New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas

Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Irving
new haven
“OK hotel but watch your credit card”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently stayed there for one week. The hotel was kept clean & tidy. The A/C in the room is a little loud, but otherwise there were no other interferences. They have a ' green' policy & hang tags encouraging you to have your linens replaced every 3 days instead of daily. I did not partake of this of course, but that is your option.

Like dbagleyr says down below, watch out for your credit card. The front desk clerk asked me for my CC ( in case I needed to charge a movie or something ) and never returned it. He handed me my room key & in my rush I forgot about my CC. When I returned from the elevator ( short walk ) to get he told me he didnt have it ... well neither did I. I immediately canceled it. Someone said they saw him make a cell phone call as soon as I left the desk. Otherwise the staff was very courteous & helpful. I left my sweater in the lobby during breakfast & called later to see if they found it & to ask if they would hold it. The clerk offered to take it to my room. With todays level of svc. I was shocked that someone would take the extra step.

They are located near a variety of restaurants & stores. About 10 minutes from the airport. They have a decent gym room with new equipment & they also have a pool. The breakfast was good. Everything was made fresh. There was 'home made' waffles & eggs and plenty of fruit. I did not try any of the other food, but i heard it was very good as well. They definitely need a new brand of coffee though. If you are a woman. I would definitely bring my own hair dryer as theirs is sub-par. Other than losing my credit card, the stay was very nice.

Room Tip: The front faces to a highway, so i would recommend a back room. Also the bottom floor in the back of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. I hope that you have enjoyed your stay. I would like to get more information regarding the check-in process. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Recently stayed here before a flight out of DFW. Roomy with a little sitting area with a couch that is great for all of us to watch TV. Good breakfast options in the next morning. Will definitely consider this hotel before my next flight out. We had the pool to ourselves and a crazy north wind in June was freezing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Why pay for parking at the airport? Leave the driving up to us. We will take you right to the terminal. Our shuttle runs 7 days a week, between 7am and 10pm.
El Portal, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Hyatt Place Las Colinas has been my home away from home for a while now. The staff is great and greeted me by my name after ony previous stay. They know my room preference and the check in process is quick. The rooms are spacious. I never had a cleanliness issue. Once my TV wasn' t working but they had that fixed in no time. The hot breakfast items are great. The Gold Passport points post to my account on time, that is important to me.

Unless my company will send me to a different project, this is where I will stay in Las Colinas

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for making the Hyatt Place Las Colinas your home away from home. We appreciate you staying with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please let me know. Wolfgang Pazem, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Super friendly staff, clean, well maintained rooms, huge excercise rroom, good variety of restaurants nearby . My room was quiet only the room's AC unit was a bit noisy. The hotel's van took me to work and airport.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us an I hope that you come back to see us, as we will be happy to have you back! Team Hyatt Place Las Colinas
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am very glad that my company booked me at the Hyatt Place in Las Colinas. It was definitely a fun and very comfortable place to stay on a work trip. The entire staff was personable and cheerful. I even got a free tour of the facility upon arrival. My room was spotless, comfortable, and very large. The design of the room was neat as well. The tv pivots to either the bedroom or the large sofa area depending on where you are watching from. The breakfast in the am was a good mix of warm and cold items. Plus, it had Starbucks coffee.

The hotel is in the heart of all of the many businesses that make up Las Colinas so its easy to get anywhere. The hotel offers a free shuttle anywhere within 5 miles and to the airport so that was a big plus. The drivers rotate but like the front desk staff they are all really nice. Ask to head to the shopping area across the highway to try out some excellent restaurants. My favorite was Taco Diner; great drinks and delicious Mexican food. Plus there's a Staples in case you need some supplies for an upcoming presentation. The shuttle can even take you to a strip mall with a Ross and TJ Maxx in case you need some shopping therapy.

Overall, I would recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone. It is a really lovely hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your review, which I have shared with my staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a very pretty hotel. Becareful of unauthorized charges! Bed is comfortable. They overcharged my credit card and no one has responded to my complaint. The room was dirty. Nice view but a little tricky to get to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank dbagleyr
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. Hyatt Place is a smoke free hotel. A sign informing guests about our smoking policy and the fee associated with smoking is located in all of our guestrooms. During my research of your review I learned that evidence of smoking in your room had been reported and that a letter informing you of the fee had been placed in your room.
Bay Area, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hyatt Place itself is a fine hotel to stay, but during my trip we experienced the following issues:

*System was down, front desk could not check anyone in so there was a large group of folks that had to wait for several hours.
*Every day the bar was out of mixers such as orange juice, cranberry juice, basic ingredients for drinks that were on their menu.

Room Tip: Bring your own mixers!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. While most of our reviews indicate that we provide a quick check-in process, in this case we had to check in our guests without the support of or property management system. While we are prepared for situations like that, I have to admit, it does take longer. Please accept my apology for the delay in getting you checked in.