β€œGreat Place, Great Service!!”

Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great Place, Great Service!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The location of this property cannot be any better!! Close to major highways, walking distance to restaurants, Walmart, and other shops. The rooms have everything you can need as a microwave, mini fridge, sitting area, large space. They need to be a little updated but that's not a big deal. The staff service was great!! A big thanks to the front desk clerk Michelle, who was extremely helpful and professional. And also to the shuttle Driver Christina. Overall a very nice experience!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are outside access, two floors, NO elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cheyenne
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in the DFW area for Family business. We were experiencing a very stressful situation and did not know from minute to minute what our next step would be. We made a reservation at this hotel through the Best Western website mid day on September 26,2012. Arrived at the hotel late in the evening, dead on our feet. The young man at the desk explained that he was just covering the phones while "she" was out on the property. He didn't see our confirmation number in the computer but explained his lack of experience and assured us that it wouldn't be a problem because they only had 5 or 6 reservations that evening and there was plenty of room. ""She" came in the back door, checked the computer and then proceeded to tell us that she couldn't find our reservation. No other explaination, offer to accomodate us with another room......NOTHING! Well, I began to "boil" and asked my husband, standing next to me if he didn't find it unusual that "She" wouldn't offer us a room. Then she proceeded to tell us that she wouldn't give us another room because it would double charge us......Huh?!?!?! I asked her point blank if she was refusing to give us a room and she said yes she was! "She" REFUSED TO GIVE US A ROOM!!! So.......we got in our car, drove across the freeway and stayed at a competitor's establishment......where.......we paid for another room anyway! Best Western Customer Service graciously refunded our payment for the room.........BUT.........the e-mail of apology that I received from the Hotel was sorely lacking in any remorse and not signed by anyone! I would NEVER be able to recommend this Best Western to anyone visiting the DFW airport area! Having been a Gold Crown Member for over 20 years, I was very, very disappointed in this hotel.

Room Tip: Start somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joseph B
Nampa, ID
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a trip where we had to spend the night and stay close to DFW to catch a flight in the morning. Their airport shuttle picked us up at DFW and dropped us off the next morning, the room was very nice, roomy, clean, and quiet. Bathroom & tiled shower was nice and bed was comfortable. It truly exceeded my expectations and the price was very reasonable. They even had a fairly nice little breakfast buffet so we had everything we needed and more. I have definitely paid more for hotels that were not as nice as this one. I would recommend it to anyone and happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Euless, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel was older. Service was good, breakfast was above average, ice machines worked, the entire place seemed to be clean and the rooms were comfortable. The TV channels were the absolute PITS but there's more to life than TV, right?
The room was spacious and clean but they were a little chincy on the coffee I thought. The pots and packages are getting smaller every year in most hotels.
Our room had a microwaave and fridge and the internet was eaily accessible and seemed to work well.
There is a 7-11 and a Decent Chinese restaurant in the parking lot as well. Walmart close by as well.
I would've given it 3.5 stars but because it was so clean and the service was good I chose 4 over 3.
I would definitely DO IT AGAIN here at this Best Western.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stay 2 nights ---- light between the bed did not work. Maintence did not work the weekend hotel full Only offered to change room when some one check out. Should have had maintence available to fix a simple prob

Room Tip: Check room before paying
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here last Saturday night. All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had two rooms, one King Suite and the other a Double Suite. Both rooms were very clean and well maintained. The outdoor pool was also very well maintained although the spa was not working on this weekend. Beds were very comfortable. For those who are looking for something close to the airport, this would be a prime choice. There is private long-term parking next door and shuttle service to the airport provided by the hotel. A large elevator is available to make access to the second floor a breeze. Complimentary breakfast is average but offers a variety of items. Overall, this is a very good Best Western and seems to be well managed. Only negative was that the parking lot was under repairs and we had to maneuver around all of the cones. This, of course, will only be a temporary situation. For the price, I highly recommend and consider this a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gharrell
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This Best Western offered a level of service and amenities that one would expect at this price point. It is certainly adequate as a place about 5 minutes from DFW to get a few hours sleep when you have a long connection between flights. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was actually quite good. A very big annoyance, however, was that I called to confirm that I could get shuttle service late at night. The agent told me that they provided a free shuttle from 5AM to Midnight; and told me to call when I was outside the building. I called from the curb at 11:50PM [by both my watch and cell phone]; and the desk clerk told me that the driver had already gone home. When I shared my earlier conversation, the clerk first tried to tell me that my watch was wrong and that it was already after midnight...then changed his story to say that they actually stop providing service at 11:45PM...not midnight. I asked to be reimbursed the $25 cab fare [the minimum fare from DFW], but he refused. Obviously, management has an obligation to provide the service they advertised; and make amends when they don't.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family