“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Booked one night to avoid driving 150 miles RT for training. Pulled up and was worried it was a "dump." The inside does NOT match the outside. Very clean and up to date. Mike at the front desk was very friendly at check-in. Would recommend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Kap2_1990, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor.
Its exciting to hear your enjoyed your stay. We are always trying to make our hotel better for our guests with the best amenities and up to date technology. I will pass on your kind words to Mike, thank you for your patronage and we hope to host you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was thrilled with my stay at Super 8. When I made the booking, I was looking for an inexpensive hotel for a quick overnight connection - my two requirements were a shuttle service and a laundry on-site. Super 8 met those requirements, and so I booked the room.

When I arrived, the room was much better than expected. The bed was very comfortable, with new bedding, the television was huge, the work desk had plenty of room, and plugs were plentiful. The internet worked flawlessly for me.

The shuttle service was about as expected. There are many hotels concentrated in the area, and a third-party shuttle service is shared among these hotels. I was picked up at the airport about 15 minutes after I called, and the shuttle made several other airport stops to pick up other passengers. In the morning, I had made a reservation for a 6:50 shuttle - when the bus filled, another bus was at the hotel in less than five minutes.

The laundry was fine - one washer and one dryer, and the cost was only $1 each. The dryer cycle was long enough to dry my clothes with one dollar.

Breakfast was more than I expected - scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffle machine.

Overall, the experience was much more than I had expected from a Super 8. The quality of bedding, the towels, and the overall room quality is higher than I normally find at Super 8. I will certainly consider this hotel for a longer stay next time I am in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Bobby_I, thank you for leaving us a great review on TripAdvisor. We love to hear about our guests stay, I am very excited to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your patronage and please visit again very soon!
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm finding it hard not to rate this hotel with anything but a five star rating. Why? Because I don't expect too much from airport accommodation. One arrives tired between flights so a place to sleep is usually all that is looked for. What a surprise though. The fantastic warm welcome at reception helped relax us after our flight but the main surprise was the quality large bed in our room. So comfortable and the size that would be expected in far better and more prestigious hotels. Cleanliness was evident and I would stay here again. A very professional establishment in a superb airport location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Jean H, thank you very much for taking time out of your important day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We take our guests comfort very seriously! I will pass on your kind words to our whole team. Thank you again for the five stars and please allow us to host you again very soon!
Bourbonnais
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Rooms are very noisy since you are close to the airport and the walls are not well insulated. The channel guide for the TV was not at all correct and they supposedly had 3 new premium channels but not on our tv!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Eric H, thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry your stay was not to your liking during your recent visit. We are always trying to make our property better and will take your critique in stride. Thank you for your stay and please allow us a chance to host you again.
Puyallup
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here. The outside of the hotel isn't very fancy, either is the check in area. However, the rooms are very nice, the TV was bigger then the other 3 hotels I stayed at, including the Marriott in downtown Dallas. I slept great, and the room was big. The staff was very nice. It would be nice if the breakfast went later. It was from 6am-9am, and after checking in late, I wasn't going to get up early for breakfast. I would definately recommend this hotel. The price was great as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Good Day Debbie R, thank you very much for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. We are always looking to provide our guests with a great experience. Thank you for enjoying a great nights sleep at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to call us directly for any questions or concerns and we hope to see you very soon!