“Great pre-flight hotel”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a great stay at the DFW north Marriott. We had a 5:45 am flight so we chose to stay here the night before. We were happy to have free parking for our vehicle while we were away on our trip, and they have a 24 hr shuttle to and from the airport that was very efficient. The hotel is really nice. Only downside is that because it is so close to the airport, you can here the planes coming in, but for me that was expected. If I was choosing a hotel for a nice vacation stay, etc..I would choose elsewhere just because of the plane traffic, but for pre trip travel it was perfect and I would highly recommend. The beds were super comfy as well...Thank you Marriott~

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Airport hotels are the bane of every business traveler's existence, so my expectations are never overly high, yet this Marriott was quite strong - and actually above the experience I've been having at Marriott properties recently. The front desk staff was very helpful at check-in, as well as providing guidance around the hotel. The rooms seemed larger than a typical hotel room and were very clean and functional - a bit more modern than the average Marriott. I was indeed here for a conference, and the conference room facilities were functional with above average in-house catered food. The only downside is that staff in the conference facility seemed a bit sparse. Setting that aside though, the room was better than expected, the shuttle service to the airport was timely (and actually took a group of us to the airport ahead of the scheduled shuttle time), and the staff was pleasant. Outside of the convenience of the two Hyatts on the airport property, I would recommend this hotel for business travelers staying on the north side of the airport.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I came to the Marriott on my last night in town and chose the location closest to DFW for convenience of an early morning flight home. It was a nice way to end the trip.

Marriott treats me very well and that is why I stay there. They were prompt and helpful at the front desk and I quickly made it to my room. The room was everything I expected in a Marriott - nice bed and a nice sizable TV with channels I like to watch. There was a special touch of a welcome tray of fruit, cheese, and crackers accompanied by a split of red wine. The food was nice and the wine might have been except there was no cork screw. That was OK - I was really there to crash into bed and sleep for a few hours.

Well done, Marriott. Thanks. I will be back.

1  Thank remerton
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My dad and I are big Alabama fans, and we cooked up a plan to go to Cowboys' Stadium to watch the Tide in their season opener. To keep things at a relatively low cost, I chose this airport hotel. We arrived earlier than expected. As I gave my info, I offered to leave my luggage, but they let me check in (about 4 hours early). The room and common areas were in really good shape. Parking was ample, and all aspects of the staff I interacted with were friendly and on top of their collective game.

Dallas is a fun place to go. If you need an unquestionably good airport hotel, stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Early November i spent four nights at this hotel for a business conference. The hotel is just off the airport, standard Marriott rooms. Very nice staff and attentive housekeeping. The hotel bar and restaurants within the hotel are adequate. The hotel is on the edge of an office park period. Nothing around it. A drive into Grapevine was a welcome diversion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room street side away from the airport runways.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for business October 1-4. Very pleasant surprise on my first time to Dallas. Shuttle was fast and very welcoming. The hotel reception had me up to my room immediately and though I hit a time where the small cafe was closed - they provided several menus of local eateries that deliver. The room was clean and spacious and there was a bowl of individual fun size hershey bars. THAT made my long travel day. It was always filled. Guest services were always fast and the cafe had reasonable, tasty food with free room service. Big, clean gym. Beds very comfy.
Overall, this was a very wonderful stay here and I would utilize this hotel again and refer anyone coming through to stay there as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is fine, but its not really near any restaurants or anything to do. And they charge $12.95 for wifi, which is pretty steep when you can get it for free so many places. And surprisingly, they didn't have any spare iPhone chargers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 212 in Dallas

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!