All reviews dfw airport front desk denny s gas station budget hotel free shuttle convenience store room was clean and comfortable one night stay shuttle service dennys dallas cleanliness microwave highway westin
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is located close to the airport, which was convenient for my early morning flight. The staff was minimally engaged and not very friendly. We asked for a first floor room and were told that none were available, though the hotel was nowhere near capacity.

The room was clean but my bed was crooked and I slept poorly because I was afraid of rolling. The bathroom had a "wet dog" smell and I couldn't bear the thought of showering because of it. I would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank grebnednav
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us an opportunity in the future; we would love to have you back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Furnished in the typical Red Roof style, very clean, very quiet, SUPER comfy bed, minutes to DFW airport, excellent value, Denny's and a gas station next door. Would be nice if there were hair dryers in the rooms but for a 1 night stay I was very happy!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SarahErwin21
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I been staying here for years, and what actually made me back was the superb customer ervice of a young hispanic lady that used to work at this prperty for years "Michelle" She was always smiling and going above and beyond to provide an outstanding customer service, I really miss her! So far the new staff it's ok. The rooms are always clean and overall is a good place to stay,good location,quiet and near major highways and the DFW international airport.

Room tip: Ask for the superior king room, it has a very convenient work station.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Mathaddict
Reviewed July 21, 2012

For the price, this hotel did everything we needed. The hotel is very well located. We checked in and got on the 2nd shuttle at 4:40am so we could get to the airport in plenty of time for our 7:15 flight. The hotel was surprisingly quiet so we slept well. The room is quite basic but that was fine. The shower was good. There was no problem parking in the parking lot while we were gone. When we came back from our trip, I called the hotel and they sent the shuttle service. The shuttle was there in 15 minutes. Keep in mind this is a shared service with several other hotels so there were a few stops before we got back to our hotel. I would use this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Cheap basic rooms that I've used twice so far when flying in/out of DFW, and will certainly use again - very helpful front desk and safe shuttle drivers, and they could teach a thing or two to some other T & E types when it comes to customer service. Rooms are basic budget fare, just clean places to crash, could use some business amenity upgrades for longer stays - but this is not a resort hotel, just an air travel utility. Cold AC, plenty of hot water, toilet and tub worked, sheets were clean, no security issues, and a free 5-minute shuttle ride to the airport. Put the hotel phone number in your cell, they will pick you up pronto. Set your departure shuttle time at the front desk the night before, they have a dedicated sign-up sheet; suggested domestic gate arrival is 2 hours before flight, longer for international. Small morning coffee and fresh fruit service in tiny lobby - don't expect a place to sit. There are plenty of fast food choices at DFW (donuts to burgers to pizza to BBQ) so don't worry if you don't have time to eat elsewise, it gives you something to do after clearing security. Don't forget the wake-up call, Jean Paul - then fly, fly like the wind!

Room tip: Got a good rate through Hotels.com as usual, easy and fast check-in at desk.
Date of stay: March 2012