“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night for my birthday. We got a great deal online. The room was very comfortable and clean. I shocked at how low the noise was considering we were so close to the airport. I am a light sleeper and the airport noise was no problem. We didn't leave once we arrived, we ate before we checked in. The breakfast bar the next morning was very good, had a great selection of food and eating area was very clean. I highly recommend this hotel. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

We are so excited to read your review and rating of our hotel. Thank you for recognizing the comfort and cleanliness of your room as well as the choices for breakfast. Our staff members work hard to ensure that we give you the best service we possibly can. To read that you had a happy and memorable experience during your stay gives us more motivation and great pleasure. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night, we had a 24hr layover. The rooms were very clean, and nice. But trying to get anywhere was a disaster. Their shuttle only drives at night and to a certain center of restaurants. It was a huge deal to take us to a cvs that was a mile away. The south location will take you anywhere, anytime in a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed: March 2014
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are a hotel that places utmost importance on the voice of our guests, as we are committed to delivering the highest level of service. You have our word that we will be reexamining our shuttle schedule and the areas to which it takes our guests. We hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel and give you the highest level of service in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife, my in-laws and I stayed here for 3 nights. My wife and I just moved to the DFW area, and we needed a place to stay before the movers arrived. We stayed in a one bedroom suite (I'm not sure if this is standard or if it was all they had left), which had plenty of space. Rates were very reasonable using my company rate code. Hotel was right next to DFW, so it should be very convenient if flying in. The standard holiday inn express breakfast was good, although tables were scarce 2 out of the 3 days. I would not hesitate to stay here or recommend this location in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. This is the kind of review that inspires us to work even harder, raise the bar even higher. Thank you for appreciating our generous sized room as well as our reasonable rate. As for the number of tables available for use during breakfast, we will to see it to that more will added to accommodate our guests. We appreciate you pointing this out, as it helped us identify a problem to which we will devote ourselves into providing a quick solution. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Someone else made this reservation for me and it was not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised by the lobby and room. It is like a maze and there is a lot of walking to get to the room and then find your way back to the lobby. I had a king room with a bit of a kitchenette. The only disappointment is the bathroom, well, the shower. They tried to be fancy and do a tub and separate shower. The shower is tiny, closed in and kind of gross with a very low shower head. The tub is small too so I'm not sure what they were thinking. I can see the pool from my window and that area does not look bad for an airport hotel. I won't stay here again but it was fine while waiting for a flight.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for the fair rating you gave for our hotel, and for appreciating our lobby and room. We apologize for any inconvenience incurred during your stay. As we aim to meet all our customers' expectations, rest assured that your concerns regarding the shower in our bathroom will not take for granted. We will do our best to improve our services. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was built to be a regular budget hotel, however even for the money the room I stayed in was in quite bad shape, everything being really old and run down, even for having not so high expectations.
The toilet was flowing on and off all night, the heating fan was really loud - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear TRozsa,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Because of all the crazy weather earlier this month we had a flight cancellation and I just called the nearest Holiday Inn and this was it. Brandee at the front desk was very friendly on the phone and informed me that the shuttle was currently in the airport and if we hurried we could catch it and we could finalize the reservation in person. Luckily we caught it because it was COLD! They were renovating the front area of the hotel so she placed us far from whatever noise might still be happening (since it was b4 5PM). We had a crib delivered immediately and because I'm an IHG member we got free drinks from their market. The room was awesome! Spacious. Flat screens in living room and bedroom. Bathtub and stall shower. Very clean. My only complaint was the morning shuttle. They overbooked it so we were STUFFED in. My husband and I (and baby) had to share a seat. I'm not sure where the miscommunication occurred but "roll call" for who ever is on the shuttle list should be taken BEFORE passengers board the shuttle not when we're all already stuffed in there. Otherwise - what's the point?
Overall we really liked it and and the price was really cheap too for it being a suite room.

Room Tip: Dallas/ Ft Worth airport is HUGE!! It was my first time flying in/out of there. So allow extra time...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We seek to give excellent service to our valuable guests and to hear that we have served you well is more than enough to inspire us to work harder than hard to give our valued guests the best accommodation they deserve at all times. Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful experience and it brings us great joy that you appreciated our spacious room, the in room facilities and amenities as well as the overall cleanliness. We wish to let you know that your suggestion regarding our shuttle service will surely be put into consideration. Thank you for helping us to further improve by giving us your insightful feedback. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our stay at Holiday Inn Express in Irving was much better than I had expected. First our room was very spacious. We had a king size bed, microwave, small fridge, sofa bed and lots of space to stretch out in. The bathroom was pretty large as well the shower and tub were separate. The breakfast area was warm and welcoming the food was delicious. So many options at breakfast from pancakes to bagels, sausage, cereal and more. The parking was hassle free. Overall great stay near the airport. If I'm ever in the DFW area again I would surely stay here.

Room Tip: Limited food options near by. We only found Whataburger and Dennys.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monica A
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us for we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance. Thank you so much for taking notice of the amenities we offer, the great breakfast selection, as well as the spacious and comfortable accommodation. Our goal is to give excellent service and we always work hard to make each guest feel that we are committed into going above and beyond our call of duty to achieve that. We want to give you the best value for your money, and we couldn’t thank you enough for inspiring us to further excel in giving our valued guests the service that is beyond compare. We hope that we may be able to serve you again very soon.