“Great value and service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Calgary, Alberta
“Great value and service”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Mid class hotel. Great service. Staff will do anything for you. Rooms clean. Beds comfortable. Pool a great way to end a hot day. Wether for a short stay or a week, this is a good place. Close to airport. Close to new train that takes you downtown Dallas. Easy access to highways.

Room Tip: Good beds. Quiet. Great service
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable and convenient experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Good Front Desk (Ilesha (sp)) was warm & welcoming. We arrived early & they would not have a room until 2:00. We were able to get a 1st floor room to our requirements. They also got us directions to Love Field This saved us time & stress & be early to the pick up. The people are all helpful & friendly. Breakfast this morning was very good.
Only negative is the bathroom is a little tight. Other than that, we are pleased & a good value.

Room Tip: Call front desk to review your needs & options.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff (Ilesha) to be as accommodating, helpful, and welcoming as possible. However, we wish we exceed in quality amenities. We hope that everything turned out all right and we are looking forward to seeing you again!
Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Chose this hotel based on its location to DFW. It is about a ten-minute drive to the rental car return. No real dining options nearby, but the hotel has many menus for restaurants that deliver.

Nice outdoor pool and sitting area with mature trees in the center of the property. As with all Holiday Inn Expresses, you get free wifi and breakfast.

Will stay here again if I end up at DFW.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inside of the hotel overlook the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank P-40_Warhawk
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us! I am glad that you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again!
Baltimore
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hubby and I had the pleasure of staying here for a week while on business. I really have no real gripes about this hotel! The room we had was spacious, very clean, great Wifi connection, ok tv channel selection, great breakfast! The highlight for me and for hubby was no doubt THE BED! OMG...so, so comfy! Great location to DFW airport, restaurants, malls, gas stations, Six Flags, ATand T stadium, downtown Dallas! Kudos to the hardworking housekeeping crew, very friendly and helpful! The front desk staff was helpful and friendly for the most part. There was a cranky pants there every so often, but we didn't have to deal with him much. No five star rating because I couldn't use the pool for real. Just waaaaayyy too many children running around all day until closing. I was hoping maybe I could use it later like when they are sleeping, but no such luck pool has no access at night.. bummer. Parking situation is a little bit tight, but otherwise its a cool hotel. It is definitely worth you guys giving it a try!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ezbnqueen
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and never have had major issues but this time we did.

We arrived around 1400 and we able to check in. Service wasn't the friendliest but at least we were able to check in. We were given a room on the first floor. At first glance, the room appeared clean but after really checking it out, there were several glaring issues. The first was the couch. The one in our room seriously needs to be replaced. Stains on the arm rest and cushions. As soon as you sat down you sank into the cushions and not in a good way. Later on when I took the sleeper out, the previous guests sheets were still in the there and the sheets were dirty. Also, crumbs in the bed and behind the couch.

Sink in the bathroom was clean as was the toilet, but the shower looked grimy as did the bathroom counters. Floors felt sticky as well. One towel had stains. No toilet paper either; not on the roll or on the counter. None at all.

But the worst part was the fridge. I opened the fridge to put our food in it and there was still food from the previous guest. And judging by the mold on the food, it had been there for quite a while. Disgusting. The entire fridge in the inside was sticky as if something sweet had leaked. Rain stain on the carpet near the fridge; crumbs all along the floor near the fridge. After I saw the fridge and the contents, I went to front desk and explained the condition of the room. No apologies or offer to move rooms. I finally asked to be moved and my request was denied with no explanation. No offer to have housekeeping spruce up the room either. I spoke to the same gentlemen who checked me in. His only solution was to hand me a trash bag so that I could clean out the fridge myself. I am not paying to clean my own room. I assume that is why the hotel pays the housekeepers. Completely unacceptable. But even more unacceptable is the blase attitude that guests should do their own housekeeping. I guess I was interrupting his texting time.

The pool was too cold but that's the hotels fault but the hotel can do something about the trash in the pool and in the area. No towels were available either.

We did eat breakfast in the am and it was typical HI Express fare. Food was being replenished very slowly and some didn't get replenished at all.

I would probably stay again because I know based on previous stays that the rooms are usually clean and the service is decent. But the cleanliness issues need to addressed ASAP.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ethansmom06
Gmanager2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping and staff courtesy issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. Rest assured that our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and that your comments are being addressed.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2014

If your are traveling thru DFW, this hotel is an excellent choice. The rooms were clean. The parking and internet are free. The hot breakfast was excellent. The hotel has a free shuttle to DFW. I booked my room late and got a great deal. I would stay here again. The hotel had everything I look for when traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank TN-Frank
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your high rating and positive review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we can't wait to serve you again!
CO
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We would stay at this hotel again for the airport shuttle. The front desk agents are kind but they can only do so much when housekeeping, maintenance and the breakfast attendants have no urgency or pride in their work. The breakfast bar would run out of food and coffee. When there is 6 coffee urns this should not happen. Management needs to step it up. The beds were comfortable.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank family1992
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!