“Fair to Good Homewood Suites, very quiet and good night's sleep”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Houston, TX
“Fair to Good Homewood Suites, very quiet and good night's sleep”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites the 1st Saturday in July. I've actually stayted here before, travelling to Irving, TX on business. The reason why I like this hotel is that I always get a good night's sleep. The rooms are quiet and the beds are very comfortable. It's perfect for a business traveller. Also, this property offers VERY GOOD weekend rates (as low as $89). Food is about the same as the other Homewood Suites. They were doing some remodeling on the floor I was on so the fumes were pretty strong.
Overall, this is an average Homewood Suites. That being said, I stay at Homewood Suites whenever possible. I've travelled all over the country for business and pleasure and Hilton Homewood Suites consistently delivers a good night's sleep. It's not the most luxurious hotel but they are consistent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I recently attended a family reunion at your hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious, the meeting area was more than adaquate and the full breakfast was great! Service was excellent. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservations
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NJ
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed here last week while in town on business. We had five people and this was the best possible situation that we could have had if we all wanted our own beds. The rooms were nice enough, but we ran into a couple of problems during our stay. We needed the two bathrooms, and for a majority of our stay, the one shower was not working despite having workman coming three times to look at it. The staff at the hotel seemed to try to do well, but ultimately failed. For example, had I not printed a confirmation, I would have been charged nearly $1,000 more for my hotel room since they still use a calculator to calculate the rate instead of actually looking up your confirmation. The front desk person seemed pretty embarrassed when I showed them the mistake. Also, when leaving, they tried to call me a cab but after being on hold for 15 minutes with the same company, I wound up calling on my own. Everything else was fine though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank s0607427
Missouri
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was my first time at this particular Homewood. My family usually look for Homewoods because of the suites it is nice to have two TVs while in the room because of us having small kids. It is also nice they feel like they have a space and we feel like we have a space they take up the living area. The suite at this one was a little smaller then some. We arrived late and check in was a breeze. We got to the suite which was in another building it is set up kind of like apartment buildings. When we got in there classical music was blasting from the radio very loudly. That kind of made us think someone else was already in there. We went in turned off the radio and brought in out things. There was an outside door we had to go in before we got to our room. There was one thing that grossed us out there was dried blood ont he back of the bathroom door. It was gross but was on the back of the door so they probably hadn't checked that side when they cleaned. We cleaned it will sanitizer and went about unpacking because we had arrrived at 11 at night. We were all tired and ready to get to sleep. The area was very nice pretty upscale I felt safe there. The sweet was nicely done and smelled fresh the bed was clean and comfy and so was the pull out the kids slept on. No complaints. We stayed two nights and didn't make it to breakfast the first morning but we did the second. Breakfast was okay. Oatmeal, eggs, sausage, toast muffins, yogurt, and fruit your pretty typical Hilton breakfast. The sausage was a little hard the juice was a little watered down and the fruit didn't have alot of flavor but all in all decent and edible. Check out when smoothly. Construction at this time in the area is a little confusing. There was not wifi in the suites I was lucky enough to be close to the main lodge and was able to pick up on it off and on the internet cable in the room didn't seem to be working.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I stayed at the Homewood Suites off Las Colinas for its somewhat close proximity but mostly being really close to the Oracle Plaza off Las Colinas Blvd. I am a HHonors Gold VIP so picking this hotel was normal for me. 36 Hours before arrival, I did e-Check In and selected room 126. I got a Accesible 1 King Bed Room (dont know why Accesible) and it was close to the lobby and clean and comfortable. The room was large and very roomy and already gave you popcorn, water, and cookies. There is multiple buildings to the hotel so being in the same building as the lobby was very convenient. I arrived to late for the Dinner but did eat the breakfast which was on par to a Hampton Inn. I was only at the hotel for about 10 hours so I didn't need much. I would choose the hotel again if the Marriott wasn't available because it is even closer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AustinBeach001
Friendswood, TX
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed here with my husband and father-in-law. You could tell the motel has undergone a renovation. The rooms were definetelly adequate in size and all the amenities we needed were provided. The staff was very accommodating. Because my father-in-law has a hard time walking long distances and stairs, we requested a downstairs room. You could definetely hear the people upstairs everytime they walked, so I'd recommend a top floor room. It's also hilly, so if you have difficulty walking stairs, you migtht have trouble. I'd definetely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I love Homewood Suites and have stayed at properties all over, this is by far the
best Homewood Suites property I have stayed at. I read a few older reviews that said the Hotel was "worn", apparently they have done refurbishing since then because this property was perfect.
The room was huge, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, one King bedroom and the other was 2 double beds, 2 bathrooms, a living room and kitchen. Very tastefully decorated, we had a great weekend rate of $118 for the 2 room suite.
Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!