“Easy Access to Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Brand New Homewood, great rooms, pool and gym. Large food area, and excellent breakfast and evening dinner. Easy access to DFW airport and downtown Dallas.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank kayla73

Reviewed December 13, 2007

I stayed at this Homewood Suites almost 13 years ago for an extended period of time, and the property has maintained its composure. The grounds were nicely groomed and their employees are friendly. The suite in which my family stayed was a bit smaller than I remembered . We had a king studio. I would say that the Homewood suites chain has a size variance between properties. I have stayed in other Homewoods and there is a difference. Overall, our suite was clean and tidy. No regrets in chosing to stay here. Breakfast was quality considering it is complimentary. We had hot eggs and pancakes available to us, and an arrangement of pastries, etc. The only negative to this property is that it is not within walking distance to anything. If one doesn't have a car, I did see shuttle service available. Shopping and eating were a short drive.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank fquinter
Reviewed October 8, 2007

This hotel was actually booked erroneously. I had intended to book the DFW Homewood Suites and instead set up the package for this location as part of a prepaid non-refundable package. However, after reading the subsequent TripAdvisor reviews of the DFW location, and completing our stay at the Irving-Las Colinas Homewood Suites, I was quite pleased that I got the two mixed up.

This hotel is in an easily accessible part of Irving known as Las Colinas. It's a nice community that boasts high-rise condos and storefronts; in many ways it could be described as a clean Arlington or Rosslyn, Virginia (though traffic is much better in Las Colinas).

We were in town primarily for a Dallas Cowboys game, and the hotel was about as convenient as could be expected to Texas Stadium without being lodged directly across from it. Access was a short two miles from the hotel down TX 114. It
also makes a good central homebase for exploring downtown and north Dallas and for Fort Worth.

As for the facility itself, it was in great shape. The room was clean and very comfortable. Staff was courteous and efficient. The breakfast may have been the only less-than-stellar feature, but it was certainly adequate. The powdered eggs didn't bother me, but I did hear a comment or two about their manufactured flavor. At least there are condiments to allow making your own huevos rancheros, which lessens any powdered taste remnants.

The only inconvenience was the closing of a gate to the pool area, which necessitated our walking halfway around the perimeter of the facility to access the lobby.

I cannot speak to the presence of business services, such as in-room internet, because this was a trip for leisure, and I, for once, bit the bullet and left the computer at home. Cell phone reception was fine.

All in all, this is an excellent place to stay for leisure. We definitely will be staying here again when we return to the Dallas area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank redwolf87
Reviewed August 7, 2007

My mother and i had a very nice stay this past week- The hotel is located in one of the first 'master planned communities' in the nation and if you have a chance, you must take some time to explore the canal and lake carolyn areas. This kind of development in the late 80's was way ahead of its time, and is still lightyears ahead of most development.

the hotel was quaint and very comfortable.- there were a few areas in the bathroom that needed a little more attention (corners and etc) but all in all..it was clean and well kept. staff was BEYOND friendly and helpful- and the breakfast was better than most mid price hotels.

i would recommend this hotel for ease of access to downtown, stadium, and airport--- and the history that surrounds it. very cool.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank awahine
Reviewed July 14, 2007

I found this property online and looked at tripadvisor to see how people rated it. No one mentioned the problem we encountered. The hotel is nice but it seems to have been built in a big hole. Because of this fact, our mobile telephones NEVER had any service. We could not receive calls nor make calls in our rooms. We even went up to the office/reception area and there was no service. I asked several other guests about this "no service" and they said they had the same problem. The only time I could get service was when I stood out in the main street and then I couldn't hear because of all the noise from the traffic. Who wants to go outside and stand in the street at night to make calls? For this reason, ( a MAJOR inconvenience ) I would not stay at this hotel again and I would never recommend it to anyone else who needs to be in touch with family, friends or their business. However, if being "out-of-touch" does not bother you, then the hotel is ok. It is hard to find a two-bedroom suite. This hotel has 6 but they are very small. Ours had a king bed in one room, a sofa bed in the living room, and two double beds in the very small second bedroom. ( this room was small, dark and had nothing in it but a tv and two beds). The kitchen was small but adequate. There was a dining room table which would seat 3 people ( only 3 chairs) and a tv and another chair in the living room. Not much for the price we paid. The hotel offered a free breakfast every morning but it was horrible and free afternoon snacks. I wish I could say this was a really good place to stay but it just wasnt. It is far from restaurants, malls and places of entertainment. The staff is nice and try to be helpful. I wish I could say that I would stay there again, but I know I never will and I will discourage my friends from staying there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank casalinda2000
Reviewed July 3, 2006

This is a relatively older hotel built not later than 1989. I had a short stay there during early July 2006. Last I was there was in May 2000. I went there this time because in 2000 when I stayed there for 5 days I had a pretty good experience in their C block.

This time I was put up in a one bedroom suite in their B block. The suite was old and the dingy bathroom looked awful with old dirty tiles. The A/C made quite a lot of noise during the night. The room had a stale smell which I found nauseating.

They serve free breakfast which was good. Suite had all necessary kitchen utensils readily available.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank erase.ego
A TripAdvisor Member
Allentown, PA
Reviewed April 24, 2006

I travel every third week and usually for the whole week. I often enjoy staying at various locations during a trip but this time I decided since Dallas is a big place, let's just stay in one location for the week. I am so glad I did. This place is great. Friendly and it created a family atmosphere for the happy/hour dinner they'd have. Great rooms, beds, shower, etc.... Good location too, close to airport and major roads. Close to any good place to eat and even a happenin club I think called the Cool River.

Stayed: April 2006