“Huge hotel rooms; lovely staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Huge hotel rooms; lovely staff”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for one night while in transit from Canada to the Caribbean. Upon check-in, the staff were nothing but warm and friendly, offering tips and directions to a close spot to grab lunch. Our hotel room was HUGE, way bigger than expected with a great king-size bed, and pillow cases which stated whether the pillows were firm or soft! My only criticism about the room was that the shower was rather small. Unfortunately, we had to leave very early for our flight and were unable to have their complimentary breakfast. Happily, however, their shuttles leave about every 45 minutes, which worked perfectly with our 5:45am flight. Would recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I Had A Great Stay, From The Time I Walk Into The Hotel The People Made Me Feel Like I Was At Home. They Gave Me The Layout Of Places To Eat And How To Get There. The Hotel Was Real Clean And The Colors Were Warm. My Room Was So Nice And I Could Smoke In It, Sorry But I'm A Smoker. Only One Thing I Did Not Like Was That There Was No TV In The Bedroom, I Do Like Watching The News Before I Go To Sleep And The First Nite I Fell Asleep On The Couch And Got Up About 2:00am To Climb Into Bed. I Did Let My Boss Know This Is The Place To Stay When We Are In Irving TX. Thanks Again For A Nice Stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great location to airport (with shuttle service), and restaurants. The hotel was clean, pleasing to the eye, great breakfast, and other amenities such as wifi and business center. Most notable was the welcoming and helpful attitude on the part of the desk personnel: Jeremy and Casandra. These newer HI Expresses are well worth it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Booked an overnight stay before flying out of DFW the following morning. The location was close to the airport and easy to find. Despite being close to the airport, I did not notice an issue with aircraft noise. Check-in was quick and the staff were very friendly. I also appreciated the recognition of my Priority Club status and the room upgrade. Facilities were typical of most updated Holiday Inns and met my expectations for the chain. The room was clean, free-WiFi, but old CRT TV. As this was a short stay I did not use the pool or fitness center, nor did I take breakfast at the hotel. Again, I was impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I would stay at this hotel again if staying overnight at DFW.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The room was very clean, it had an old school tube tv though. Doesn't have central heat and air, I also had to pay them 30 bucks to leave my car here for 5 days since I was flying out, shuttle was free however. Parking should be free, bed is comfy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SugarJ
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have stayed at several hotels in the DFW area in the past few years. This one is the best. I would have paid more. The service was outstanding!

• Stayed November 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed for over 21 days until bugs invaded the room. My wife came to visit and experienced the attack of the bugs all over her hair, I was very unlikely of the chain. They moved us twice in two days. I simply could not stay another day. The sad part is no one really care about the incident or no compensation for the inconvenience. I'm a Priority Club Gold Member since the year 2000 and this the first time I stay in such poor property. I will not return to this property nor would I recommend it. There are better places in Irving, TX but this one is not it.
I hope someone forwards this review to the manager.
Manny