“Excellent value and great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Excellent value and great staff”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just a great value and the staff was exceptional. They were more than accomodating in taking us to the airport and back. This was our first time to Dallas and they offered great suggestions on what to do and how to get there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I want to preface this review by saying I am a business traveler. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years and never in my life have I experienced the level of compassion and professionalism as I did this past week. Let’s get through the basics first. The rooms are lovely and have all of the modern amenities a business traveler needs, VERY comfy beds, Wi-Fi, desk and TV in both the room and the living room, lots of outlets and a nice bathroom. They served a hot breakfast each am, had an exercise room and a little market. I was stranded in Dallas during the ice storm and was lucky enough to get a room at the Fairfield at 2:00 am when most other hotels were not even taking calls. Their shuttle driver Mike is seriously a guardian angel. He risked his life to drive on a sheet of ice to come and pick us up at 1:30am at the airport and bring us to the comfort of the Fairfield. Jennifer greeted us with a smile and supplied us with toothbrushes and toothpaste since we all had no bags. Mike took me back the next day (again in ice) only to find out my flight was cancelled not only did he bring me back to the hotel in seriously terrible road conditions, took me to Walmart since I had no luggage and allowed me to purchase a change of clothing and toiletries. He had been driving folks around since 7pm the night before and was supposed to be off but made this extra effort for my comfort. Jessica and Jennifer did everything they could to make my stay very comfortable and make a homesick traveler feel everything would be ok. Markita was also wonderful and when there were no cabs running at all in the city, found one to take me back to the airport a day later when I finally got a flight out. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond, working extra hours to make sure we were all ok in a terrible situation. I will always stay at this hotel in Dallas, not only because it was perfect for business, but because the staff treated me like their family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
La Habra, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was so surprised to see the number of bad reviews for this hotel. I think the issue is because there is a Fairfield North Irving location.

This location is one of the best Fairfield remodels that I have seen.
Everything was very nice and new from the lobby to the rooms.

Location was key for me. Dallas hotels can be pricey - this will be my new go to for trips the Dallas near the airport.

Restaurant and fast food is walking distance. The restaurant will even deliver to your room.

Dont let the other reviews fool you - this is best in class Fairfield Inn. And I stay at a lot of Marriots.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I am a seasoned traveler.. First night I found a pair of spandex shorts INSIDE the sheets on my bed. I went down to the front desk and told them and they had the nerve to say are you sure those aren't yours...no apology or anything... I asked for some clean sheets and she acted like i inconvenienced her. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and I opened it only to find they put my clean sheets on the floor and left... I cannot make this up... Seriously.

I was there for an extended stay and hated every night. Like I saw on other posts my room was 75 degrees in my room at all times. I called and asked if there was anything they could do. They said no. So I delt with that for a long time I stayed on the third floor and couldn't get a good night sleep because I could hear the treadmill.. Which was on the first floor

. The biggest problem is they checked me out of my room before my date... I walked into my room and there was nothing in there. I went to the front desk and asked where my stuff is. They said there was nothing in the room... I had a blue ray player clothes and school materials along with food and some drinks... I even talked to the general manager and she assured me that there was nothing I the room... Appalled I waited two hours to find that they had all my stuff except the food drinks and my school material along with pictures I had. I am a platinum elite with Marriott and also worked at a Marriott.. I was horrified by the awful service and unclean and hot rooms..

Please stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank lem702
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Tryed to check in with a paid receipt from Priceline and hotel will not except? Marriott issue or priceline none the less way too late to be sitting I lobby because manager is off site and front desk clerk is unable to figure out. However, my credit card has already billed my visa --- poor unskilled and untrained staff! Or is it priceline?

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly K
Coral Springs FL
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I went to Dallas for a family event for 2 nights. The other places I wanted to stay were double the price. The only reason I gave this a 4 is for the area of town. The front desk staff was very helpful and FRIENDLY. The room was spotless, comfy bed and cool air conditioner. Included a fridge and microwave, free breakfast was cereal and waffles and LOTS of other choices. Free parking, free airport shuttle, Walmart and other amenities 2 blocks. 2 minutes from DFW by car. Convenient to Grapevine and downtown Dallas.

I will stay there again when I go to Dallas, for sure!

Room Tip: All of the rooms our family had (3) were clean and neat and looked brand new.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Irving hotels
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites DFW Airport South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!