Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Chamblee, Georgia, United States
“Disappointing -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Noisy room 1 night, no heat the 2nd night. Food and beverage at manager's reception were subpar. Not sure I will stay at this location again. Also, not very pedestrian friendly. Hard to walk from lobby to room.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the highway, maybe in the B building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
PHILLIPSBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for Business in Feb. It was conveniently located to the airport, the office location and to my customer's site. The room, although a bit out of date, was nicely maintained and everything worked. They had bath and body works shampoo and conditioner, which was nice. I was amazed that they provide both breakfast and dinner in the cost of the room. I wasn't able to take advantage of dinner due to prior commitments but I peaked at the offerings and it seemed like a really good menu. They also include beer and wine for dinner, which is a huge plus! Breakfast was nicely done, with the standard offerings. The staff was very kind and helpful. FREE WI-FI really helped me get work done after meetings. I wish I had stayed in summer, as they have an outdoor pool that I would have loved to enjoy. The property is a bit sprawling with several different small buildings but overall that didn't hamper my visit at all. I will book this hotel again for my next visit FOR SURE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in December 2012. I was traveling on business, and the hotel was within a couple of miles of where I would be meeting every day. The hotel is your average Homewood suites with all the typical amenities: free breakfast, nightly dinner, etc. The hotel staff were friendly and professional, and the hotel was well-maintained. My only complaint is that the hotel gym didn't open until 6:00 am. As a business traveler, I don't see how this opening time accommodates the average business customer. Most business travelers are out on the road by 7:30 or 8:00 am. That leaves very little time to work out in the morning with a 6:00 am opening. A 24 hour gym would be more appropriate, in my opinion. Other than that, no major complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LCDuck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton in Irving/Las Colinas. I am very sorry you were not aware that our gym is open 24 hours a day. Since our gym is located away from guests’ suites; we have the opportunity to keep ours open around the o’clock.
Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you when you are back in our area.
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

After my terrible stay at a studio6 I decided to book here at homewood suites in Irving/Las Colinas. It was a beautiful location, friendly staff. and not to mention they provide breakfast and dinner. They have a nice taken care of pool, fitness room and a small basketball hoop. Also a nice walking area with a waterfall. I booked a king one bedroom suite. Upon entering I noticed all the high end furnishings. The kitchen had granite tops, lots of dishes, very nice appliances. Clean room, nice sofa and 2 flat screen LCD Tv's. Its very quiet. The bathroom also has granite tops with a spacious shower. The bed is a comfy pillow top with lots of pillows. The bedroom has a nice ceiling fan. I would book this again any day of the week. They even have movies on demand and games for kids. The only downfall to this location is there is not a gas station or store within walking distance, but there are a few small places to eat near by. If you have a car its not really an issue.

Room Tip: Great clean place to stay. Very updated and I highly recommend especially if you need a full kitchen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here a little over a year ago and swore I would never be back. I wouldn't be, except I ended up having to travel with a coworker who booked this hotel. I warned him about the stairs but he didn't care, since his wife had stayed here and had not complained.

Anyway, the good: plenty of electrical connections to charge your cell phone or run your laptop.
The area seems nice.
Food was standard for the brand, not bad but nothing special either,

The bad: Too many stairs! It is really inconvenient to bring your luggage to your room bacause there are stairs everywhere.

Internet kind of slow: Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 779 kbps (97.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 408 kbps (51 KB/sec transfer rate)

Outlets don't work when you turn off the lights. I ended up unscrewing the buib instead.

Rooms are a little "worn."

Room Tip: Buildings B and E seem to give you the best chance of getting a room without having to climb stairs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Benton, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I selected this hotel for several reasons, but the major reason was for it's location. It is in a very nice area (Los Colinas) and is close to most of the Dallas attractions.

The second reason, was that this is a Hilton product. We were greeted with the fact that they are working around the building and there is no water. We were placed in building "b" and there were very few parking places, and no handicap parking on the some we needed to be. Upon entry into the hallway, you are immediately hit with a smell and can tell that the building is aging, unlike the nice lobby where you checked in.

The bed coverings in our room had "red stains" on them. I don't even want to venture to guess what that may have been. I had to call and ask for new bed coverings which was taken care of. The bathroom was small and the tub was aged and probably can't get it clean. Just an old, dirty appearance. I had taken someone special here for a gift and was embarrassed once we got into the room. I was disappointed in this Hilton product.

• Stayed February 2013
Southwest Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel and I was totally satisfied.

Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was spacious; it was a suite with a separate bedroom and TVs in both the bedroom and the living room. There is a small kitchen area and while I did not use it, it was clean and all the appliances seemed fairly new. The bathroom was very spacious and I love the fact that the actual bathroom was separate from the sink and closet area. I was alone this time, but if you're traveling with someone and sharing a room, it's so convenient to have a separate wash area from the bathroom.

The TVs worked fine, with a good assortment of HD channels.

I did eat breakfast there at the free breakfast buffet and both days found the selection to be more than adequate. You have a combination of hot and cold breakfast foods, with coffee and juices.

If you're staying in this area, I would highly recommend this hotel. But if you use GPS to get here, be aware of the fact that your GPS might refer to a highway by its formal name, although all the signs refer to highways by numbers For example, I did not know that Highway 114 is also called the "John W. Carpenter Freeway." It caused a little confusion for me and I actually got lost on my way to the hotel from the airport.
The overall hotel was clean and inviting. The lobby was large and the breakfast area seemed to have enough seating for a large number of guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business