“Best on the block”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel to the Las Colinas/Irving area a few times a year, and always stay in and around this property due to its proximity to our company's main office in Las Colinas. Of the 4 other hotels nearby, this one is my favorite. The staff is the friendliest and most helpful I've encountered just about anywhere. The breakfast was great and the evening/afternoon menu is not too bad, either. The small cocktail lounge located in the lobby, immediately adjacent to where meal service is handled, is handy for relaxing with co-workers at the end of the day. There is a small number of "to-go" breakfast pastries and cookies if you're in a hurry or want enjoy a snack in your room. The price of the room and the quality of the accomodations makes it a very good value. After trying all of other small hotels in the area, this is my go-to place to stay when I'm here on business.

The rooms are clean, furnished nicely and I've always gotten a good night's sleep. Seriously, I've had ZERO problems at this property. It should be noted that across the parking lot is a pretty good eatery, most recently renovated to be a BBQ/Smoked meat restaurant; FM Smoke House. If you're staying for a few nights, be sure to check it out. It couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide each and every guest with an exceptional experience, it will be nice for my team to hear that they are making a difference in the lives of our guests.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The place is nice. I recently stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel is clean. Customer service is good. The serve breakfast like other Hyatt's, I found they were slow and would start clearing breakfast by 9:30. If you are someone who likes to sleep in and get in just in time for breakfast you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you were disappointed by our breakfast hours of Monday-Friday 6:30AM to 9:30AM and Saturday-Sunday 7:00AM to 10:00AM. I know when I travel I like to sleep in a bit as well! The great thing about Hyatt Place is our 24/7 Gallery Menu where you can get a breakfast sandwhich at a reasonable price anytime after our normal breakfast hours. I hope that next time you are in the Dallas area you will stay with us again! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I had a one night layover in DFW. So I needed a hotel within reasonable distance of the airport, and cheap. Through Priceline, I was able to get a room here for about $85. I saw the pics online and thought that I would be lucky if I was to have one of those rooms for the price. They do not have the typical hotel room layout, much better. When we entered the room, it was just like the picture. The lobby area was very clean, the staff was superb, and the sweets downstairs were delicious. Overall great stay, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: Free shuttle service does not begin running until 7am. Free breakfast is out at 7, although the day...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional service and a clean comfortable environment for all of our guests. I am glad you had a chance to taste our sweets! They are delicious!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My Annual Family Trip took us to Dallas this year & we stayed at Hyatt Place/Las Colinas. We traveled overnight & arrived at the hotel around 9 am. Initially the hotel was unsure if they would be able to accommodate our early arrived but once we got there we were quickly checked in & given our rooms w/no problem. Our rooms were very nice as was the layout of the hotel. Breakfast was served daily & came w/a good variety of choices. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Dallas in a hotel/business district w/a lot of restaurants, hotels, shopping & access to main thoroughfares nearby. The area was very quiet, well-groomed & enjoyable for my entire family & the staff was very nice, always ready to be of assistance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank derondah
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Derondah,

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the Dallas area.

Bernadette Weber
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
5455 Green Park Drive
Irving, Texas 75038

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed with my husband for an overnight business trip. The room was spacious with a suite like look. There was a long sofa, fridge, desk for working, a huge TV, and best of all, a great air conditioner that got the room frosty for sleeping. The breakfast was just a continental breakfast - nothing special. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Becky B
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out and thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Dallas area!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I usually love Hyatt Place but this one is getting a little worn. The staff were wonderful and that makes up for the remodel that is needed. Our tv would not let us order movies, and they could not fix nor move us to another room and that was a bummer. But they added points to my hyatt card to make up for. There most be newer hyatt places to stay at in dallas if that is your hotel brand of choice. The sandwiches we ordered the first night to eat in our room were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lmorrisbal

As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for reviewing our hotel and wanted to let you know that we are slated for a renovation in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of assistance!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Dallas/Irving and I was very excited to be there. I was in awe of the large airport and actually hung out a couple hours since I landed at 1 pm and check in wasn't until 3 pm. I called the hotel for a shuttle from the airport and she said it would be about 15 minutes. I waited at the courtesy van stop and after 20 minutes and no shuttle, I called back. She then told me it was going to be another 15 minutes which I wasn't pleased about but I'm patient and was happy to be in Dallas. Another 15-20 minutes and the shuttle arrives. He was very nice, opening the door for me and putting my luggage in the back. I tipped him for the pick-up because I appreciated the service and enjoyed the short ride to the hotel. The shuttle was very clean and comfortable and the driver was friendly asking me where I was from, etc. I arrived at the hotel and was pleased that although it was a chain hotel but still felt cozy and friendly. The staff was so nice. The woman at the front desk Cindy tried to get me a room with a bigger closet since I was going to be there for three nights. She gave me a mini tour and explained they were understaffed that day. I went to my room and about 3 minutes later, she called up saying I had to switch rooms because the lock on that door was broke. She was kind enough to come to the 3rd floor with my new keys and I was comped a meal for the inconvenience. The room I stayed in was perfect for my needs and beautifully designed. The bed was very comfortable and except for the baby crying across the hall on my last night there (I love the sound of a crying infant btw) it was very quiet. I was a little upset that my TV wasn't working properly. First my Apple TV didn't work which the front desk guy told me could be a compatibility issue but then I couldn't order any in-room movies. I was told that television was not working properly and they comped me for another meal. The pre-made sandwiches and cupcakes were delicious and the breakfast was super nice. I enjoyed a croissant with Munster cheese, mushrooms and egg, Belgian waffles, oatmeal with brown sugar, granola and cranberries and orange juice. They had a bunch of different food options though and it all looked well-prepared and delicious.

The television issue aside, there were a couple of other things that was a little frustrating like the 24/7 kitchen being closed at 1 am Friday morning because the lady wasn't there. My boyfriend drive for 5 hours from Lubbock and arrived at midnight hungry and tired. Most of the restaurants we tried to order from didn't deliver late and/or was closed and we were too beat to go out. We wanted to try a mushroom Swiss burger and roadhouse chili from the hotel kitchen but it wasn't opened. We ended up eating sandwiches and chips from the pre-made cooler. Another thing was the fire alarm. Sunday morning at 7 am, I'm sleeping and hear a startling siren and a male voice in my room. I jump up and from this speaker above the bed, a voice is saying to exit the building using the stairwell. It's chilly out and the other hotel occupants are standing around, some wet from working out, some bare-foot. My boyfriend had just fixed a plate of his breakfast that was at the table waiting to be eaten. We stood out for a few minutes before we were told we could go back in and w/ the hotel elevators still not working, everyone gathered into the stairwell to go to our rooms.

I would give this hotel a 9 out of 10 because although there were a few hiccups, it was a great place and a nice experience. The wifi was nice and I liked the security of needing a password to log-in. Some people are never satisfied no matter what and will complain about the smallest stuff but I'm not one of those. This is an honest review of my experience with the hotel and I would recommend it to others. I will be staying here again both in Dallas/Las Colinas and in other locations.

Note: no laundry facilities on site but was told we could go to their sister hotel, The Holiday Inn a mile away and use their facility. We opted not to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

As the new General Manager at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to thank you for your review. I understand that issues while traveling can be very frustrating. I have addressed your concerns with my team. I hope that next time you are in the Dallas area that you will stay with us again. Thank you again for your feedback.