All reviews shuttle service next morning close to the airport big room free breakfast dfw north free airport shuttle beds were comfortable shower head an early morning flight rental car outdoor pool business trip couch driver bathtub dust
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

The front desk check in was friendly. My room was newly renovated but many other places in the hotel were under renovation. I realize you have to upgrade periodically and it was not much of an inconvenience. Breakfast was complimentary and very adequate with all of the basics both hot and cold.

I had the 1 bedroom king suite which was roomy. The bathroom was oddly small. Sort of like it was retro fitted in a former little hallway. Water pressure was not good in the shower and the new fixtures seemed very cheap. My room was at the end of the hallway next to the exit and the door slammed with a vengeance whenever someone used it. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. Also nice grade bath towels.

All in all I would say it was a good value. For the price I would do it again (but request a room away from the stairway exit :-) )

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2019

Had to stay there because of cancelled flight and didn't take enough time to review other options or would not have stayed there. The desk staff was friendly enough but overworked. The room itself was terrible. First floor and was not yet renovated. Shower was a trickle, obvious mildew, bathroom light would not turn off, hair dryer died, bed was obviously worn out. Breakfast staff was rude, there were three empty coffee carafes, trash cans were overflowing.

Room tip: Ask for one that has been renovated
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Hi Joe V,

I'm sorry you had trouble with the room, especially the shower and visible signs of usage on the furnishing. Your experience is definitely not our way of providing seamless accommodations. We are hoping that these issues will be addressed as soon as the refurbishment is finished. It's good to see that our location worked to your advantage and you found our staff accommodating. We'd like to champion the brilliant basics.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to change your mind and reach all your expectations. Thanks for your confidence in us.

Best regards,

Anna R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

If I was rating this hotel on just the room alone, it would probably be four stars, but the service is so bad here that I can’t give it more than one star.

I’ll keep it short, but the two things that led to this rating are:

1. We called for the shuttle when we landed and they said it would arrive in 15 minutes. After 20 minutes, we called again and they said he should be here any minute. When I called back again, nobody answered after trying four times. We waited for an hour and the shuttle never showed. If you stay here, save yourself the hassle and just uber it. It cost us $6.

2. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. I’ll leave it at that, but if you decide to stay here, you will see what I mean.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for a soccer tournament for 4 nights. Hotel staff was superb, very nice, friendly. Facilities are still being remodeled, 3rf floor rooms are huge and nicely finished - however...there is dust everywhere. The workout rooms could use some major cleaning and pool needs to be fixed as well. Overall , great breakfast and good location.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Hotel is under renovation. Pool is open. Maze of hallways and rooms. Temporary breakfast area with free breakfast (no waffle makers). Have to call for the hotel shuttle and I had to flag down the guy at the airport, almost passed me by because the front desk didn't tell him i called.

• Trip type: Traveled with family