All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyshuttle serviceclose to the airportgreat bedearly flightdecent breakfastfree shuttleother hotelsan overnight stayyogurtstayed nightsthird floorfree breakfastflat screen tvnext morningdfw
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were suprised at the rooms and the great staff. Everything was great, rooms smelled great and rooms are extrmely wll decorated. The morning breakfast was a positively more than what normaly would have expected. This is a much better place then any hotels in this area.

Room Tip: We loved the suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 by Wyndham Irving/DFW Apt/North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hello David C, thank you for taking time out and leaving us feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly looking to get better. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for a visit to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area while following the Boston Red Sox, who were playing in Texas the week we were in town.Hotel is located among an area with at least 20 other different hotel chains- to access it via Dallas, you need to pass it on the highway, get off at the next exit, and wrap back around on the one-way road the hotel front is on (however, you can circumvent this by getting off at the first exit, going over the freeway, then making a right onto the second road, this will take you to the back of the property).

For a Super 8, the room was above standard. Big, comfortable bed and flat screen TV were big wins. The Internet was free and worked well. The "business center" of two computers and a free printer worked perfectly and speedily, two things that I can rarely say for business center computers. Breakfast is traditional continental fare and served in a crowded area, but the staff had no qualms about taking it back to the room. The win at the breakfast was that it included yogurt and oatmeal- as a health conscious person, I usually have to forego these breakfasts, but this was great.

All staff we encountered were friendly and we were allowed to check in early in the day without a problem. Rooms also had a microwave and refrigerator, although the refrigerator had someone else's iced teas and diet cola in it when we arrived. Hotel is right by DFW- I could literally see the runway from the hotel, but there was never any noise disturbance in the room.

I'm a runner and I found running outside here to be a bit unpleasant, but doable. I went east on the main road, made a right on the road it ran into, then had to circle around before coming back down a parallel road. It was about a 3-mile run, which was all I could do in the weather, which was very humid. A longer run like I usually do would have been impossible with all the speeding car traffic in the area, unless I did laps.

The worst thing about this hotel is its location. All of the freeways on this side of the airport are undergoing construction (and have been for years, even the first time I went to Dallas years ago). This leads to confusion with drivers due to all of the temporary lane markings and shifting lanes, but, worse leads to unexpected and long backups. On a Tuesday night, returning from Arlington, we got stuck in a 45-minute traffic jam at 11:30 at night.

Other than that though, this is a fine Super 8. I wouldn't call this a 3-star, but it definitely is serviceable and exceeds expectations for a Super 8 or similar hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 by Wyndham Irving/DFW Apt/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hello Mark010585, thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us some feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and happy to hear your acknowledgment of our top of the line mattresses. I apologize for the fridge issue and be assured I have taken this up with the housekeeping staff. The business center is something I notice rarely works at hotels so I made it a priority to make sure it is set up perfectly. We wish to see you again and do not hesitate to contact us directly for questions or concerns. Thank you!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our stay was only $51, booked direct through their website weeks in advance. We stayed there on a Monday night, waiting for our early flight to Vegas the next morning. They're in a very convenient location only 5-7 minutes from the airport entrance. I would definitely stay here again! A nice newer hotel with nice staff and great, clean rooms! The bed was super comfortable too. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: There is a Parking Spot and Parking spot 2 location on both sides of the hotel, convenient airport parking solution. Use the parking spot website for coupons off too! Print them at the hotel for free.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 by Wyndham Irving/DFW Apt/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Good day Txtwister1977, thank you for taking time out and leaving kind words for us. We take our cleanliness very seriously and I am glad you were able to enjoy that. We are actually connected to an "airport road" which allows our guest to have the easiest access to DFW International. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great trip to Las Vegas. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was so hot and wouldn't cool off until early morning.When we asked for a fan they didn't have any. I also saw a big bug in the room. Breakfast was ok. When we had the shuttle come for us they kept us waiting for 45 mins.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 by Wyndham Irving/DFW Apt/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Hello Textigger24, first and foremost I am very sorry you had a less than great experience at our hotel. Our hotel is cleaned and professionally taken care of each month when it comes to bugs. I will be sure and have all air conditioners checked to make sure they are running efficiently in this record breaking Texas summer. Please note that this is not in our service culture and we make take all steps to insure customer satisfaction.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Came down to the Dallas area with my wife for game 1 of the ALCS last October to cheer on our Tigers. We'd located on Travelocity's opaque deal offerings a "top secret" three-star hotel in the DFW area that was $39 plus tax per night ($100 total for two nights). We jumped at the price as because of the ALCS and also a football game that weekend things were pretty booked up in the Dallas area.

Needless to say we were just floored when the three-star "top secret" hotel turned out to be a Super 8. Never in my life have I seen a three star Super 8. I called Travelocity, and of course spoke with someone that was overseas, where star ratings aren't consistent with what they are in the US. I escalated the conversation to a supervisor who understood my concern but ultimately, it was up to the hotel to refund the reservation as it was non-cancellable. They phoned the hotel and spoke with the person on duty (it was later in the evening). They were told indeed they were three stars (which I think is bull).

We arrived late Friday night coming off a five-hour plus drive. First impressions not the greatest - we got the last spot in the parking lot cause a dumpster from their ongoing renovation was blocking several spaces. Fortunately, we got inside and once we got to our room we found it to be quite a bit better than we'd expected.

New bed, new furniture, and new carpet/drapes. Looked like it was turning into the fanciest Super 8 on the planet. There were some issues - our room hadn't had a headboard installed yet - and there were nails in the wall where the previous one had been. We had to get pillows to cover those up. The drawers were unuseable because they hadn't had handles installed on them yet. We asked about getting a room which had been 'completed' but they were all full that weekend. The bathroom, besides a new shower curtain, hadn't been updated and looked pretty funny compared to the other parts of the room. The TV was an older CRT tube set, but I was informed they were getting flat screens the following week. I can appreciate the owners refreshing the property and trying to live up to that self-proclaimed "three star" rating.

Everything else about the property was your typical Super 8. Mediocre breakfast, slow computer in the lobby, They probably should have not sold all their rooms during the renovation period. There were headboards and furniture lying in the hallways.

But, with the renovations complete it seems this is a pretty good option if you need a one night stay in the DFW area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with Super 8 DFW North and for taking the time to post a review. Last year we indeed began our renovations, but I can tell you that we are fully done. I am sorry you experienced this 6-7 months ago, we were in the process of changed the whole hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look foward to serving you again in the near future.