“Decent Choice Near the Airport”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The rooms are somewhat better than average for an airport Marriott. They seem to have been recently updated, there are sufficient electrical outlets and very good temperature controls. I had no problems with the wifi during my stay.

The concierge is solidly locked up during off-hours -- no card key access. A litle disappoitning in an airport hotel where guests arrive at all hours. That said, the hotel was well staffed at my late arrival time, and the staff were all professional at that hour.

Very little airport noise. However, the road noise from 114 was surprisingly audible in the morning hours.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is a nice option close to the airport with plenty of parking. I would avoid the restaurant for dinner since it seems to be more of a bar with food. We found the wait staff to be rude and the teaks we ordered the worst I have have had in Texas. However the ribe and tuna salad was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your steaks and you did not experience the level of customer service we strive to achieve. I passed along your comments to my Director of Food and Beverage who would very much like the opportunity to talk to you further regarding your recent visit, he can be reached at klaus.meier@marriott.com

I hope that if future travels bring you back to the Dallas area, you will give our restaurant another try.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here on March 27, 2014 for a meeting early the next day. Didn't take advantage of the complimentary airport shuttle as I had rented a car. Parking was plentiful and, most of all, free. Check in was quick and uneventful and I whisked myself to my room which was on the same floor. The room was fresh and clean. Like other proper Marriott properties, the bathroom could be a little bigger. My biggest gripe was the toilet paper. It was very thin and I wasn't provided a spare. The next morning I had breakfast in the concierge lounge on the 18th floor. The continental breakfast was very similar to those provided by their Fairfield or Springhill properties so nothing special there. It seems like everyone in the hotel was an elite member so there were no more seats to enjoy the breakfast. All in all, a pretty nice experience. I'd like to stay here next time I'm in Dallas and see if the nightmare stories of the airport shuttle are really true.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I am a gold elite and very loyal to Marriott. This is the worst stay I have had in 10 years. This includes other Marriott properties like Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn. Requested the shuttle and was placed on hold twice then told it would be 20 minutes. I noticed a red and white van 30 yards away and ran to find it was Marritt North DFW (my stay). At check in the line was out the door and only two people on staff. Called down twice to report this horrible lumpy matress pad on the bed and it rang and rang unanswered. Called to report this in the morning after a late night and the service attendant said this was an airport property And I could not expect the same type of service. Asked the head of housekeeping to come and see this awful matress pad - never came. I will get the GM on the phone but please know this is not worth the effort. Stay clear !! There are other airport choices and this is not typical Marriott service.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Sundoodlebug
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us after your recent visit to the Dallas area.

I appreciate you taking the time to personally discuss the situation with me on Friday afternoon. Your additional feedback helped me more fully understand your experience and provided me a great opportunity to coach our associates.

When future travels bring you back to Dallas we would be delighted to once again be your host.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

First let me say that this review will not cover the hotel or rooms at all other than to say everything was nice and just as good as it should be. The restaurant and bar however, was another story. I was attending a large company meeting held on site. There were also a number of other companies holding meetings during this time. So no surprise that there were a lot of hungry and thirsty business people there on a Monday.

Lunch: They really encourage you to eat their buffet lunch. And now I know why…if you order from the menu you're not only going to wait and wait and wait, there is a high likelihood you won't get what you ordered. We waited for SALADS for at least 45 minutes and when we got them, they didn't have half the ingredients listed on the menu. The waitress was exasperated since the kitchen was backed up to the max and messing up all the orders. She was in the weeds and even said we should report the issues to the hotel.

Bar: After meetings are over for the day, where does everyone head? To the bar of course. So no surprise again that there were tons of people looking for drinks. Not enough staff to handle it all, and one bartender (woman) was quite snippy. After waiting an eternity for service, I asked if they had Prosecco, she looked at me as if she's never heard of it. I then asked for champagne. Nope, none at the bar, but she went to check in the back and found some splits. Opened them up and served in a red wine glass because they don't have champagne glasses (really?). Then tasted it and gagged because it had gone bad, very bad. As had all the others they had. She said she was going to check in the back, but that took at least another 45 minutes and more than a few reminders that we still didn't have drinks. At that point, I was done and didn't care.

The next day after meetings ended, we headed to the bar again (we were a captive audience since the hotel has nothing else around it). Again, they were slammed. But we did have a very nice bartender (man) this time. BUT, they couldn't serve us any drinks because they had NO glasses. Wow. We ended up taking some paper coffee cups and asking for them to serve in them.

I have to say that the rest of the trip was good. The hotel was nice, the people who worked there were very nice. But the bar and restaurant need some serious improvements if they're going to make business people happy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank StaySixForever
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent visit.

Please accept my apology for your experience in our restaurant and bar. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service is our top priority and we failed to deliver this experience to you.

Your feedback is very valuable to us, and I have shared your experience with my Food & Beverage Director who would very much like to discuss our service failures in more detail with you. He can be reached at Klaus.meier@marriott.com.

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Dallas area, you’ll give us the opportunity to provide you the service you expect from Marriott Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We ended up stranded in Dallas during the recent Ice storm. All our bags with our warm clothes were kept by airline. I am a Marriott rewards member and stay at Marriott whenever possible. I called for the airport shuttle and was told where to wait. There with my family(2 small children). We waited in freezing cold weather for 45 min and still no shuttle. I called back and was told they were waiting for it to shop raining and warm up before sending their shuttle driver out????? Unreal. Took a $30 cab ride to go the 3 miles to the hotel. This is not the place to go if you are stranded or down on your luck.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Bob B, Front Office Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay at our hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that our shuttle service was not timely and that it negatively impacted your stay with us. I would have been frustrated as well to have to wait so long in the cold, especially while traveling with children.

I would love to gain some more information in order to better research and educate our staff. If you have a moment, would you please email me at Kristi.baird@marriott.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here over night due to early flight next day, glad I did it. Very reasonably priced, nice lobby, very helpful and accommodating service during check in. I requested room facing the back side, so it was very quite. It has an indoor and an outdoor pool. It's about 5 min to airport, 20 min to Dallas downtown, and there are restaurants in near by area. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to our hotel.

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our lobby and helpful and accommodating service. Many of our guests enjoy the convenience of our shuttle to get them to the airport, especially for those early morning flights.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
#30 of 206 in Dallas
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!