“Enjoyed my stay!”

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Northwest Ohio
“Enjoyed my stay!”
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Marriot! I had stayed there before, but the recent remodeling gave it an extra WOW factor. The rooms were so luxurious and I felt really spoiled there. There is a flat screen TV, the beds or extra comfortable, the bathroom has granite countertops, and they have Bath and Body Shop amenities. I had a corner room with a balcony and enjoyed this very much, though there were no chairs to sit on. That would be my only complaint. I asked for some, but didn't get any, but they sent up a maintenance man to open the door to the balcony very shortly after I requested help. Also, corner rooms are a little smaller, but that was fine by me. Staff was great. They have always been accomodating to those who attended the conference I go to yearly. Some of the new decor in the lobby, halls and meeting rooms is a little garish though. The colors are hot-I'm talking bright red, turquoise, yellows, oranges, greens. Very tropical feel.

• Liked — Convenient to airport and free shuttle, great room, liked the food.
  • Disliked — If I weren't there for an event and had a discount, then the rooms would have been expensive!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank kady39

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This was a great hotel. The facility was very clean and the employees very attentive. My family and I stayed here during the Thanksgiving week. We were able to meet a few of the Dallas Cowboy players which made our stay more exciting. We really enjoyed the buffet and cook to order breakfast. We loved the sports bar which had excellent food (especially the wings). The only thing I would caution is the price of a pitcher of beer......$15.00 yikes that was righteous brews. Our visit to the Marriott was absolutely wonderful and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
bacointhe04
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This hotel is nice and clean. It appears that the furniture and some of the amenities have been recently updated; and the toiletries were nice. Also I ilked that they gave away a couple of bottles of water in each room (probably costs the hotel only 50 cents, and made a nice impression, compaed with the hotel we stayed at the night before charging $4 a bottle). The staff was nice, although our waitress at Pitchers, the in-house tavern, was less than attentive. The buffet breakfast in their breakfast/lunch restaurant (Liberty grill?) was delicious.

We stayed here for a Cowboys game and were delighted with the entire Cowboys experience offerred by Marriott. We were able to meet and greet some of the players as they arrived at the hotel, which is a great way to spend an evening before the game!

• Liked — The Cowboys package experience
  • Disliked — Inconvenient to other sights/restaurants
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank bacointhe04
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I stayed at the Marriott DFW for a week long business trip. Being an airport hotel I was quite impressed. The decor was very modern and the immenities were very nice. They have a well equiped gym with an abundance of machines so there was no waiting lines to use a machine.
They have an indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub. All in great cleanly condition.

The desk staff was so very friendly and they have shuttles available to take you to and from the airport. Wasn't a huge fan of room service, my food was cold on a couple of occassions and they charge their tip in the bill so I made the mistake of tipping a few times not knowing. So a $10 sandwhich bill soon turned into a $20 bill it seemed.

The restaurants in the hotel are great. I can't say so much for the service though. One of the waitress' was very rude to our table and acted like we were a huge inconvenience. We took it that she was having a bad day.

Being a solo lady traveler, they iimplemented the southern manners and put me on an ALL WOMEN's floor. This I found very interesting at first, but soon came to find out that it was more secure and had better immenities than the other rooms. So I was all for it! Overall though it was a great experience, I really enjoyed my room. Very large, beautiful decor, very clean and modern.It doesn't make you feel too far away from home.

I'd definitely recommend staying here, especially to long staying business travelers!

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank travelngal23
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I stayed 2 nights in the Marriott and found it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Like all Marriott hotels the bed was amazingly comfortable. To be honest I never ever want to leave the room when I stay at Marriott's because the beds are so cozy and the sheets are so soft.

The room was trendy with really pretty contemporary furnishings including a flat screen television and clock radio with MP3 attachments (great if you bring your IPOD). The carpet was really pretty and the bed had reading lights attached to the headboard for guests. Extra pillows were located in the closet and the bathroom included an assortment of Bath and Body Works products.

Parking was free and was located close to the airport (although I did not fly in). I knew several other guests who used their shuttle service and said that it was reliable.

I was in Dallas for a conference for the Dallas Cowboys so I got their rate of $99 per night. The hotel was located near Texas Stadium but that's pretty much all it was near except for the airport. The city of Dallas is so spread out though so you would find this just about anyplace in the Metro-area.

• Liked — The Marriott bed!
  • Disliked — Not close to a lot of touristy stuff/
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank beckar00
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2007

We were coming to Dallas/Fort Worth for a family wedding and reunion.

The wedding and party were being held at this hotel and for ease of travel we stayed here.

What a great hotel and accomodating staff. Free airport shuttle, beautiffuly redecorated rooms with plasma TVs, thick towels, and a luxurious bed and lots of extras - coffee and tea in the rooms, internet access, clock, radio, games and movies. Everything you need. The hotel has 3 restaurants on site, 24 hour room service and a great pool and outdoor patio area.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, Our return flight on Sunday was canceled and we had an extra 3 hours to kill until our new flight but the hotel allowed us a late-check out and access to the pools and patio while we waited. They then offered us free shuttle to the airport even after we had checked out hours before.

I would recommend this hotel to any family, business traveler or group coming to the area who does not need to stay int he "thick" of it.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, beautiful
  • Disliked — Distance from downtown
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank IrishTrisha
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2007

I was at this hotel for a conference in July. Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel with only a few reservations. I will say that the rooms were nicely appointed with a comfortable bed, nice tv, good lighting, big picture windows, and oddly enough, really pretty carpet. The bathroom needed a little work and the towels were really scratchy.

The conference facilities were fine; they all seem the same to me. There could have been more women's bathrooms as the line was always out the door.

The pool area is really quite nice.

My only true complaint with this hotel is actually an indirect one; a group of 10 conference goers decided to take a trip to a local restaurant for dinner; we were suggested by the concierge desk to try P.F. Chang's. We made a booking with the taxi clerk behind the counter (yes, I know he does NOT work for Marriott but he is behind their counter taking arrangements) for two towncars with five people each. When I asked for a price I was told that it was "very cheap"... I found out later another member of my party asked him the same thing and he said "$2 per mile" (Per car, I assume.)

After our 7 minute ride to the restaurant, each driver asked for $25- one way! We grudgingly paid this unreasonable rate, and I called the Marriott to ask about alternate transportation on the way home. They told me they were unable to assist, and gave me the telephone number for a shuttle service, which I promptly called. After 10 minutes on hold with the shuttle, I finally reached a representative and they told me they only pick up out of Houston. So I was left hanging.

Eventually I spoke to the management at P.F. Chang's who took pity on us and had two of their hostesses drive us back to the Marriott- we tipped them for their kindness, and I complained once again to the concierge desk. I was told that the manager on duty would be informed, and I asked that he get in touch with me, which never occurred.

I do realize that the Marriott is not responsible for the taxi clerks behind their counter, but when a guest calls and has a problem with paying $100 round trip for approximately 15 minutes of the drivers' time, I would hope to find better service- this is why people book conferences at Marriotts, not Super 8s. I have contacted the concierge manager (not sure of the official title) and did receive a call back but we have been playing phone tag and I have not been able to speak with him directly.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — location is near NOTHING else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank The_Dylaness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!