“A very nice hotel!”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed April 28, 2008

This is a very nice hotel! I stayed here for one night, and it was an effortless stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, with very nice linens and great bath products. The room service was fast and delicious, and the hotel is very quiet and not at all stressful or hectic. The staff were attentive, but not obsequious. This is a highly rec'd hotel if you need to stay near DFW!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank whateverintexas

Reviewed March 29, 2008

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Marriot! I had stayed there before, but the recent remodeling gave it an extra WOW factor. The rooms were so luxurious and I felt really spoiled there. There is a flat screen TV, the beds or extra comfortable, the bathroom has granite countertops, and they have Bath and Body Shop amenities. I had a corner room with a balcony and enjoyed this very much, though there were no chairs to sit on. That would be my only complaint. I asked for some, but didn't get any, but they sent up a maintenance man to open the door to the balcony very shortly after I requested help. Also, corner rooms are a little smaller, but that was fine by me. Staff was great. They have always been accomodating to those who attended the conference I go to yearly. Some of the new decor in the lobby, halls and meeting rooms is a little garish though. The colors are hot-I'm talking bright red, turquoise, yellows, oranges, greens. Very tropical feel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank kady39
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This was a great hotel. The facility was very clean and the employees very attentive. My family and I stayed here during the Thanksgiving week. We were able to meet a few of the Dallas Cowboy players which made our stay more exciting. We really enjoyed the buffet and cook to order breakfast. We loved the sports bar which had excellent food (especially the wings). The only thing I would caution is the price of a pitcher of beer......$15.00 yikes that was righteous brews. Our visit to the Marriott was absolutely wonderful and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This hotel is nice and clean. It appears that the furniture and some of the amenities have been recently updated; and the toiletries were nice. Also I ilked that they gave away a couple of bottles of water in each room (probably costs the hotel only 50 cents, and made a nice impression, compaed with the hotel we stayed at the night before charging $4 a bottle). The staff was nice, although our waitress at Pitchers, the in-house tavern, was less than attentive. The buffet breakfast in their breakfast/lunch restaurant (Liberty grill?) was delicious.

We stayed here for a Cowboys game and were delighted with the entire Cowboys experience offerred by Marriott. We were able to meet and greet some of the players as they arrived at the hotel, which is a great way to spend an evening before the game!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank bacointhe04
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I stayed at the Marriott DFW for a week long business trip. Being an airport hotel I was quite impressed. The decor was very modern and the immenities were very nice. They have a well equiped gym with an abundance of machines so there was no waiting lines to use a machine.
They have an indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub. All in great cleanly condition.

The desk staff was so very friendly and they have shuttles available to take you to and from the airport. Wasn't a huge fan of room service, my food was cold on a couple of occassions and they charge their tip in the bill so I made the mistake of tipping a few times not knowing. So a $10 sandwhich bill soon turned into a $20 bill it seemed.

The restaurants in the hotel are great. I can't say so much for the service though. One of the waitress' was very rude to our table and acted like we were a huge inconvenience. We took it that she was having a bad day.

Being a solo lady traveler, they iimplemented the southern manners and put me on an ALL WOMEN's floor. This I found very interesting at first, but soon came to find out that it was more secure and had better immenities than the other rooms. So I was all for it! Overall though it was a great experience, I really enjoyed my room. Very large, beautiful decor, very clean and modern.It doesn't make you feel too far away from home.

I'd definitely recommend staying here, especially to long staying business travelers!

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank travelngal23
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I stayed 2 nights in the Marriott and found it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Like all Marriott hotels the bed was amazingly comfortable. To be honest I never ever want to leave the room when I stay at Marriott's because the beds are so cozy and the sheets are so soft.

The room was trendy with really pretty contemporary furnishings including a flat screen television and clock radio with MP3 attachments (great if you bring your IPOD). The carpet was really pretty and the bed had reading lights attached to the headboard for guests. Extra pillows were located in the closet and the bathroom included an assortment of Bath and Body Works products.

Parking was free and was located close to the airport (although I did not fly in). I knew several other guests who used their shuttle service and said that it was reliable.

I was in Dallas for a conference for the Dallas Cowboys so I got their rate of $99 per night. The hotel was located near Texas Stadium but that's pretty much all it was near except for the airport. The city of Dallas is so spread out though so you would find this just about anyplace in the Metro-area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank beckar00
Reviewed September 4, 2007

We were coming to Dallas/Fort Worth for a family wedding and reunion.

The wedding and party were being held at this hotel and for ease of travel we stayed here.

What a great hotel and accomodating staff. Free airport shuttle, beautiffuly redecorated rooms with plasma TVs, thick towels, and a luxurious bed and lots of extras - coffee and tea in the rooms, internet access, clock, radio, games and movies. Everything you need. The hotel has 3 restaurants on site, 24 hour room service and a great pool and outdoor patio area.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, Our return flight on Sunday was canceled and we had an extra 3 hours to kill until our new flight but the hotel allowed us a late-check out and access to the pools and patio while we waited. They then offered us free shuttle to the airport even after we had checked out hours before.

I would recommend this hotel to any family, business traveler or group coming to the area who does not need to stay int he "thick" of it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank IrishTrisha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#28 of 207 in Dallas
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!