“Physical Premises Surpassed Expectations”

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the nicest Super 8 i've ever stayed in. It looks like it the guestrooms were recently remodeled and are way more comfortable and upscale than im used ot for the Super 8 brand. There are large hdtvs in every room and very comfortable new mattresses. The only problem is the shuttle to/from the airport runs pretty infrequently and can involve long wait times. Big plus is that they have Texas-shaped waffles on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Hello Flyersfan252, thank for taking the time to post a great review for us! I would first like to begin by apologizing for the shuttle company, as this is a third party company that handles all shuttle services for the hotels in the area sometimes they get backed up. Nonetheless, I will be calling them about this issue. I am glad you liked our accommodations we tried to make everything better than normal and its great to hear someone noticed. Thank you again and we would love to be your host once again!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked two nights so we would be close to the DFW Airport. The Super 8 was much better that I would have expected. It appears as if a total interior renovation has made this hotel better than new! My compliments to the choice of decor. It is more like a high end hotel! We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We had a non smoking room on the 3rd floor. They have vaulted ceilings for a very spacious feeling.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Good day Pcrowe, thank you for leaving feedback on TripAdvisor. We have indeed gone through a complete renovation. During the renovations we wanted to have a "boutique hotel" feel. Your comments are appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Booked hotel for 1 night it was much better than expected (sorry) for the price we paid, on arrival the reception was helpful and the room was a pleasent surprise very clean ,huge comfortable bed big flat screen TV and breakfast very good and the services of a shuttle bus back and forth to the airport was good. If any complaints it would have to be the lack of eating places after a long flight i was looking forward to a good meal the nearest place was a Wendy's a good half mile walk but i believe the Sheraton also offers non residence meals.

Room Tip: eat at the airport if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Scootaboot67, thank you for taking time out of your busy day and leaving comments on TripAdvisor. As a consumer you have choices and I am happy you chose to stay with us. We take pride in cleanliness, and our beds are top of line. We have menus for delivery places at the front desk, I do apologize that you did not find them to your liking. I hope you choose us again for your next trip. Thank you!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed one night transiting DFW airport. We found the hotel comfortable and clean. It is well located near the airport. Room was large and well appointed with a flat screen tv, shower and bath. Ice machines convenient. Staff were friendly and helpful. Small business centre perfect for some printing. Breakfast was good (not excellent, but passable). Boiled eggs, waffles, cereals and toast etc. Late night delivery from local restaurants to the room was possible - the brochures are at the entrance. We had some nice chinese food at 9.30pm at night. Room was quiet and dark, bed comfortable - we enjoyed our brief stay here and would definitely stay again if transiting DFW.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Good day Sebachu_Sebachu, thank you for taking time our of your busy day and leaving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, they have been remodeled and we made sure no corners were cut. Furthermore, the business center is set up so that guests have no issues printing on both Apple or Windows computers. Thank you for you patronage and we wish to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This property is outstanding , especially for a super 8. Everything is clean, bright and.comfortable. We had a king suite w/loveseat and x-large flat screen tv on a credenza that hid a fridge and microwave. The room was large, bathroom mirror was well lit. Breakfast was great w/ xtras like eggs and yogurt, besides the normal waffles ,and cold selections. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfortable, but very high. I am short so a stepstool would have come in handy..Rates were extremely reasonable ($232.00 for 5 nights including all taxes,booked thru Wyndham website in advance)for what was provided. We stay at hotels approx. 45-50 nights per year (mostly at super 8s, and most are very nice)but this was by far the nicest one , on a scale w/ much more expensive properties.. We will definitely stay here again when we return next year..

Room Tip: Rooms are all very quiet, but 3rd floor has a nice view .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Helene M

Hello Helene m, thank you for leaving wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our king room and your comment about a step stool has been taken into consideration. I will pass your compliments to our team. Thank you for your patronage and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for questions or concerns. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were suprised at the rooms and the great staff. Everything was great, rooms smelled great and rooms are extrmely wll decorated. The morning breakfast was a positively more than what normaly would have expected. This is a much better place then any hotels in this area.

Room Tip: We loved the suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Hello David C, thank you for taking time out and leaving us feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly looking to get better. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for a visit to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area while following the Boston Red Sox, who were playing in Texas the week we were in town.Hotel is located among an area with at least 20 other different hotel chains- to access it via Dallas, you need to pass it on the highway, get off at the next exit, and wrap back around on the one-way road the hotel front is on (however, you can circumvent this by getting off at the first exit, going over the freeway, then making a right onto the second road, this will take you to the back of the property).

For a Super 8, the room was above standard. Big, comfortable bed and flat screen TV were big wins. The Internet was free and worked well. The "business center" of two computers and a free printer worked perfectly and speedily, two things that I can rarely say for business center computers. Breakfast is traditional continental fare and served in a crowded area, but the staff had no qualms about taking it back to the room. The win at the breakfast was that it included yogurt and oatmeal- as a health conscious person, I usually have to forego these breakfasts, but this was great.

All staff we encountered were friendly and we were allowed to check in early in the day without a problem. Rooms also had a microwave and refrigerator, although the refrigerator had someone else's iced teas and diet cola in it when we arrived. Hotel is right by DFW- I could literally see the runway from the hotel, but there was never any noise disturbance in the room.

I'm a runner and I found running outside here to be a bit unpleasant, but doable. I went east on the main road, made a right on the road it ran into, then had to circle around before coming back down a parallel road. It was about a 3-mile run, which was all I could do in the weather, which was very humid. A longer run like I usually do would have been impossible with all the speeding car traffic in the area, unless I did laps.

The worst thing about this hotel is its location. All of the freeways on this side of the airport are undergoing construction (and have been for years, even the first time I went to Dallas years ago). This leads to confusion with drivers due to all of the temporary lane markings and shifting lanes, but, worse leads to unexpected and long backups. On a Tuesday night, returning from Arlington, we got stuck in a 45-minute traffic jam at 11:30 at night.

Other than that though, this is a fine Super 8. I wouldn't call this a 3-star, but it definitely is serviceable and exceeds expectations for a Super 8 or similar hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Hello Mark010585, thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us some feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and happy to hear your acknowledgment of our top of the line mattresses. I apologize for the fridge issue and be assured I have taken this up with the housekeeping staff. The business center is something I notice rarely works at hotels so I made it a priority to make sure it is set up perfectly. We wish to see you again and do not hesitate to contact us directly for questions or concerns. Thank you!