“Amazing deal, newly renovated”

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Don't pay attention to the 2011 reviews because this hotel has been renovated since. My room was a suite and had all the amenities I could have asked for at a budget price. Coffee maker, flat screen, free Internet, iron and board, hair dryer non smoking rooms and continental breakfast. Only issue was there were some very old brown burn marks on sink fixtures from its days as a more run down place. Great convenience to airport. I would definitely recommend it. Budget price but not a budget experience.

• Stayed: April 2012
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Hello Sandra L, thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for staying at Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH. We can't say thank you enough for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and please be assured that your comments will be shared with our staff. You will be excited to hear that our lobby area is completely done and an even better breakfast is on its way.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pretty nice Super 8
Was recently renovated
Nice room, nice flat TV and furniture
There’s a shuttle bus from the airport in cooperation with a few nearby hotels
Front desk staff was friendly (looks like the owner)
There’s a basic but OK breakfast – even bananas.
Would go back if in the area and looking for a budget friendly motel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for staying with Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH and for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look foward to serving you again in the near future. I would also like to share that we are currently upgrading our breakfast area along with choices to begin your day in a super way!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very impressed for such a great value. Rooms very clean, spacious and modern. Equipped with mini fridge and microwave. Free complimentary breakfast, ranging from make your own waffles, cereals, muffins, hard boiled eggs and much much more. Even though considerable hwy construction is going on in the area, hotel was easy to find. Will highly recommend to anyone and will visit again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to everyone on the team. We thank you for your patronage and hope you host you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this Super 8. Both stays were great. Rooms very clean. (and smelled good) Bathroom very clean. This trip the night manager let me borrow his iPad charger. Very accommodating. Price is cheaper than most. Call hotel for price. I have stayed at the other Super 8 closer to the airport but like this one better... And this one is cheaper and right at the airport!

• Stayed: March 2012
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Hello Melissa W, thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad you noticed our cleanliness. We truly appreciate your feedback and please be assured that I have forward your comments to the team. Thank you for being loyal to Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Clean, spacious rooms. Good complimentary breakfast including a waffle maker. My room also included a mini fridge and microwave which I didn't request but was very happy to find. Prompt check-in and complimentary shuttle service. Great for just about $50!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SanityJ
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with Super 8 DFW AIRPORT NORTH and for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and we look foward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I chose this hotel mainly based on the rate of $50/night. I had a late night flight into DFW and knew I'd only need the room for a few hours before heading home. The room was roomy, clean and quiet. The room-darkening window coverings were much appreciated as they allowed me to sleep in rather than being disturbed by the morning light. Also, the room was quiet. The maids were already at work on the floor when I left the room, but I had not heard them at all.

The wait at the airport for the shuttle was longer than I would have liked, but the hotel utilizes a 'community shuttle' service that also services a number of other hotels - so not certain that's entirely the hotel's responsibility.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank charlener

Good Day Charlener, thank you for staying at Super 8 DFW AIRPORT NORTH and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping team and all appropriate staff members.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had a VERY early flight out of DFW. Booked this hotel because it was $50, and did not expect much, but needed a short stay place to stay to catch my flight. I was pleaseantly surprised! I have read that it was recently renovated. True. The room I stayed in on the 3rd floor was great. Obviously recently renovated. I got somewhat of a suite. Couch, desk, etc. Very nicely appointed, very comfortable bed. No complaints at all. Could maybe use a flat screen TV to make it really exceptional, but I could not believe how nice this was for the price. Have no idea if all of the rooms are the same, but mine was very nice. Can not speak more highly of the hotel in the case in which I stayed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbrad_2000
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Good day travel brad_2000, thank you for taking time and posting a review. We are thankful you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Indeed, we have gone through a complete renovation. As to your TV suggestion, all rooms have been given 42inch flat screens.

Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to host you again soon!