“Perfect for overnight in DFW”

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had an overnight layover in Dallas on our way to Mexico and stayed here. Great place. Clean rooms, nice TV, decent breakfast, and a great price! Best part of all: Free airport shuttle. That is very hard to find at DFW.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon S
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Brandon S, thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Thank you for your patronage and have a great year!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had an excellent stay with comfortable beds and clean facilities. Mr Daniel at the reception had given us an excellent service by recommending a 3 day 2 nite stay with good rates and have assisted us by accomodating oue request for late check out and early check in...subject to room availability of course. He also assisted us with the shuttle service to the airport for our enroute rendezvous to Dallas downtown vie the train......

Room Tip: Request for room on the ground if u hv many luggages.........and nearer to the breakfast corner and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Hello Ramlan M, thank for you leaving us a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our front desk agent and an awesome stay at our hotel. Thank you again and have a great year!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a muslim traveller. The hotel staff, Daniel is super kind enough for allowing me and my friend to stay in the room after check-out time to perform our prayer. Daniel attitude of understanding our need is really appreciated. I am really happy to stay again in my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mohd Fairuz E

Good Day Mohd Fairuz E, thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you had an excellent experience at our hotel and Daniel was able to help you. I will definitely pass this on to him and the whole team. Thank you for your patronage and have a safe year!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I agree with other recent reviews that the construction around this area and the lack of restaurants surrounding this place (Whattaburger anyone?) can be a bit of a constraint. However the construction is temporary and this place is excellent value, its very clean, new updated rooms, and comfortable beds, big new TVs, all for like 40-50$ per night. I came to Dallas for business so I was not looking for a romantic getaway or an entertaining place to stay. If there wasn't construction I may have gotten out an explored the area more, but I really couldn't be bothered to get in and out of a traffic jam every time. My only complaint about the hotel was the lack of hot water in the shower. The water got warm, but I like HOT showers. It probably wouldn't have been so noticeable but Dallas was having a cold snap, like 44 degrees, so I wanted to warm up!

Overall, a great value, the room was big, new, and clean and the bed was nice the room was quiet and the location was so-so. I really couldn't complain for my husband and I to stay for 4 days it was like 200 dollars...so really it exceeded my expectations for that price range.

Room Tip: I think we had room 306, high vaulted ceiling, a couch/studio type setup.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Howdy HoosierKiwi, thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the construction going on seemingly everywhere in the DFW area, I understand the frustration as I live in the area. The hot water issue is not normal, nonetheless I have had the water heaters checked. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you allow us to host you again very soon. Thank you for your patronage and be safe!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

FIRST: this hotel is awkward to get to, with all the road construction going on. Watch for entrance carefully off of access road--if you miss it, it will take you at least 10 minutes to get back to it, getting on and off freeway in the process.

Employees were very professional and courteous (even though somehow, my reservation through Hotels.com had been misfiled for an arrival the NEXT month). Breakfast was adequate. Rooms are generally nice, but my 3rd-floor room had an old-style unit a/c and heating systems next to the windows that didn't ever quite cool the room effectively during this very mild May--wonder how that will work in July and August here in Texas? Toilet seat was loose, and almost overflowed. As they user the curved shower curtain rods, the shower was warm and felt larger than its actual size. Small coffee pot worked, but the complimentary coffee provided was less than tasty. There was a safe deposit box charge on my bill since there was one in my room, but the front desk removed that at my request. Bed was comfortable and I slept well, but I'd suggest bringing your own pillow for comfort.

Biggest money-saving hint: book directly on their website, rather than through Hotels.com, who adds an undisclosed service fee to the total that you can avoid. The one-night special rate was better than the AAA discount (unusual), so make sure you look at both.

Room Tip: Currently, you can only enter this hotel through the front door--seems to be a problem with card acc...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AustenBibi
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello AustinBibi, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. The construction in the DFW is ongoing and I am sorry that you and all guests have to deal with that. As for the AC unit and seat I have had maintenance check all rooms, as your experience is not what we want for our guests. We strive to make our hotel a better stay for guests everyday so thank you for your critique. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns and we hope you choose Super 8 DFW north next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Room was updated and very unexpected for the price. At the front desk we were not expecting much out of the room but when we got the the room it was really nice and clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good lots of options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hello Debra B, thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us some kind words on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again. We are always trying to keep our hotel up to date and it is gratifying to hear its working. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The employees were very helpful and accommodating. Close to the airport without the airport cost. The room was clean, comfortable king bed, internet in room, and flat screen tv. Within the last couple months I have stood at the Hilton,Sheraton and Super 8 BEAT THEM BOTH. Expensive does not stand for better. Free breakfast and wifi alone makes a difference compare to competition that both had to be paid for... Hands down Great Job.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Misael T, thank you for your fantastic comments about us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear your were happy with your stay and we hope to host you again very soon. Thank you for your patronage and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.