“Lights out hotel!”

Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south
Ranked #68 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Lights out hotel!”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

* Attendent guaranteed Internet but was unusable.
* TV only the center part of the screen worked
* Shower handle fell off repeatively
*. Toilet flap continued to get stuck up allowing it to run until I manually shut it off.

So if all you want is sleep on the cheap then this is the place to go. Otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Cfptraverler
MrTran, Manager at Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
We're sorry that you have an unpleasant stay with us, we hope to see you again to accommodate and fix the problems you encounter during your stay.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed in this hotel back in 2006 and returned because I had previously had a good experience there. This time round my experience was not as positive. I had extended my stay by a couple of days but the front desk twice failed to extend my room key so I was locked out. Even when I asked them to check my key was OK they failed to do it and I got locked out again. Even well within the end time for breakfast they ran out of items and would not put any more out. Will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
MrTran, General Manager at Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
I'm sorry you feel our services standard has gone down. I don't know why the FD people didn't program your key for multiple days, I will investigate in it. As for the end time for breakfast, did you ask the FD personel to put out more items? If so, could you tell me that person name or description so I know who to talk to.

Once again, we appreciate your business here at Super 8 DFW South, and hope you reconsider staying with us in the future again.

Quitman, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the hotel 9/17/10 prior to an early flight from DFW the next morning. We booked the package that allows a car to be left at the hotel for 2 weeks. Our neighbor has used the hotel several times for this purpose and recommended it. Our experience was very positive. Our room was newly redecorated, clean and quiet. The desk clerk was courteous and efficient. The driver took us directly to our flight. Upon our late-night return two weeks later, we called and were picked up in a timely manner. The driver even took us to a different terminal to retrieve our luggage, which had been sent on an earlier flight after we missed our connection. It was nice to have our car waiting for us at the hotel, since we still had a few hours to drive to our home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
MrTran, General Manager at Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for the kind comment! We strive to provide good services to our guest at all time. We hope you will use our hotel again in the future for your next trip!

Best regards,
Whitney, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2010

made unarthorized charge on my debit card..took 2 weeks to talk to manager.she would not return my phone calls.reported to dallas bbb.has been 4 weeks they will not respond to them either.if you do not like their service or have had a problem with this super8 motel.report it to dallas bbb.dont let them just take your money and be unsatisfied!!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Called their corporate offices to complain on this one... I stayed one night (I have stayed many at this location) and chose this hotel based on the parking/shuttle to and from DFW Airport.

We filled out paperwork on the make/model of our truck and pick-up date at the airport just like we usually do.

When we returned we tried calling the hotel for about 2 hours and the number wasn't working. We called the Super 8 on the North side and they tried as well and couldn't get through- we then took a taxi to the hotel and I asked the manager (I'm assuming) to consider paying for the taxi. She said it wasn't her fault that the phones were down and that wasn't their policy. I asked her to consider refunding some money for the shuttle or parking. She said that wasn't her policy and kept repeating (and repeating) that it wasn't their fault that the phones were out of service.

I think I was very cordial to her at first- then she decided to walk away and leave me standing there with her answer.

I wasn't asking for much actually. It wasn't my fault or hers that the phones didn't work but she knew my return date and some customer service would have been appreciated.

I really considered her attitude RUDE and was amazed at her lack of response.

I won't stay here again- ever.

In addition the air conditioner in the room sucks and it wasn't very clean- but you get what you pay for I guess. I did. Lol.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dori1977
On the day of your return, the City of Irving had a power outage in certain part. We were left without any power therefore there was no way a phone call could of gone through. It was an unplanned event, we are sorry for the inconvenience that you have encounter.

As for the front desk worker you had a chat with, I will talk it over with her.
Thank you for your patronage!

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Super 8, Irving is a decent place to stay. The rooms are good and the staff are very polite

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind comment!
We hope you stay with us again in the future!

TEXAS
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I didn't expect much from an inexpensive motel but for $50 I do expect the basics.
I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance and by the time I got there they had "lost" all record of my reservation. I waited over 5 minutes at the front counter for assistance before someone even showed up. The halls were hot and humid -- no wasting money on A/C I guess. The halls also smelled like cigarette smoke. They found me a room eventually down at the end near an outside door that would not close all the way (so much for security!) My key card would not work -- had to find someone again to fix that. The room looked great superficially -- only had one towel but I don't have a problem asking for another but then, later on when it is time to crawl in bed I find out there is no bottom sheet! I go to plug in my alarm clock and electrical outlet ha no cover and it was loose and kind hanging out of the wall behind the bed. The people in the rooms above and next door also partied all night -- loud rap music, bottles crashing, stomping, etc. Simply put -- not worth even the smallest amount of money until obvious problems and staff is fixed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that you experience and unpleasant stay. I will have a talk to my housekeeping staff to remember to recheck every room before leaving. Many guest beforehand may unplug things from the room, which should be checked by our housekeeping staff. I'm sorry that they have missed your room on that day. As for the partying room, did you report the problem to the FD staff? We strictly do not rent rooms out for party and such.

The rear end door does close all the way, people made not close it all the way properly. It is our utmost priority to provide security to all our guest.

We hope you reconsider us again in the future, to provide you better services.