“Excellent Staff and Property - Would Stay Here Again!”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This Marriott did an excellent job for me during my three-night stay. Check-in was fast, and all contact with the staff was a positive experience. This property seems to be a hot-spot for convention/seminar/meeting traffic, so expect a bustling lobby during your stay. The Urban Spoon restaurant and lounge serves great food, and seems to be very active in the evening. Breakfast offers cook-to-order omelets, or a buffet-style egg breakfast plus a choice of healthy fare. The swimming pool (indoor/outdoor) and hot tub were adequate, and the gym is very well equipped for any traveler. This property offers shuttle service to/from DFW airport, and if you do not have a car, expect to pay a premium for local transportation...unless you are going downtown Dallas - in this case you can get there via a combination of airport shuttles and the TRE rail. You will be trapped here if you don't have a vehicle, and you refuse to pay min $40 for a cab ride!

I would certainly stay here again. It's a very nice and contemporary Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

I was glad to hear that check in was fast and friendly. We are very excited about our new Food and Beverage Outlet – Urban Spur; I am glad you enjoyed it as well.

We hope to be your host again if travel brings you back to the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for two nights at the beginning of November. We were attending a one day business conference and the rooms were paid for by the company putting on the conference. Someone else picking up the tab is always nice. Anyway, we checked in and the first thing we noticed were the smallish appearing beds. Our room had two beds and I'm sure they were supposed to be double size, but they sure didn't look like it. The room had a chair and small table and our room overlooked the pool area. The room had a coffee pot, flat screen tv with cable and HBO. The room was very nice and clean but small compared to most hotels. I don't think you could have put two queen beds in that room. It was quiet and the bathroom was nice as well.
The company had the hotel provide us breakfast outside our meeting room. They served eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns. They also provided pastries as well as fruit and vegetables. Wow, it was all very good. Could not have been any better. They also provided cookies and brownies and soft drinks outside our meeting room. It was very well done by the hotel staff. I must state also that the staff, all over the hotel, was very friendly and delightful to interact with. That always makes a stay just that much better for me.
On the morning we left we ate their breakfast buffet in the restaurant across from the check in counter. It was fantastic. They had eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns as well as pastries. They also had cereal, oatmeal, grits and you could make toast and they had fresh fruits and vegetables and I believe they could even make you special order eggs and such. It was great.
They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. They also have a hot tub and a pretty nice work out facility as well. We did not get to use any of these, but they were in nice shape and very well taken care of. Very nice landscaping around the outdoor pool are and good privacy from the public eye.
I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars due to the beds. They were much, much softer than any other hotel I have ever stayed at. Three of the four people in our party did not sleep well due to the softness of the beds. Had it not been for that, this hotel would have received a full 5 out of 5 stars. Great place and I would not mind going back again if given the chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice recap after your recent visit to our hotel. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I checked in last night to find the AC unit cover standing on the floor and sharp metal sticking out. I got a small scrape on my hand was afraid this thing would ruin my clothes. When I called the front desk they could not find a room that wasn't a downgrade and sent someone to fix it. OK - I'll change rooms tomorrow. Good news. I get a call that they can move me (Marriott Platinum member) to the member floor. Great. Well, the minute I walked into this room it smelled horrible like mold and/or sewer. I was beat, sprayed with Febreeze and spent the next 5 hours trying to sleep due to the horrible smell. At 4am I walked to the restroom to find the source of the smell - WET CARPET and to top it off I was sleeping on the mattress cover and not a sheet (Queen fitted sheet on a king bed). Now I have packed up for the SECOND TIME IN 10 hours and am waiting for Bob B or Andrew to call me. Apparently I am not important to management at this hotel. Shame on Marriott.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jannemummert
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review after your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad I had the opportunity to speak with you early the following morning about your experience at the hotel, and that we were able to provide a solution that was to your satisfaction.

I do hope that if future travels bring you back to the DFW area, you will give us the opportunity to provide you the service you have come to expect from Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Friendly staff, convienient to flights. Was happy with everything the hotel had to offer. Wish there had been some restaurants a little closer, but then again, it is outside of a major airport. will return!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and we will look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Holding a Marriott platinum premier card (one of those cards that makes a Customer feel important until something happens), and as I had a flight at 6:30 pm, I requested a late check-out by 3:00 pm and was told that it should have to be until 1:30 pm the lalest. Very early morning I woke up with the traffic noise outside and sometimes a plane or two taking off, really uncomfortable. Service in general was average but room service was good though. If I happen to visit Dallas again, I will definitely not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Because of outside traffic noise, avoid room 1726 or similar at the side of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ALEX R

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback after your recent stay with us. We truly value our guests' feedback and will review your comments with the rest of our staff in hopes to continually improve our product and services.

I do hope you'll give us the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I spent a night in this hotel and was very happy with it. It’s a bit worn but the staff were very friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable for me. My only complaint is that the bar didn’t have much in the way of healthy food to eat including condiments. Improve the food please since I will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit. I am glad you found our staff friendly, the room clean and the bed comfortable. I was disappointed that you did not find many healthy food options on our menu; I will share your comments with our Executive Chef.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had an overnight layover at the DFW airport and ended up staying here because it was close to the airport (about 5 minutes). I was completely blown away with the building and the room. When you walk in the building the lobby is gorgeous and the staff are super friendly. My room was on the 7th floor and even though it was so close to the airport I couldn't hear the planes nearby. The bathroom was so clean and the shower had such a good shower head. The toiletries are of the best quality. There were more pillows on my bed than I could ever use and the comforter was the most plush.

I thought the bottle of water in the room was a nice touch until I saw the little sign on it that said my room would be charged $3.50 if I opened it. Good thing I read that first. I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you made the decision to stay overnight with us. Your comments about our staff and lobby are just what we like to hear. I am glad that you found our bed comfortable and luxurious; we always feel it is important to get a good night’s rest when traveling.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#27 of 207 in Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!