“Best Sub $100 Hotel in DFW”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 25, 2013

LIKES:
Superior service. Spacious rooms. Clean. Attention to detail. Wired rooms. Above average free breakfast. Full coffee bar. Great rewards program. Friendly staff. Full service bar. 24-hour kitchen. Great location.

DISLIKES:
Feather pillows. Bar is a little pricey, but not over the top.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bcchristopher
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your feedback. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the Dallas area.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times. The first time I liked it so much that whenever I visit my Dallas office I book this hotel.

Pros:
1. Many restaurants across the street
2. Very big room, it was a 1BHK setup. The kitchen had refrigerator, utensils, microwave oven etc.
3. Hotel has laundry room, you dont need to pay for those high laundry service charges. You can wash and dry here for $4-$5
4. Big LCD TV, I guess 52"

Cons:
1. Doesnt provide pickup and drop to the airport

Room Tip: Take higher floor as this one has just 3 floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank aadiit
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you on one of your future trips to Dallas!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas during a business trip, and I was not let down with my employer's choice of hotel for me. The suite I stayed in was huge: kitchen with oven, fridge, counter space; living room with sofa, chair, table, LCD TV; bedroom with Queen bed and LCD TV; ample closet space; bathroom with powerful hot shower. It was quite a relaxing retreat after some long work days!

The free breakfast in the morning was great every day I was here. Think continental breakfast on steroids; typically fruit, juices, cereal, bagels/toast, sausage, and eggs, with a few local extras every day as well.

Lastly, the location. Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas is near multiple highways and business parks, as well as a shopping plaza a couple miles to the North and a handful of *very* delicious restaurants a quick walk across the street. All that plus a gas station nearby with snacks and cans of Shiner make this a convenient location indeed!

Room Tip: Second floor gives a slightly better view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank walasavagephoto
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a restful stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Dallas area.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Love the breakfast and the TV's in the rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great location close to the airport. Business center computers are perfect to print boarding passes and the Internet works great

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mdfle585

As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Dallas area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm not one for ranting and raving over the free breakfasts offered at hotels. I remember when hotels first started offering continental breakfasts in the 1970's as a novelty, and seen it morph into an expectation of several chains. I usually take advantage of these for the convenience, and price considerations when traveling with family. This place changed my mind.

The free continental breakfast 'entrees' were excellent -- -better than what I would have (and have) paid handsomely for in a cafe. Various styles of egg, bacon and ham mixes with herbs and spices over croissant, bagels, and muffins. It was a truly unique breakfast way to start the day! They really went the extra mile on this.

Hotel was fine for what I would expect for Hyatt Place. Friendly people and clean. I did get an accessible room which usually is not a problem. In this case the ironing board was broken, and although I asked I never got another one. I wasn't persistent - I was okay with less ironing.

Nice Job! I will probably stay here again on my next stay to Irving.

1  Thank ilpiccs
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. The issue with the broken iron has been addressed. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My stay was excellent. Quick check in process, friendly and knowleable staff, clean room. The hotel offers a 24 hr menu and a small bar area. No need to leave the hotel in the evening for dinner. The food was very good and they had a pretty good selection of beer and spirits. Their shuttle took me to work and to a nearby pharmacy. I did not use my rental car all week long. Stressfree - all the way. Will stay there again when in the area.

1  Thank Cohe3456
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for writing a review. Our new Flatbread dishes are popular with our guests. Next to beer and spirits we also offer a good selection of white and red wines. I am glad that your stay with us was stress free. Let our complimentary shuttle do the driving for you.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a much better stay than I expected. The hotel is clean, feels new and the staff was very helpful. The only thing I would change is the breakfast waffle maker was slow and had to wait. The selection of food was good and they have PEPSI, hard to find in Dallas :) at a hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have the corner sofa unit and desk area, we were mid section and it was nice and quite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will make some changes to eliminate the waiting time for our blueberry waffles. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.