Tripadvisor
Irving
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews hampton inn front desk dfw airport the rental car return long stay room was clean the shuttle driver oatmeal next morning the breakfast area king suite would definitely stay here again convenient location easy access booked this hotel home away from home complimentary breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel for two nights for the weekend of the 2019 Cotton Bowl. We had never stayed at a Home2 Suites before and were extremely impressed with our King Bed Studio Suite (non-smoking) room #215. The hotel is only three miles south of the DFW Airport and was about 15 minute drive to the AT&T Stadium. The room was divided into four functional areas: (1) a living room/seating area with queen-size sofa bed, dresser, high definition TV, table and chair, (2) kitchen with full-size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, flatware, microwavable cookware, coffeemaker and toaster, (3) bathroom with large walk-in shower with plenty of hot water and water pressure, hair dryer, and (4) bedroom with king size Serta Suite Dreams bed with microfiber sheets, high definition TV, iron and ironing board, dresser, and desk with chair. You also get free breakfast (my husband loved the hot artisan sandwiches), free self-parking, free airport shuttle, and free WiFi. I had read on the irvingtexas.com website that this hotel had partnered with the Aspen Creek Restaurant (right next door) and that you could get 10% off vouchers at the hotel front desk. We ate there both nights (fabulous food and service). Overall, we will stay at a Home2 Suites again!!!

Room tip: Room 215 was excellent.
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here last fall and loved it. This trip was very different. When we arrived at our room the door was open and we didn't feel very secure. After showering I reached for a towel and knocked a hand towel over. It had a mess of brown streaks on it which I hope were just makeup smeared on the towel. The sheets had an overwhelming smell of bleach and the room was very hot and muggy. The final straw however was breakfast. The attendant spent her time on her phone speaking loudly in Spanish. Someone might let her know that some whites understand Spanish too. After we finished I cleared our table and carried the dishes to an empty cart near the trash. No sooner than I set them down she barked at me saying "Hey, those dont go there." and then told me to put them on a cart next to it. By far the rudest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. Next time I'll leave them on the table for her.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jacob B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton DFW Airport South Irving, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you so much for submitting a review for our Hotel. I apologize for the numerous issues that you experienced during your stay. We strive for a clean, comfortable and friendly stay for all of our guests and I will be discussing these issues with our team members to ensure that there is not a repeat of these events. Thanks again for being my eyes and ears so that we can fix these issues. I would love to discuss this with you, please call the property when time allows.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Although a mix up on or room reservation, Overall stay was great, very clean, and good variety of food for complimentary breakfast. I'm not sure how they make a mistake on reservations if you get email confirmation but we made the best of it. My husband is 6'2 and we ended up with a queen bed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2019

Carpet between bed and sofa smelled like urine. Advised the front desk and nothing was done. The next morning we told the cleaning staff and also nothing was done. Shower was dirty, hair dryer didn’t work.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Home2 Suites by Hilton DFW Airport South Irving, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Guide299778,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. These are not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

This Home2 Suites is fabulous. The bed is soft, the suites have literally everything you could possibly want or need, the staff goes out of their way to help you with any additional questions or assistance. Rooms are quiet and breakfast is one of the best I've had in a hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family