“Charming Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lon, Spain
“Charming Hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good afternoon, we have been visiting this country for the last 10 days. This hotel is by far the best deal I have stayed at. The rooms smelled great and every thing in the room was quite a bit more than one could expect. We loved the bed, breakfast, large TV, internet worked without issues, rooms are decorated very well, the Gym is nice, and the computer with printer was great to get boarding passes. I hope there are more hotels like this one. The staff are all smiles, I like this.
When we visit America again, hope to stay at nice lodges likes Super 8.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello Jerrad S, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our Super 8. I am very thankful you chose us, please visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I dont normally leave reviews but after staying at this Super 8 I feel compelled to do so. Upon arrival I was epecting a normal economy hotel. Boy was I wrong! The lobby is simply beautiful, you do not realize you are in a super 8. Once checked in I realized that the rooms were brand new and after asking the manager I learned they have revamped the whole place. There are several reiewers commeting on the beds in the rooms at this hotel and they are correct. May be the best bed I have slept on. The parking lot is a little small but no problems at all with parking and the internet was fabulous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Good Day Marques J, I am so glad you took time out to leave comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have the most up to date internet gadgets available to make our WiFi as fast and powerful as possible. Please visit again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I spent two nights here after a flight. The hotel is totally not like any other Super 8's. The rooms are very fancy and the furniture is something you dont normally see in a Super 8. I reccomend anyone to stay here, its a great value and an awesome place to stay. Huge TV and GREAT BED too!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello Joe P, thank you for your great comments on TripAdvisor. We wanted to create an escape from the normal feeling of a Super 8 with out lobby. With your comments I see we have succeeded. Our mattresses are second to none and provide the best sleep possible. Thank you and we can't wait to see you again!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

What's really impressive about this property is the bed and pillows.
Yes most hotels in the mid to low price range have problematic beds and lousy pillows.
These guys are up there with the big boys.
They also have the best wide screen LG LCD that will be hard to top in any five star emporium.
The front desk clerks are friendly and smart.
The coffee maker and hair dryer are top notch.
The free wireless Internet is quite nice.
The downside, if you have a highway facing room , is the constant road noise.
Select a room in the rear.
This entire area is in the midst of a chaotic three year construction boondoggle
that has messed up the entire area around the north end of DFW.
Warning; do not stay in the area of 114 and 121. There's nowhere to go,
you will be trapped on the roads. They are even planing on closing these major highways as I write.
There are some ways of egress through back roads, but bring a detailed local map to get around.
Obviously, if you do stay at a budget property you can expect a more rough clientele.
The Continental breakfast is rather mediocre. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, watered-down OJ,
a toaster that doesn't toast well, tiny yogurt containers, and the only fruit was a banana.
I saw that the light switch at the door had no cover plate. I reported it immediately, but it was not repaired in three days.
A lot of good here is off set by the mediocre.

Room Tip: Stay in the back, away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Bobemac, thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. We have the absolute top of the line mattresses because we believe at the very least a guest should have a comfortable bed. As for our breakfast, its a work in progress. We have steadily upgraded and found ways to better serve our guests. The wall plate has been fixed. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any concerns.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel did not live up to expectations. Upon check-in, we were handed one keycard, and it was put in a USED paper sleeve that was wrinkled from pocket sweat & even had a gnat smashed onto it. Seeing that immediately told me how frugal they are. They reuse key sleeves just because you can write a room number on it only once. Additionally, this place is evidently run by an Indian family who seems to have made it their goal to run the place into the ground. Our room was hot and smelled of rotting peanuts upon first entry. Later, the entire corridor reeked of curry. It looks like a manager or two actually LIVE in a suite of the hotel. I still don't know what to think of this. Also, the only hot item at their breakfast is the Texasly shaped waffle iron that apparently every motel in Texas is contractually obligated to have. In all, i would not recommend this place unless you like all possible corners being cut.

MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hello, thanks for taking time and leaving us some feedback. I do apologize and hope to welcome you back to Super 8 DFW north, so that we have an opportunity to showcase our commitment to providing an unparalleled experience, encompassing the style of service you expect and deserve.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After getting stuck in Dallas because of a cancelled flight, I wasn't in the mood to pay a lot of money for a nice hotel, so I resigned myself to just booking a cheap motel and expected to get what I paid for........boy was a PLEASANTLY surprised!!!!
The motel offers a free shuttle and is very close to the airport. Upon arrival, the lobby was simple, but clean and the young lady that checked me in (midnight) was friendly and plesant.
When I walked into my room, I was shocked.....in a good way. The room was VERY clean, the furnishings were quality, new and attractive. There was a very large flatscreen television and the bed was spectacular! The linens were soft, high quality and the bed itself was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in while traveling. If you see my reviews, you will see that I do travel and stay at some of the nicer places, so these comments aren't coming from a kid whose never been away from home. This is definitely a BEST VALUE motel.
They offer a free breakfast as well, but it really is more a continental breakfast with the exception that they offer waffles and hard boiled eggs. The coffee was good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bearecub
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Hello Bearecub, thank you for taking time out of your important day and leaving us some great feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. Your shock was our goal, we have recently renovated the whole hotel to create almost a boutique hotel feel. I will pass your kind words along to the team and they will be just as excited as me to hear them. Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we may host you again in the future!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 7, 2012

You can't beat the value of this hotel! Stayed here 1 night with my husband on 4th of July. The rooms are huge, very clean, big tvs, and the service if great! Of yeah and the A/C works great and the king bed must be a california king because it was super big! Loved everything about our stay from the free little cookies in the lobby to the friendly manager. Will come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your pleasant remarks on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to let our manager know of your kind words and great stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when you are in town next time. Happy Travels!