“Bad experience for frequent traveler”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Stephenville, Texas
“Bad experience for frequent traveler”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Room was OK but the hotel is not easily accesible on one way access. After arrival, things went downhill. I went for dip in pool only to find water very green and murky. I met another guest leaving pool area who advised me to avoid. No worry, I was not about to enter that water. Later, we were told pump was out ,but too late. In the late afternoon and evening, the noise level in halls and common areas was so loud that we could not rest and staff made no apparent effort to quiet the rowdy guests. I cannot recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingPapaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Room was nice and updated very clean and hotel was very nice for how cheap we got the room! The breakfast was so so but hey its free! It was only about 7 miles to Rangers Stadium which is what we were there for so it was perfect! Used the pool briefly but it definitely cooled us off! One more thing.. each bed had 5 pillows on it which I loved!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great hotel. Stayed for three nights. Staff was very friendly. One of the nicest hotels in the area. I travel to DFW alot and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Great value for money
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great choice for close proximity to DFW airport. Really friendly, well-trained staff. Rooms newly renovated. Very comfortable. Food options next door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sunseeker41
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I think this was an old hotel that became the Fairfield Inn brand only 3 months ago. As this hotel came up under the Marriott website search, I booked an overnight stay at this place due to "newly remodeled" rooms and facilities.

Even though the hotel was newly remodeled, something was just off. One can see the workmanship was pretty rough on the edges and corners in the room. And for just remodeled for such short period, the room already showing wear and tear; and it was not very clean either as we saw quite a few strands of hair in the tub. The room needs better sound proofing as well since you can hear people talking from the hallway and next doors as though they were in the room with you. I am quite a sociable fellow but that was too extreme. Scary thoughts! Worst for me, I got an allergy attack on my sinus as I had itchy nose, congestion and sneezing all night long. I had no problem prior to entering the hotel, and my sinus problem was gone after leaving next morning. So I can only logically conclude that something in the air in the hotel triggered it.

This is a newly remodeled hotel, but the "quality" of the remodeling was not done well. The hotel is a 4 floor facility but the reception staff told me I had the highest floor room at floor#3. Kind of wonder why? Maybe the staff thought I could not count well. who knows.

Overall, there are other much better Marriott facilities all around greater DFW area. I would recommend to try other facilities if you are a Marriott junkie(like me), I mean loyalist!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank toga1k
northeast Kansas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl and stayed here for 3 nights. Everything is newly remodeled from what used to be a Drury Inn I believe. It has been tastefully redone, not just covered over cheaply. It really seemed like a brand new hotel. The only issue we had was with the closet. The part that the hangers hang on seems to be too close to the doors so the doors don't close right- and the closet is small. The hotel was centrally located to many things, but be aware that Irving is "dry" which means you can't buy hard liquor anywhere (except for in restaurants). We had to go to Dallas for that, and the liquor stores are only open until 9:00 p.m. You can buy wine and beer in Irving though. There is a pool that looked nice and a smallish work out room with 4 or 5 pieces of equipment. There are safety deposit boxes at the front desk, but no safes in the rooms. The front desk people were friendly and professional. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. The value was great!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mkprice
Travelers also viewed these Irving hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving

Property: Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Address: 4210 W Airport Fwy, Irving, TX 75062-5915
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.