“Strip center surprise!”

La Margarita Mod Mex
Ranked #7 of 576 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: Our restaurant resonates with traditional Tex-Mex food lovers as well as those interested in a foodie’s interpretation of Modern Mexican.
Dallas, Texas
“Strip center surprise!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Based on location and outward appearance one might pass this by but it is worth a visit. Good tex-mex with nice decor, friendly staff and good service. Have met friends several times here and will continue to return. Convenient to Irving/Coppell/Grand Prairie, and good choice for lunch. Much better than the chain restaurants!

• Visited April 2013

Irving, Texas, United States
“Excellent meal with my wife”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Have been meaning to try this restaurant out for some time, went there with my wife in December - each of us had a truly enjoyable meal. Menu was a bit more eclectic than many local TexMex places, which I appreciate. Service was attentive. Recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“To be honest....Just okay”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to like it, great looking room, nice people I wait staff, but was underwhelmed after reading reviews. I guess if your dying for Mexican food and your nearby...it's worth the stop. But we found the chicken and beef in our fajitas dry. Interesting salsa is served warm, but a little too much green pepper spoils it. I don't know, glad we went there for lunch but won't be back.

electronchick
“Excellent tex-mex!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We are in town for a few days and wanted tex-mex before we left, so we went here. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and the food was absolutley the best, enough to make us want to come back again tomorrow! I ordered the Pollo Xolitlo (spelling?), my husband ordered the Traditional street tacos, one daughter ordered salmon salad, and my other two children ordered nachos locos. It was all very, very good. I think the chicken was the best as my two daughters kept staring at me with puppy-dog eyes for more of it! While the services seemed just a tiny bit on the slow side, when you got your food, you really didn't care how long it took, as it is beautifully presented and tastes even better!

• Visited July 2012
Chicago
“Top notch Mexican at just above bargain prices”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was in Grand Prairie on a bisiness trip with an associate, and we were looking for something Mexican that was good, and beyonf the things that they serve in 10000 other places. I asked at the front desk, and seh suggested this place, which I checked out on tripadvisor. When we got there, it was with trepidation, since it a mall storefront, and from the outside looks pretty non-descript. When we walked in the door, my doubt started getting erased, because it is a very nicely decorated modern looking restaurant without the cheesey stereotypical look.

More doubt vanished when I saw the menu, which had a large number of choices, many unique. We greatly enjoyed our meal, and with drinks the tab was $30. Not bad at all! So I would highly recommend the restaurant, for decor, for the selections, and for service.

• Visited July 2012