“Terrible shuttle service & expensive Cab ride”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Be ware of this hotel and it's managemt. Stayed there for couple of days terriable shuttle service and had to wait in the airport for hours because they do not have their own shuttle van. It's a contracted service and it happed to fish out pople from the airport at different terminal and then it takes another one hour to drop every one else.
I will not recommended at to corporate America at all. On the other hand shuttle left early because they were full for which i requested for a cab that morning. Cab came in less than 5 min as if the cab was just waiting behind the hotel. When arrived at the destination in was charged $35 dollars by the cabis which I know for sure was at-least 10 dollar over than regular fair. 10 dollar is not the problem but the fact that u had to pay the cab because of the inefficient shuttle service

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I Picked the Holiday Inn because they offered free parking for up to 14 days with one nights' stay. (It was cheaper for the hotel stay then it would have been to park at the airport.) I was flying to Europe and was to be gone for 12 days. My flight did not get back until 9pm and then I had a 4 hour drive so I was in need of a hotel when I got back anyway. I was able to park at the Holiday Inn before my actual stay with no hassle what-so-ever. The shuttle service was very convenient, took only 5 minutes to get to the airport, and was at the airport to pick me up 10 minutes after I called. The place was clean, the beds were comfortable and the free breakfast made for a nice morning. The only complaint I have is that the curtains were not black out and I woke up far too early because of the light.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank jlayneTexas
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We arrived late (1 am) into Dallas after rental car issues. Took the car to the dropoff and called the hotel. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful in getting us to the hotel using the shuttle. Yes it is a contract service, but in our case it worked well. Great property, very good breakfast, comfortable beds.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Beware! This hotel claims to have shuttle service to/from DFW and technically they do, however, the shuttle service is not their own service and it is 1 small mini-van they contract with to service the entire DFW airport. What they don't tell you when you book is that the shuttle can take up to 30 minutes to arrive to pick up/drop off. When I landed at 11:00pm, they told me it would be their in 30 minutes, it arrived almost a full hour after I called. I could have walked to hotel in less time, let alone taken a very inexpensive cab ride, had I known!!!

Also, the hotel rooms are old and dingy. They have renovated the lobby area, but that is all. I will not be staying here again! Take it from someone who spends over 100 nights a year on the road, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Soft sheets, extra clean and a large suite. I was expecting a standard, inexpensive airport hotel but this hotel exceeded my expectations. A beautiful bathroom, king size bed and a mini kitchen/bar with microwave.. My room was spacious and exceptionally clean. My only complaint; breakfast isn't served until 7:00 am (this was on a Sunday, so it may differ on weekdays) but the coffee and rolls were put out early so I still had a snack. Also, the shuttle appeared to run about every 45 minutes and my choices for morning shuttle time were 6:45am or 7:25am. One time was a little early and the other a little late. Overall, those are minor problems for such a sound nights sleep. I am staying here on my next trip through Dallas.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Don't lock the door when you leave the room! I've read from other reviews and have experienced myself from another hotel about hotels locking their customers out of their rooms and then telling them that they need to redo the transaction before they grant you access back in your room. IT'S BULL! They double charge you for your room. And I'm judging that this hotel is guilty of this too. I only stayed one night but when I went to breakfast the next morning, I was curious if the door would unlock for me when I came back. So without closing the door, I slid my card in and it didn't turn green. I knew what was going on so I just rolled the dice and jammed my Blockbuster card in between the door lock and door frame so I could simply push the door open when I came back. As soon as i was on my way to check out, I was curious and tried to open up my room again...it didn't open. It was well before the time it was mandatory to check out too.

Checked out but they didn't say anything so I really don't know. I'm just judging on past hotel experiences and what I have read from other reviews. At the same time, don't let them double charge you for your room. Call the police if you have to.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stay in hotels about 160 nights a year. It was refreshing to have friendly staff at this hotel. They were very outgoing and they actually had managers there that were out in the lobby greeting people. The breakfast was very good. I had scrambled eggs and bacon and it was fresh! The hotel itself was great, very nice and modern AND CLEAN ! Whoever runs this hotel has done a great job training the staff and making sure they are friendly and the rooms are clean. Holiday Inn and the other hotel chains need to visit this place and take notes on how a hotel should be. Kudo to this hotel. I will be back next time I am in Dallas.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business