“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mazatlan, Mexico
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

After not staying in any Super 8 for many years, I was just expecting a room and a bed. I was glad to discover that this was unlike any Super 8 I had ever encountered. The room was nicely done, clean and quiet. The full buffet breakfast was excellent and the motel was just a short shuttle ride to DFW.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danny K
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Danny K, thank you for leaving a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. As a consumer you have so many choices, I am excited you chose Super 8 DFW NORTH. We try to keep our hotel as fresh and up to date as possible. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a professional pilot in town for training (CAE Simuflitr) every year and I stay here. I see many many hotels in my business, and this is the best value and honestly the best bed I get all year. They are constantly improving this property and although I book via travelocity, check-in is flawless. The rooms are very nice and for the price this can't be beat. Normally we say in the aviation business to never stay in a hotel with a number in the name. This property is absolutely and exception to that rule. And as a bonus, the third floor rooms have really high ceilings. I can book anywhere I like, yet for the 4th year I come here. That says something,

Room Tip: Third floor, do it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Good day N20junkie, thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I have shared your review with our whole team. I am very excited to hear that we are the exception to your rule, we take pride in keeping our hotel in the best shape possible. Thank you for your loyalty and we await your next visit!
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

this hotel is a disater waiting to happen,please read this review and just drive by this rat trap. i checked in late and my room as you can see in the picture it was covered with sheetrock tape plastice covering everything,the carpet was soaking wet due to a leak in the roof the bed was wet. the smoke detectors didnt work,the irving fire department was called. the manager was a jerk he wouldnt refund my money or change rooms. I am pleading with you this is a disater waiting to happen. dont put yourself in a nightmare.

Room Tip: just drive by the diaster the rooms are a disaster
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tommy455
Good Day Tommy455, thank you for leaving a review for us on TripAdvisor. I would like to start by apologizing for your stay, I am very sorry. After speaking with our staff/manager I have been informed that you were given a refund after the complaint was filed in the morning, and the room situation was spoken about before check in. Although this is no excuse for a guest to have a less than perfect stay at our hotel, kindly accept our apology as this is not our normal business practice. Please forgive us and have we hope you had a safe trip to your destination.