Tripadvisor
Irving
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews next morning close to the airport big room free breakfast dfw north free airport shuttle beds were comfortable shower head outdoor pool would stay again sitting area coffee maker flight microwave driver tub keys
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2019

Great comfortable hotel with a great price. Very courteous service in all respects and an impressive breakfast buffet. We will definitely stay here again for a good rest whenever in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

This is a Holiday Inn hotel that the corporate office of Holiday Inn should visit to see how bad it really is. The service is about as bad as the rooms themselves. After waiting to be checked in a manager finally came from the office and gave me a room that 5urned out not to have been cleaned. So I had to return to the front desk wait again and be given a room for which the key didn’t work. The rooms have the quality of a third rate motel. The faucet in the bathroom was loose and the electric plug beside the bed didn’t work. The bathroom vent was encrusted with spiderwebs.

Stay away from this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Departure45566007495, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Dear BrianCB62, I first of all want to apologize for the issues you experienced at my hotel. I assure you this is not our norm. I would really like to speak with you personally, if you would be so kind as to give me a call.

Reviewed November 22, 2019

This is a beautiful new hotel. Our room and the service we received were perfect.

But what I want to praise here is the caring help that Patrick, an assistant general manager, gave us throughout a medical emergency. While we were checking in, my wife experienced what turned out to be "transient global amnesia." At the time, she and I both thought she was having a stroke.

Patrick interceded for us with EMS at the outset, and gave me his cell phone number, just in case. Then, sure enough, right in the thick of the crisis, I needed to retrieve my wife's iPad. So from the hospital, I called Patrick and a nearby friend, and Patrick helped our friend secure the iPad.

Shortly after that, we needed to add another day to our stay to give my wife time to recover before we hit the road again. Brenda at the front desk made the arrangements, and kept us in the same room, which took a little doing.

It turns out that my wife is all right. We enjoyed visiting with Patrick the next morning over breakfast. And the extra day of rest genuinely helped us recover from the previous evening's crisis.

We will probably have occasion to visit our friends in Irving again. When we do, this is where we'll stay. We've never experienced the kind of help Patrick and the staff gave us in any hotel before.

Date of stay: November 2019
Departure45566007495, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2019

Dear Robert S, Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am so glad your wife is okay, and that you two were able to relax a bit before returning home. I will be sure to share your notes with Patrick, Brenda, and the rest of my staff.
Happy Holidays to you and your wife and family. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

Looks like they are in the middle of renovating the hotel, which is not a big deal. I think it's a great idea!
The room I stayed in looked to be one that was upgraded recently. The sitting area was separate and huge! Actually, so large that it looked bare and really needs some furniture in there. The bedroom is nice, in a room by itself. However, let's talk about the bathroom. You have these 2 huge rooms and this teeny, tiny bathroom. Honestly, I don't think your door meets NFPA regulations. I believe you need a minimum of 3 feet and I measured closer to 2 1/2. The wall between the toilet and the rest of the bathroom is maybe a 2 foot clearance. You're going to get a lot of people that are not going to be able to fit in these bathrooms, so before you get too far into your reno here, I would stop and review some of the building codes along with getting feedback from people that are not the size of a child.
Also, your minimum sprinkler head spray should go out a minimum of 18 inches and the one I'm looking at is squeezed between this tiny 2 foot wall. I'm not sure how that one passed inspection either.
If you're not claustrophobic in the bathroom, then you should be fine. If you are the least bit claustrophobic, I suggest going elsewhere.

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Hi, TrvlGirl05,

Thank you for your candid review and for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Express And Suites Irving Dfw Airport North. I am glad you appreciate our upgraded rooms and the huge sitting area.

I read about the bathroom made you felt uneasy. I also regard your concern about the sprinkler head spray and the ongoing renovation. We promise to bring the joy of travel for all, but I understand these shortcomings left you feeling otherwise. I am sorry for the lapses encountered. Your feedback is important to help us identify areas that need additional attention. I shared your comment with the hotel management. I am positive they will respond accordingly.

We hope to get another chance to prove your unsatisfactory stay was an exemption, and prove our commitment to delivering the quality of our brand standards at its best.

Jeraldine R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 13, 2019

Friendly check in. First room assigned had the door lock open as though someone was in the room. Went back to the front desk and was reassigned another room. The rooms are LARGE. The bathroom was small considering the room was so large. Micro/fridge/countertop. Flatscreen TV.
I was on 1st floor and had no noise issues.
535 shuttle was ON TIME. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport but they stopped at each concourse. It took me 23 minutes from hotel to Concourse D.
Arrived late, and ordered food to be delivered from a Chinese restaurant as nothing was close by.
There were ample wall plugs by the bed and desk. The USB plugs did not work by the bed!

Left before breakfast.. they had a few breakfast bags but they were all gone when i got to the front desk. I would stay again!

• Trip type: Traveled on business