complete, namely making 4 copies. I went to bed early and slept well. I did hear noise of guests passing by my room once or twice but wasn't disturbed through the night.
My wake up call was on time, van was on time and I got to my interview on time. I did have free breakfast at the hotel. I'm not much on breakfast food, so I had yogurt and a bagle. It did the trick! Breakfast room was clean and stocked appropriately.

Overall- I liked it. I'd stay there again. Perfect balance of price, service, cleanliness and comfort.

Room Tip: I had an odd numbered room and was overlooking the courtyard. None of the rooms face the highway th...