Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$269
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungehertz rental carindoor outdoor poolnice hotelshuttle runsdallas fort worth airportamerican airlinesshuttle servicebusiness meetingmeeting roomstayed one nightnice roomgreat customer servicefront desk staffminute drivefree shuttlebed was very comfortable
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Same as any other domestic US Marriott. Oh for some local colour! Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and clean. But the hotel could be anywhere. I woke up after a long flight and had to check my cellphone to remember where I was. There was no clue in the room!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad you found our guestrooms spacious, comfortable and clean.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again if travels should bring you back to the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nicer than I expected for an airport hotel. Immediately adjacent to DFW. Bring earplugs if airplane noise will keep you awake.

In the middle of an industrial / office park. Virtually no dining choices outside the restaurant. The few that are in the area aren't really walking distance and many of the restaurants were closed on the weekend. But the hotel restaurant was (to my surprise) pretty darn good. Cut above what I expected, for sure.

Free airport shuttle was quick and convenient.

Room Tip: Pool level had a walk out balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your meal in our new restaurant – Urban Spur. A lot of thought has gone into our menu and it features a wonderful selection of dishes; including Texas beef, seafood and healthy options which we feel will appeal to all our guests. Your comments are exactly what we like to hear.

We look forward to being your host on future travels to the DFW Area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My checkin was awesome. I arrived late and the gentleman at the counter was very polite and gracious. For that, at least, thank you!

ALL bad from there. :-(

The rooms are bad. They're very dated and feel like you step back in time to the 70's. My nightstand had bathroom hand towels on them. Why? The shower was gross with a film of grime on the curtains. I did really like the linens on the bed and slept super well!

Breakfast at their restaurant tasted great and they had great coffee. However, their wait staff was just unprofessional. Random weirdness from inappropriate comments regarding current events playing on their televisions to inappropriate comments regarding "dirty photos" and computers.

The worst of my experience was when I tried to get to a sister Marriott property less than 3 miles away. I was staying there due to availability issues at Marriott's suggestion. I asked if they could run me there on one of their shuttles (Marriott to Marriott less than 3 miles away) and they refused. The blonde lady at the reception desk had a smug, do not care attitude. After asking for a taxi, I discovered they have no taxis around. They told me my only option was a car service. The price they told me was $20 for a 3 mile ride. Unbelievable! I was literally stuck. Unable to get to their other Marriott hotel. :-( :-( :-(

I travel very, very frequently and have never had such a poor experience. STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

I am glad that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel, however, I was very disappointed to hear that the remainder of your stay was less than stellar. I would very much appreciate some additional information and hope that you could call me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you. Bob Bula, General Manager (972) 929-6560.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed Sept. 13, 2013

The front desk staff was superb. I wish I had taken names to let the management know how much I appreciated them. I was warmly greeted and quickly processed by the female front desk staff. Professional all the way I was given my room preference. I appreciate when the staff cares enough to ask and is able to accommodate.

The male front desk clerk got a luggage cart unloaded my vehicle and brought my 6 travel cases to my room. He noticed I had a bag with soft drinks and offered to get me ice. He had a great attitude and was professional and friendly.

The room was very nice. It was obviously cleaned and prepared to a very high standard.

I wish they still made hotels like this one. Cement floors and soundproofed walls made it the quietest hotel room I've stayed in for a long time. The bed linens were premium and the bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice flat screen TV and a mini fridge.

My only complaint would be the toilet lever needed to be held down to flush. The only reason I mention this is that when I was checking out someone else was telling the clerk about the same experience.

I would be very happy to return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review after your recent visit to our hotel.

I am glad you encountered our friendly and professional front office staff and they were able to take good care of you.
We take great pride in our hotel and wonderful staff so it is always nice to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Missed our connection due to a storm closing the airport. Glad the Marriott was there. Greeted warmly and sympathetic to our plight. Great to have a clean, comfortable room with a hot shower! Our only problem was having to pay for internet service. It would have been perfect if it had been provided so that I could have notified family and associates of our delay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your unplanned visit to our hotel.

We realize that missing connections and travelling can be exhausting and stressful so I am glad we were able to provide a clean, comfortable room and hot shower for the evening.

I do hope that if you have future planned visits to the Dallas area, you will allow us to once again be your host.