“Super 8 DFW South Not To Super”

Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south
Ranked #67 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Texas
“Super 8 DFW South Not To Super”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Had a early morning flight out of DFW and was not going to get to the motel late the night before. Due to the short amount of time that I was going to be in the room, I picked this hotel due to its low price. Mistake #1 you get what you pay for. First walked into the motel and it smelled like dead fish. Found the source, 2 large fish in a very large fish tank that had nothing but the fish and dirty water inside. Desk clerk acted like he was doing me a favor to let me stay in his crappy motel. Bed was very hard and had hairs all over the comforter and sheets. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I DID....STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mpd230

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is the perfect place to stay if you have an early flight out! I have stayed here twice & both times were fine. They offer a hotel shuttle which I used the first time & it was very good, dropped me right at the gate. My second stay I did not use the shuttle because we had free parking with the ParkingSpot, but you can leave your car there if you like. (my neighbors have done that) It is clean, very reasonably priced & friendly folks! It is definitely not somewhere you would spend a week's vacation, but for one night it can't be beat in my opinion. Also, there is a Red Lobster right next door so my husband & I walked over there for dinner, which was VERY convenient. I give it a thumbs up!!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
MrTran, General Manager at Super 8 Irving DFW Airport/south, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank You for the kind comment. We provide Park And Fly packages to our guest for easy convenience and less hassle.

We hope you choose us again for your future trips!

Jennifer Lee
972 257 1810
California
Reviewed January 8, 2007

I didn't actually get to stay at this Super 8. They told me there would be an airport shuttle available to pick us up, and when our flight landed, there was no shuttle available. The clerk told me it was too late, even though he failed to mention there were limited hours on the shuttle when I made the reservation. We finally found another shuttle driver nice enough to give us a ride to the hotel, but it was the wrong Super 8. We ended up staying at the Super 8 North instead, but they would not cancel my reservation at the Super 8 South.
The management (general manager's name is Jennifer Lee) would not help me when I complained. I have never been treated so unfairly. I will never stay at a Super 8 again because of this terrible experience.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank biznitch
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2006

We stayed at the Super 8 in Irving before our flight home. The room was okay, clean, and alright for one night. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was okay. We didn't get to stay for the breakfest since we had to leave by 3 am to get our flight. It is easy to get to for the airport. We walked to Denny's which was two blocks away. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006