“Nice business hotel”

Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Nice business hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice business hotel, it has comfortable rooms and good facilities.
The only problem, they dont pick up the clothes in room for laundry, this is not clearly communicated to the guest.
But overall a nice property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Diego M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the confusion of our guest laundry. I will work with the staff to have better communication letting our guests know about our laundry service. Please let us know if you need anything on your next stay. We truly appreciate you staying with us.

Brian Short

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Kansas City
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The rooms are quite dated and the television small in proportion to the room size. The room doesn't have a desk but this sort of table that scoots out. No extra electrical outlets to be found. Very pricey internet charge. My lunch at the restaurant was terrible.... My service was excruciatingly slow and the chicken on my salad looked like it was roasted for something the night before. They still have these Reagan era portraits of the Marriott family in the lobby hallway... Mariott's still do that? They need to update.

1 Thank Phillip66
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Phillip66,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I do apologize for some of the issues you encountered during your stay especially with the service and food in the restaurant. I will share your comments not only with my food and beverage manager but also with the entire team. Again, I sincerely apologize for the experience of your stay. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband treated me to a night of R&R and SLEEP, so I only experienced this hotel for one night. I have lived in Las Colinas for 9 years, and I never realized this hotel existed until I stayed here! The location is very convenient. It's only a block off of a major highway, but it's tucked away enough where it feels off the beaten path. The lake behind it provides a beautiful backdrop for the modern Williams Square buildings on the other side of it. My view from my window was beautiful. I only wished they had balconies.

The service at check-in was friendly and helpful. They greeted the guests with a smile, and the young woman who checked me in (gosh, I wish I remembered her name!) was beyond helpful. The hotel doesn't have a spa, and she recommended one nearby that was running a $30 for an hour massage special. It was excellent!

Room service was prompt. My room was spacious, very comfortable, and seemed newly renovated. I was pleasantly surprised with this Marriott, and I will recommend it to anyone traveling to Dallas. Especially, if you need to stay near the DFW airport.

Room Tip: The 7th level was nice and quiet. Try to get an east-facing room so you have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear AshDM,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to get away for a night to relax. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Denver
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I'm a Gold Elite member of Marriott's program. I was surprised that this hotel is no longer offering bottled water in the Concierge Lounge. I had to fill two glasses with water from a fruit filled container and carry them down the elevator 5 floors to my room. Then, when I was thirsty again, I had to travel back up to the lounge - lather, rinse, repeat. In the middle of the night, the lounge is closed. I should have made another trip in order to have water in my room. I was told that this property is trying out this new "green" initiative. They still have bottles and cans of soft drinks and beer. Not so green after all..... Marriott and this property are a disappointment. I will look for another property for my frequent stays in Dallas.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear cporter187,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I do apologize about the bottled water in the Concierge. We were a test property for this. We have put the bottled water back into the Concierge. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused during your recent stay. I hope you will reconsider staying with us on future visits to the area.
Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed at this property over the weekend. I was attending an event at the Irving Convention Center and this was the perfect location. There is a great walking path just behind this hotel when I need to stretch my legs.

The room was nice and comfortable and the service was great. They had other events going on Saturday, but my room was quiet and the parking was sufficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank pmgirl
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear pmgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed our rooms and service. We are also happy that you did get to enjoy the path around the lake. We look forward to your next visit the next time you are in the area.
Best Regards,
Sunnyvale, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here with a Friend and we had a Ball. The staff was Friendly, courteous and it was economically Friendly. The Food (Breakfast) was Delicious and cooked as I requested it. The top floor was quite, comfy and although I saw Children in the Lobby I heard none. So I would say the rooms are pretty sound proof. Thank You Marriott, I sincerely had a Great time (I did not give a 5 on the service and overall cleaniness and room because that left a lot to be desired. I had to request someone come to clean and vaccum the room (which they did), but this was the second Hotel I visted this month where the bathroom was Not Clean, shower and tub had rings around it and although it was taken care of immediately, it should NOT have been a Problem). Past that, all was well and fun.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Dr. Patricia D.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you and your friend had a great time staying with us. We are pleased that you did enjoy the breakfast in the restaurant as well. I do want to apologize for the cleanliness of your room. This is unacceptable. I am glad that we did respond immediately to fix the issue you encountered. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area.
Amarillo, texas
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I gave this a hotel a good review relative to the good value I received on a weekend rate. Had I paid a higher rate, I would give this hotel a lesser rating. The beds are comfy and the front desk and staff are friendly. The physical plant is slightly dated in just a couple of areas, but still good. There has been recent remodeling. What they don't tell you when you check in, is that the banquet rooms are on the 2nd floor as well as guest rooms. There is traffic in the hall all of the time and they are loud. Friday night was not bad, but Saturday was horrible. Nice views of the lake and Williams square from lakeside rooms. Valet and Bell desk are very understaffed. There is one guy who, chases cars, answers the phone, and loads and moves luggage. They are very friendly but behind all of the time due to staffing levels. Be prepared to wait.

Room Tip: as stated doe not stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear dady8tor,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. I am glad that you did enjoy the staff and your guest room. I do want to apologize for the noise issues due to the large function we had on property. We will certainly review the problems you encountered so that we may provide better service going forward. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.