“Clean rooms & efficient check & great breakfast”

Hampton Inn Dallas - Irving - Las Colinas
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Irving
dallas, texas
“Clean rooms & efficient check & great breakfast”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had recently stayed at the Hampton Inn - Addison, Tx, which was a nice hotel, but the Hampton Inn Las Colinas, proved to be much nicer. Although, it was roughly $20+, the location was very convenient for my needs and close to 114 and other highways. I checked in late in the evening and the clerk was polite and efficient. I received a double bed and the room was nice and clean and had sufficient towels. The amenities in the room are up to date, flat screen tv, desk, etc. My only issue that I encountered was a lack of electrical outlets in the room, I had to switch out gadgets to let them all charge while I was using them, but that is nothing major for me. The room had a fridge and a microwave, which allowed me to take leftovers from my Thanksgiving meals to my room. The staff was courtesy and the breakfast was nice and hot with a great selection - bacon, eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, cold cereal & waffles, the normal selection. Overall this was a very pleasant stay and well worth the additional dollars in comparison to the Hampton Addison location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel prior to a late morning flight. There was a line of four people ahead of us, but the front desk clerk was quick and efficient. The room was very clean. Their breakfast was good. The area is in a nice business park/neighborhood area and felt very safe. It was less expensive than the Hampton Inn that is closer to DFW, but we drove the back roads to the airport in about ten minutes. I would absolutely recommend this Hampton for anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
YYZ/BUF
Reviewed October 27, 2012

In DFW for 3 nights i did some hampton hopping and stayed here two of the three nights.
Front desk staff courteous and friendly. Check in was a breeze.
Rooms were Hampton style as expected with flat screen tv, bar fridge microwave and desk.
Did not use the outdoor pool due to cooler weather.
This hotel is located in a clean and newer area of the Dallas suburbs with several other hotels and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is currently under renovations so please keep that in mind when booking your stay. It was a decent Hampton Inn - I have stayed at nicer ones before. The construction didn't bother me because they are trying to make the hotel better for future visits. The free breakfast is nice to quick grab something before your days starts. Close to the airport and freeway too.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had just left a Hampton Inn for the previous 3 days that was a complete disaster. I was pleasantly surprised at the staff and the facility. This hotel is under renovation which makes it hard to meet the needs of the customers. As I was checking in, I did not see a luggage cart and asked where they stored them. At first she told me maybe down the hall by the elevator, but then she went out of her way to go and get it for me which I appreciated as I had experienced an extremely long and taxing day. The room was clean with several cards out asking for my opinion on the maintenance as well as the housekeeping. I like this as this means they are not afraid of what they might hear and obviously want customers to be happy with there stay. This hotel is near many restaurants and fast food places which makes it very convenient as a business traveler that doesn't want to go far to eat at the end of the day. I will return here often as I come to the Irving area frequently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KC
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I chose this hotel based off of the reviews I read on trip advisor and I have to admit I totally agree. We had a wonderful stay and the beds were oh so comfortable. The Front desk associate Michelle was ray of sunshine and the gentleman that brought our extra pillows was extremly pleasant. Usually the night staff is on the lazy side but not this crew. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the Irving/Dallas area. Also got a great deal from the Hilton Honors site along with my AAA discount unbeatable!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CityGurlKC
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice in 9 years. Call it either bad luck or coincidence, but I had the same issue happen twice on two separate stays.

The staff doesn't seem to save changes in the system. Both times I have checked in with issues. The first time 9 years ago they had no record of me checking in at 3pm on Friday afternoon and never had housekeeping come by Saturday because I wasn't checked in.

This week I checked in at 10 pm. I asked the front desk to move my room further away from the elevator because of noise and traveling with my young daughter (which they nicely did). Someone tried to enter my room at 1 am with a key (luckily my chain on the door was latched). At 7 am the front desk called asking who I was and why was I in that room. They had no record of anyone in that room.

The manager comped our room, but bad luck for me in this hotel. Make sure the staff SAVES your room info in the system!

Room Tip: Don't change your room at check in. Someone may visit you in the middle of the night unexpected.