“Nice BUT WHAT A THIEF !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Abilene, Texas
“Nice BUT WHAT A THIEF !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have never stayed in a Super 8. I have always been afraid it would be a roach motel. I took the reviews to heart and was very surprised at how nice the hotel was. I even filled out the card to compliment them on their facilities. What I didn't know at the time was that the manager is a THIEF. My son, a Marine, was on leave. I made the reservation for New Years Eve so that we would be close to the airport for an early a.m. flight. I was charged via the internet for the room. $68 dollars. At the time of check in, my card was taken, which I understood in case of incidentals. There were no incidentals and upon arriving home, the manager had charged me unther $40.09. The internet company contacted him and he said he would have to talk to me and get my card number for the reimbursement. I called every day for a week and he begin by trying to convince me it was a parking charge. I advised him that my vehicle was only there from 8:30 that night to 6:30 that morning, the time we were sleeping. He then said EVERY time I called that he would check into it and call me back. HE NEVER called me back. I have since called the corporate office and left the matter with them. I hope I get my $40.00. This was my first and last time for this joint. Shame on you DJ, I work hard for my money.

Room Tip: Unless you want to spend a premium for Super 8. Beware of DJ, the THIEF
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello Sindy M, thank you for you for choosing Super 8 DFW during your recent visit. I would like to apologize for this misunderstanding. Your credit card will show the total amount charged transferred back to you on Jan. 10, 2013. During check out the manager mistakingly charged you as a walk-in guest because of wrong information entered by another front desk agent. I have spoke to both the manager and front desk agent to make sure something like this does not happen again. Please accept our apology and have a great year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days while on a business trip and was very pleased with the room. It was nice and large and the furnishings were pretty "upscale" for such a reasonably priced property. I always give a hotel an extra star if I say "wow" when I open the door, and that's exactly what I did on this one! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with nice sized towels. It was quiet too even though it's very near DFW airport. I was actually working in Southlake on this trip and drove right by the Super 8 in Southlake because they would not offer a discount equal to what I paid at this location. It was only a few miles down the road, so if you need to stay around Southlake and want to save money, I recommend looking into this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammi F
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Good day Tammi F, thank you for leaving us a wonderful review. I am glad you chose Super 8 DFW north for your recent visit. Your reaction of "WOW" is exactly what we hoped for! Thank you for patronage and I hope you allow us to be your host the next time you are in town. Thank you again!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I neded a one night accommodation, near DFW, with a shuttle, and inexpensive. This was the one. I did call to make a reservation, and the night employee said they were full. I went on line, got an excellent price, and made the reservation. The breakfast was excellent, the guest room was very comfortable. I definitely would stay here again! The shuttle to the airport was prompt and relialable.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, very pleased.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jill D
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Jill D, thank you for taking time out your important day and leaving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and breakfast. Thank you for your patronage and we wish to see you again very soon!
Vine Grove, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Should have known Super 8, it's what you pay for....booked on-line for $67 since stay would only be for about 7 hours. Overnight hotel, near airport, waiting for connecting am flight. Upon arrival at airport, called number listed on our reservations (several times). It took an hour and 15 minutes for shuttle to pick us up, kept saying "it's on it's way". Beds were nice, but thin walls. Heard people upstairs, walking around, till about 3am. Restuarant delivery available(mostly pizza) but there was not anything within walking distant to get anything to eat at 10pm. Many, many hotels to chose from in same area. post note: Shuttle was available in am, but runs to between several hotels. Had one other stop to make before heading to airport. Glad we left earlier than planned to account for the "what if's". Not like I like to travel.

Room Tip: Book third floor(top), because of the noise from floor above. Think I would go ahead and pay a litt...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Molly10_10, thank you for taking time out of your day and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry for the wait time on the shuttle service, it is a third party company that provides service to most of the hotels in the area. I see that you gave us 4 stars on sleep quality so I am glad you had a nice rest. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was a great place to stay at a great price. I will stay here again for sure. The bed was very comfortable and my room was quiet. The breakfast was nice and the shuttle service was on time for the airport. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello Melodyjoy66, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some feed back. I am very happy you enjoyed out accommodations and we wish to host you again soon. Thanks for choosing Super 8 DFW North!
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went for a mini vacation. I choose this hotel based on other reviews. I was very impressed with the service at the hotel, shuttle from Airport and back. I have to agree with many others the bed was magnificent it was so comfortable that I didn't want to come home and sleep on my bed. Can beat the price in was well worth each penny that I spent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Martha M! Thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor, and yes, Go Cowboys! I love that you enjoyed our beds and accommodations. We strive to have the best bedding so that our guests can have the best possible rest. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly when you are in town again.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Super 8 in DFW North and had a great time. I cannot complain about anything. The service was great, the room was clean and I felt like I was at a top of the line hotel. My room came equip with a microwave, refrigerator,and flat screen television. Even though I was on a tour, during my nights and early mornings at the hotel, I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and pleasant attitude of the employees.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor. No noise and great view .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Brigitte J, thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel. We strive to keep the rooms clean and as up to date as possible. We recently upgraded to top of the line internet service and hardware. Please do not hesitate to call us directly on your next visit. We are excited for the chance to host you again!