“Solid hotel choice”

Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Novi, Michigan
“Solid hotel choice”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed on many occasions in the Las Colinas area, particularily this hotel. One important thing to note with my most recent stay is that the hotel just started doing renovations. They are starting on the 6th floor and working their way down. My room was on the 5th floor, and while I was trying to get in some rest after arriving from my flight, I could hear the workers above me making noise. I understand that they have quiet hours during the evening, so I really didn't have a problem with the noise, as it wasn't too excessive and it was at 2 pm. For the next few weeks you may want to request a room on a lower floor, then look to get rooms on the upper levels once those are completed with the new decor. Other than that, this hotel is always a solid choice. Decent complimentary breakfast, pool and fitness center, along with a shuttle that will drop off or pickup from the airport as well as any stops you want within 5 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: Due to current renovations, choose a room on the lower floors for the next few weeks, then look to g...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the renovation disrupted your afternoon. Our entire team is excited to be going under a renovation. Please let me know if there is anything else that you would like me to address. I can be reached by calling the hotel and asking for Bernadette. I look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Joined my husband during his work trip. They were very nice in adding me to the reservation and were very attentive with greetings as we came and left the hotel. The morning of my departure, I came downstairs at 6:15 am for the airport shuttle, only to be informed that their service didn't start until 7am. The front desk called another hotel and had them come and take me to airport. Very nice and lucky that they had this arrangement! Good proximity to airport and freeways to the downtown area. I will say that the hotel public areas were somewhat "beat up" looking with many scratches and dents and the elevator doors and flooring were dirty looking. I did overhear the staff discussing an upcoming renovation. Difficult if you don't have a car. Two restaurants in front of hotel, one BBQ and one Brazilian steakhouse.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that my team was able to accommodate your early shuttle needs. We do partner with many hotels, and find this the best way to serve our customer's needs. We always strive to provide exceptional service to our guests.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Las Colinas staff never fails, service is always great. Stayed there a few times and I keep on coming back. Very well situated in the heart of business offices and dining places. Shuttle service is excellent, from airport to hotel to our office to dining places "Thanks! Mark". Reservation is very easy. Amenities is more than what you needed. The exercise room is really nice, spacious and have a variety of exercise machines and equipment not just only two or three. They are currently renovating the 6th floor and they have a notice in the lobby on what they are working on, what equipment they are using, what time they will start and for how long. I can say that I didn't even realize they are renovating the 6th floor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review! It is important that any work we do does not negatively impact our guests. We strive to make each guest experience exceptional! We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just had the pleasure of spending two nights with the incredible staff at Hyatt Place Las Colinas. The hotel is well located near popular golf courses and is clean and well appointed for the business traveler. The room was spacious and included a sofa, desk, and very large screen tv with all the connections for a computer or video equipment in easy access. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great and included more than the standard toast and cereal. The best part was the free shuttle service to local attractions. Getting a return pickup was painless with virtually no wait. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I only stayed here once so no feel for which rooms are better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We always strive to create the best customer experience for our guests. I hope that the next time you are in the DFW area you will elect to stay with us again!
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We brought a group of 150 high school band kids to Dallas for a competition and stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check in was a breeze. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the hotel accommodated all of our needs. They made us feel like family. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you selected our hotel to stay at hope you will stay with us next time you are in the DFW area!
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This is just a normal Hyatt Place and maybe even on the tired side. But, what separates it from others is the staff. They treat you better than the Ritz Carlton. I have had three separate people stop me to tell me their role at the hotel and ask if I needed their help at all. I have NEVER had that happen before. As a small biz owner, I am in awe of the amazing culture created here.

• Stayed April 2014
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your review! Our TEAM at our location works very hard to provide each guest with an amazing experience. I just wanted to mention that we will be going through renovation this summer, as we are in definitely in need of one. I hope that you have a chance to come back in town to see us once we are finished with our updates.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights as a part of a conference at the hotel. The room was one of the nicest and cleanest rooms I have stayed in for business. The conference experience was flawless as well. Other than a small billing issue that was cleaned appropriately and efficiently, I really have nothing negative to say at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you next time you are in the DFW area!